Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2020, 01:34   #106
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I was thinking along the same lines for the Fortuner, but man that bounciness from a ladder on frame over a clean riding sedan will take some serious compromise! If I remember correctly you were also considering the Harrier AT, must mention we have been considering identical options
That level of symmetry is quite freaky to be honest, but apart from exterior looks, the Harrier hasn't improved in reputation for me after the niggle report and the erratic music system. Plus the smallish boot is a bummer. Not sure if the symmetry of options ends, the new Creta review had left me question why exactly was I looking at the Superbs, Kodiaqs, Fortuners, Harriers - gives you all creature comforts, resale value, punchy petrol engine, DCT, decent (or say in-between ride quality) - and cost you just about 20 big ones.

Let me know if you eventually made some headway with decision making that could help me out too.

Quote:
I really like the race blue color, but I also find it a bit too attention grabbing. Add to that the headache of matching the shade for painted panels later in the lifecycle and tedious detailing that this shade demands. I would have been happiest with a black sportline with chrome / matt silver emblems / logos, don't think that really is an option even foreign markets though.
This reminds me the reason I preferred black shade over green for my Ninja 250 - still regret not going for the shade that's identity of the bike. Though that is not an option for Superb - the RED is missing.

To be honest, the race blue shade with blacked out markings too is an amazing looker itself. But i fear for it to fade out and loose its attraction with time. That is the reason I prefer the steel grey, as it still enhances the black lettering looks, and is unique in its own way without being much of an attention grabber. Also feel it will not loose its shine with time. the white shade, while no complaints, there are no positives either. A matt black shade would have looked awesome too - given 'black' these days is being sold as synonymous with 'sport' versions.
Old 26th September 2020, 21:16   #107
BHPian

After 5 years with my trusty Creta, it is time to upgrade and I have been test driving a wide range of cars (since the lockdown ended). I am now down to a few options including the Superb. I had a couple of questions about the Superb for anyone who has bought this and I would appreciate any information you can provide.
  1. If anyone has recently bought the 2020 facelift, what is a good on road price for the L&K. This is the first time I am buying a higher segment car and I am finding out that the difference between the list price and actual price is "flexible". Any negotiated prices, especially in Bangalore would help. I haven't started negotiations yet, but I am being quoted ~41L to start with.
  2. Is the Skoda maintenance package worth it? What is the average yearly service costs in the early years. I am being quoted Rs. 50,000 for the 4 years service package. My running will be in the range of 15K km's per year and the average service costs are being quoted at 12K-15K Rs at the Bangalore service centre, so on paper, it makes sense to buy the package.

Help
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 21:50   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
After 5 years with my trusty Creta, it is time to upgrade and I have been test driving a wide range of cars (since the lockdown ended). I am now down to a few options including the Superb. I had a couple of questions about the Superb for anyone who has bought this and I would appreciate any information you can provide....
All the best for the negotiations. As for the service costs, I think there is no way in hell a 40 lakh superb is going to cost only 12k-15k for service especially with 15k annual running. Because 12k-15k is pretty much what it costs to service Polo GTs/Ventos/Rapids, cars which are two segments below the superb. If you're going to buy a VW/Skoda just close your eyes and buy the full package- service and warranty regardless of the running. Leave nothing to chance. Else you may find nasty surprises that can ruin the ownership experience.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st October 2020 at 09:49. Reason: Trimmed quote
nakul0888 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 06:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Move View Post
... the new Creta review had left me question why exactly was I looking at the Superbs, Kodiaqs, Fortuners, Harriers - gives you all creature comforts, resale value, punchy petrol engine, DCT, decent (or say in-between ride quality) - and cost you just about 20 big ones.

Let me know if you eventually made some headway with decision making that could help me out too...
Trust me there is more to the story than the sum of it's parts. The Seltos and Creta are great cars. I was in a similar situation - whether to buy these new or to buy a 1.5 YO Octavia L&K for a similar price.

Drive the options from Skoda/VW along with the Creta++. If you don't feel a meaningful delta between the two - you know your answer.

I could not find the Creta better in any meaningful way over the Octavia (except for the GC and of-course we aren't talking A.S.S. which is improving by the day for India 2.0)
Old 27th September 2020, 07:24   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is the Skoda maintenance package worth it? What is the average yearly service costs in the early years. I am being quoted Rs. 50,000 for the 4 years service package. My running will be in the range of 15K km's per year and the average service costs are being quoted at 12K-15K Rs at the Bangalore service centre, so on paper, it makes sense to buy the package.
The Skoda service cost calculator (in my 4.5 year experience of owning an Octavia TSI) is pretty accurate. Unless you are unlucky enough to damage your car in some way, the routine service bills are similar and transparent. I would even suggest that routine service costs are piddly compared to how the competition is charging even for C1/2 segment crossovers and sedans.

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/ser...ost-calculator

Skoda is normally very reasonable in pricing it's packages - I would suggest you take the same but do evaluate the new 3-tier plans (for your usage) ranging from Basic to Extended.

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th September 2020 at 07:27.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 11:07   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
If you're going to buy a VW/Skoda just close your eyes and buy the full package- service and warranty regardless of the running. Leave nothing to chance. Else you may find nasty surprises that can ruin the ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/ser...ost-calculator

Skoda is normally very reasonable in pricing it's packages - I would suggest you take the same but do evaluate the new 3-tier plans (for your usage) ranging from Basic to Extended.
Thank you both. The service calculator shows an expected price of 57K over 4 years, so at 50K and for peace of mind, it makes sense to go for the SMP. I will dig into the differences between the 3 tiers (brake pads etc).
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 16:33   #112
Team-BHP Support

Since we're having a verbal diarrhoea over the color options on the 2020 Superb, might as well post some showroom pictures for you guys:

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-img_20200920_131125.jpg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-img_20200920_132939.jpg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-img_20200920_133220.jpg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-img_20200920_133737.jpg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-img_20200920_141415.jpg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-img_20200922_122232.jpg

Skoda Superb facelift launched at Rs. 29.99 lakh-img_20200922_132936.jpg

Quote:
but apart from exterior looks, the Harrier hasn't improved in reputation for me after the niggle report and the erratic music system. Plus the smallish boot is a bummer.
The Harrier was high on my consideration list as I had always yearned for a reliable and modern Safari but after all these years (2012-current) of having driven extremely convenient & light controlled appliance like Hyundai cars I am just apprehensive over committing to a truck.

Quote:
Not sure if the symmetry of options ends, the new Creta review had left me question why exactly was I looking at the Superbs, Kodiaqs, Fortuners, Harriers - gives you all creature comforts, resale value, punchy petrol engine, DCT, decent (or say in-between ride quality) - and cost you just about 20 big ones.
The Creta is a great package for sure and the only reason for not considering it is that we have already have one at home

Quote:
Let me know if you eventually made some headway with decision making that could help me out too.
I really liked driving the Superb, its a great utility luxury sedan and a perfect upgrade from the Verna (light steering, smooth engine, soft suspension, newer creature comforts, etc.), but with our Creta & Innova currently sitting idle it isn't exactly an ideal scenario to budget for another car. Had the Creta been an autobox I surely would not be considering any car replacement in the near future. After all this dilemma our resident killjoy veteran Viddy sent me this video (skip to 12:30) :

Quote:
To be honest, the race blue shade with blacked out markings too is an amazing looker itself. But i fear for it to fade out and loose its attraction with time.
I saw one in race blue on the road last week and it did not look as stunning as it did in the showroom. It had the blacked out emblem and spoiler, so pretty sure it wasn't exactly an old car either. Maybe it was the plastic that needed to be removed off the B pillar, maybe I was running late to work, can't put a finger to it!

Quote:
  1. If anyone has recently bought the 2020 facelift, what is a good on road price for the L&K. This is the first time I am buying a higher segment car and I am finding out that the difference between the list price and actual price is "flexible". Any negotiated prices, especially in Bangalore would help.
I've been offered flat 3 lacs off on the on road price of the Sportline trim by both dealers in Mumbai, see if you can snatch another 50K or get them to include the service package which is worth 50K. With Skoda I'd highly recommend spending on the extended 5th & 6th year warranty as well.
manson is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 19:31   #113
BHPian

Quote:

I've been offered flat 3 lacs off on the on road price of the Sportline trim by both dealers in Mumbai, see if you can snatch another 50K or get them to include the service package which is worth 50K. With Skoda I'd highly recommend spending on the extended 5th & 6th year warranty as well.
I actually like the Lava Blue on the L&K over the Sport Blue when I have seen them in person, to each their own I suppose .

Thanks for the 3L tip. With the festival season around the corner, I am hoping to get something similar in Bangalore with the service package included.

5th and 6th year warranty can be bought any time before the 4th year with an increase of about 12K over buying now.

Anyone have an opinion on the essential accessories kit? Is it worth it, can I not buy it if I don't want it?

ESSENTIAL ACCESSORIES KIT:
Smart Holder - Media holder ( Head Rest & Arm Rest)* > Waste Bin > Cushion Pillows ( 2 Nos) > Rubber Foot Mats ( Front and Rear) > USB Connection Cable - Apple > Front Mud Flap > Coat Hanger* > USB Connection Cable - Mini> Rubber Mats Over Tunnel > Rear Bumper Protective Foil > USB Connection Cable - Micro USB > Car Cover
Old 30th September 2020, 21:48   #114
BHPian

I am also looking at a Superb in Mumbai. Wifey and I made the trip to the dealer to select trim, colour and interior.

Wife loved Race Blue but did not like black alacantra n black spoiler. Also the car would be used as a family sedan not a sports coupe. The Sportline did not seem luxurious relative to the L&K. Hence, Sportline is out.

We loved the brown interior. Beige is too common and also felt a lil cheap. The darkish brown will also stain less. Unfortunately it comes in Black n White only!! Why Skoda why?

So we are left to pick the interior of choice and compromise on exterior or pick our fav exterior (Blue) and compromise on interior. We are leaning towards the former - White exterior with Brown seats.

I have quoted 33 Lacs for the L&K, will wait n watch.

Last edited by manson : 1st October 2020 at 00:19. Reason: Typos.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 02:05   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post

I have quoted 33 Lacs for the L&K, will wait n watch.
Wow 33 lacs translates to an approx discount of 6.5 lacs . IMO thats a really sweet deal
Please share more details about the same .
Also wanted to know if you were offered a similar deal on the Sportline or the discounts are less on that ?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st October 2020 at 09:51. Reason: Please quote only relevant bits of posts when responding.
Old 1st October 2020, 07:35   #116
BHPian

It's just my offer to the dealer.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 14:27   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
It's just my offer to the dealer.
Let us know how it goes. I wish Bangalore prices were better, no chance of even thinking of getting to this number here.
Old 20th October 2020, 00:30   #118
BHPian

Hi VPJ74 / Manku - Any progress on your discount bargains? I have been enquiring on the Sportline and have been offered upto 2.5L on the Ex-Showroom price.

Also - any views on:
1. Mileage that the 2.0L Superb realistically gives? ARAI claimed mileage of 15 kmpl looks too high for a car of this size.

2. I drive a Laura and find the small turning radius to be a huge advantage. Any thoughts on this point for the Superb?

Cheers,
Sanju
Old 21st October 2020, 12:49   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Hi VPJ74 / Manku - Any progress on your discount bargains? I have been enquiring on the Sportline and have been offered upto 2.5L on the Ex-Showroom price.

Also - any views on:
1. Mileage that the 2.0L Superb realistically gives? ARAI claimed mileage of 15 kmpl looks too high for a car of this size.

2. I drive a Laura and find the small turning radius to be a huge advantage. Any thoughts on this point for the Superb?
I bought the L&K (longer writeup coming soon). I was offered 2.0L for the Sportline. I just got an SMS saying they are offering free insurance + extended warranty (~1.7L) for festival season, but seem to have reduced the ex-showroom discounts to match when I asked my SA.

Mileage - Still only in my second week, but easily getting between 9-11 for mixed city and highway driving.

Turning radius is not small for sure. I moved from a Creta and I am having to calculate available space for turning. Havent had any issues though, the car is very responsive and precise with sensors front and back, so have been able to turn around in multiple tight spots.
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 17:05   #120
BHPian

Need some help everyone. I have been offered 25 l onroad for a demo Superb 2019 L&k model in UP with 4600 kms. Is it Worth buying?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks