Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2020, 23:32   #16
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
No way! Have a close look at pic no. 3, it's 205/55 R17 size.
Oh sorry! My bad.

I think the MQB A0 platform has passed Skoda QC as previous reports said that the scala is being used to test the platform in our conditions.

I think it would be priced almost similar to Creta/Seltos diesel. Would be great if it manages to do 4 digit sales.
Old 29th October 2020, 08:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 Skoda Vision SUV Could Be Named KLIQ:

The fully loaded SUV now spied showing its Front Look and LED Headlamps. Launching in mid-2021 ahead of its sibling VW Taigun.

Will come in 1.0L and 1.5L TSI engines in MT/AT and DSG variants. Will compete with Hyundai's Creta, Kia Seltos and some variants of Jeep Compass.

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedfrontnew.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-skodavisioninsuvspied600x338.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th October 2020 at 08:26.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 11:06   #18
BHPian

The Kliq sounds like a fun name with that tinge of sophistication. What's with the K names for their recent products, by the way? Inspired by an Indian TV production house?

Although, Skoda has come a long way from selling products with names like Laura in India. Led to a lot of sneers and giggles especially in North India.

I really hope they can make Vision IN work. We need more competition in India.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 14:03   #19
BHPian

Skoda Vision IN caught night riding by Powerdrift.

https://www.facebook.com/37307944277...?sfnsn=wiwspmo
Old 29th October 2020, 16:03   #20
BHPian

Although this has a less chance, but Skoda can launch the karoq with 2.0TSI as with the launch of Vision IN the Karoq will not have any significant usp as the vision IN will have the 1.5TSI DSG.

It would be justifiable to pay 30lakhs for CKD Karoq only if it has the 2.0TSI with 4X4.
Atharva4545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 17:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda-VW Begin Testing CNG Engines In India, signaling that the VW Group have begun testing their TGI engines in India.

-Their 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engines can also run on CNG in Europe

-The CNG engines are expected to be an option with Skoda’s/Vw's upcoming compact SUV.

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-sko.jpg

Name:  z.PNG
Views: 6856
Size:  584.2 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 22:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda-VW Begin Testing CNG Engines In India, signaling that the VW Group have begun testing their TGI engines in India.

-Their 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engines can also run on CNG in Europe

-The CNG engines are expected to be an option with Skoda’s/Vw's upcoming compact SUV.

Not just 1 & 1.5 liter, but the 2 liter turbo petrol is also Natural Gas enabled in Europe/ UK. In fact, the fastest natural gas powered vehicle record holder is a Skoda Octavia 2 liter one.
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:33   #23
BHPian

I'm a little confused about why Skoda is developing this all-new SUV when they already have the Kamiq in international markets. This seems like the same size and segment.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Skoda went down this route instead of getting the Kamiq over?
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:52   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
I'm a little confused about why Skoda is developing this all-new SUV when they already have the Kamiq in international markets. This seems like the same size and segment.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Skoda went down this route instead of getting the Kamiq over?
Price!
If the Kamiq were brought in as a CKD and assembled in India, the price would land up well above 17-18 lacs ex showroom. With the Vision , they are doing heavy localization and I expect them to price it starting 12lacs ex showroom and going maybe till 17 lacs for the top end turbo petrol auto version. With the Kamiq they would not have been able the achieve this price point .

Even at the 11-16 lacs price point they will have to fight for success as the Sonet has changed the value proposition and you get a fully loaded Sonet with 6 airbags and Diesel Auto at 12.9 lacs ex showroom.

Skoda Vision on the other hand will only be Turbo Petrol engines - probably 1 L and 1.5 L options.

Last edited by Behemoth : 2nd November 2020 at 14:59.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 15:27   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The Kamiq is similar but has a few major disadvantages:

1. Design is more estate and large hatch like (similar to the S-cross). This plays a major negative in the minds of indian buyers who expect an SUV to be butch and boxy.

2. Size wise the KAmiq length is lesser than Creta and Seltos however it would be priced almost on par with Creta and Seltos. This would mean instant flop as people will not look at smaller car that has no presence for premium price.

Hence Skoda decided to develop this new Vison IN which is heavily localized and based on a lower cost MQB-A0 IN platform.

This will be above 4m but less than Creta/Seltos at around 4.25m but will have a raised and beefy SUV stance appealing to buyers way more than Kamiq.

It also allows them to price it competitively being locally manufactured from ground up.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Skoda is localizing heavily the modular MQB A0 IN platform which will underpin a range of VW and Skoda models in India in the coming years. First model based on this platform is going to be Vision In followed by VW Taigun.

Skoda is giving Vision IN butch look unlike Kamiq to satisfy Indian taste buds. Heavy localization also will help Skoda to keep the price competitive.
Deadpool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Price!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This will be above 4m but less than Creta/Seltos at around 4.25m but will have a raised and beefy SUV stance appealing to buyers way more than Kamiq.

It also allows them to price it competitively being locally manufactured from ground up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Skoda is localizing heavily the modular MQB A0 IN platform which will underpin a range of VW and Skoda models in India in the coming years.
Thanks everyone for your answers

And yeah, it makes a lot of sense when one looks at it as localizing the Kamiq -vs- localizing a modular platform which will underpin quite a few models.

I'm personally looking forward to it (and to Zac Hollis' India 2.0 project).
Old 5th November 2020, 23:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Vision IN spotted testing in Pune

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-smartselect_20201105233502_instagram.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-smartselect_20201105233514_instagram.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHNdO-vA...=1oznmc5iincjs
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 02:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Really hoping the car doesn't lose its VAG group USPs like good build and high quality. I feel it might be a perfect upgrade for most of us Polo/Vento/Rapid owners
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 10:06   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda's SUV spied again, shows front, rear and dashboard:

Quote:
The India-spec SUV employs two-part headlamp design but compared to the Kamiq, the upper element is larger. The crossover will feature several India-spec design elements including exclusive exterior color options and interior trims to suit the local taste.
Skoda Kamiq inspired dashboard:

Quote:
a stand-alone touchscreen infotainment display above the center console. The overall layout is consistent with that of the concept which in turn derives its inspiration from the Europe-spec Kamiq.

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedinteriorsexteriors10747x420.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedinteriorsexteriors15.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedinteriorsexteriors4600x338.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedinteriorsexteriors13600x338.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-0.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedinteriorsexteriors12746x420.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedinteriorsexteriors7600x337.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedinteriorsexteriors17747x420.jpg

The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-2021skodavisioninsuvspiedinteriorsexteriors18748x420.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th November 2020 at 10:22.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks