Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 11:56   #61
BHPian

re: The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
1.5 tsi would be launched in three trims, with the DSG being available in the mid and top variants.
Query to all the experts out here, I believe DQ200 would be the one that would be used in this Vision IN and it's been in use for sometime now, how reliable is this gearbox?
Old 30th November 2020, 12:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe that can happen in future, but skoda doesn't launch plus variants, they have onyx and monte carlo editions, so we will get that.

1.5 tsi would be launched in three trims, with the DSG being available in the mid and top variants. Manual gearbox would be available in all the trims as well.

The 1.0 tsi would have three trims as well, torque converter gearbox in the top two trims and manual gearbox would be there for all three as well.
That's a well thought engine+gear box variant distribution. With this, there will be a Vision In for everybody. If the top end trim is going to be south of 16.5 lakh ex-showroom, then SKODA will have a winner like Rapid.
Old 30th November 2020, 12:45   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Wow, that's a nice spread of engine and gearbox combinations! Since you have a plethora of information on the Vision IN, can you also post the tentative month of launch and also if we are going to get the Onyx and Monte Carlo editions initially?
It would be launched around March-April, the special editions would come in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Query to all the experts out here, I believe DQ200 would be the one that would be used in this Vision IN and it's been in use for sometime now, how reliable is this gearbox?
The gearbox had issues in the initial years but later on they were rectified and people had trouble free ownership, the gearbox would be same as the one from T-rok and karoq, and they are running fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
That's a well thought engine+gear box variant distribution. With this, there will be a Vision In for everybody. If the top end trim is going to be south of 16.5 lakh ex-showroom, then SKODA will have a winner like Rapid.
It surely looks intresting, i think skoda will finally have a winner.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 15:35   #64
BHPian

Quote:
It would be launched around March-April, the special editions would come in a year.

The gearbox had issues in the initial years but later on they were rectified and people had trouble free ownership, the gearbox would be same as the one from T-rok and karoq, and they are running fine.

I think the DQ200 7 speed DSG is still a not so reliable gearbox as can be seen through multiple experiences both in India and abroad. Forums like Briskoda is filled with warnings to existing and prospective owners about the DQ200 Dry clutch gearbox.

I guess more than whether Skoda will cover the issues, if any, within Warranty, its more about peace of mind because this being a compact SUV many owners will like to take it out on the highways and no one would like to get stranded due to a gearbox failure.

I think the strategy with 1.0 TSI and AT is working very well since I know many people who got the 1.0 TSI AT but had skipped the Vento TSI just for the gearbox.

It will be great if Skoda can look at this angle and either consider the DQ250 wet clutch which has a solid track record or a good and reliable AT for the 1.5 TSI as well.

Automatics have been gaining a lot of popularity in India and the reliability factor will help drive the sales by a big margin.

Last edited by adneo : 30th November 2020 at 15:37.
adneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 16:03   #65
BHPian

Thanks @yesyeswe for lots of good information!

Quote:
The price won't go above 16.5 ex showroom for the top of the line automatic variant, this is coming from insider source.
I would be pleasantly surprised if this happens to be true. Historically VAG cars have been more expensive than Koreans which seems to be changing with their 2.0 strategy

Quote:
Panoramic sunroof is not going to be there, that has been confirmed.

There would be two engine options, 1.0 tsi and the 1.5 tsi having 150 hp. Both of the engines would come with automatic gearbox, while the former would get the torque converter unit, the latter would get DSG with paddle shifters. Both gearbox would come with a manual gearbox as well.

There would be three trims, active, ambition and style, no plus variants. Four airbags are standard while the top variant would get 6.
Do you know if it will have electronic parking brake with auto-hold?
Old 30th November 2020, 16:44   #66
pms
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the details, not sure whether Skoda will price it below Creta or Seltos, it would definitely be a surprise if they do so.

If I may, any information whether Vision In will come with a virtual cockpit and what will be boot size (bigger than Creta/Seltos or same range)?
Old 30th November 2020, 21:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Automatics have been gaining a lot of popularity in India and the reliability factor will help drive the sales by a big margin.
Well the gearbox is going to be DQ200 and let's just hope that they fix it properly this time, going by the records of troc and kodiaq, i think they have fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
Thanks @yesyeswe for lots of good information!
Do you know if it will have electronic parking brake with auto-hold?
A normal traditional gearbox is going to be there so that you can do the occasional drift as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Thanks for the details, not sure whether Skoda will price it below Creta or Seltos, it would definitely be a surprise if they do so.

If I may, any information whether Vision In will come with a virtual cockpit and what will be boot size (bigger than Creta/Seltos or same range)?
No virtual cockpit, skoda is going with the features that actually matter, but maybe some want a virtual cockpit. So what do you prefer? An unsafe car with lot of gizmos or a safe car, with good amount of features, good ride quality and handling and which would cost less as well.

Maybe they will bring in these features later on but remember that, they are going to price it lower than the competition, so don't expect the exact or more features than the competition.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 22:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
A normal traditional gearbox is going to be there so that you can do the occasional drift as well
Do you mean there is no EPB?

I drive Golf Mk7 with manual gearbox and EPB with Autohold. Whenever I drive any other car with manual parking brake I forget to engage it because both applying releasing parking brake is fully automatic in EPB. Autohold is a great convenience when stopping at signals.

I think cars on MQB A0 platform (e.g. Polo Mk6) have only traditional parking brake and no EPB so I don’t expect Vision IN to have EPB (would be nice if it has )
Old 30th November 2020, 22:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
I think cars on MQB A0 platform (e.g. Polo Mk6) have only traditional parking brake and no EPB so I don’t expect Vision IN to have EPB (would be nice if it has )
Troc which is based on the mqb a0 platform surely has epb with autohold.
Old 30th November 2020, 23:10   #70
BHPian

Will it have similar rear seat space as Seltos/Creta - and will be a proper 5 seater (not a 4 seater + 1 kid space) ?

I think thats quite important for a lot of people, and explains why 2 door cars dont sell in India - people have to carry more family members occasionally.
Or sometimes they have one car or one driver per family.

Last edited by MaanSingh : 30th November 2020 at 23:11.
Old 1st December 2020, 00:36   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Will it have similar rear seat space as Seltos/Creta - and will be a proper 5 seater (not a 4 seater + 1 kid space) ?

I think thats quite important for a lot of people, and explains why 2 door cars dont sell in India - people have to carry more family members occasionally.
Or sometimes they have one car or one driver per family.
Well i'm sure it makes a lot of sense if three people can sit abreast but the middle seat is never made for the third passenger, having arm rest and an uncomfortable raised bench. But whether three people can fit comfortably, that i don't know.
Old 1st December 2020, 06:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Troc which is based on the mqb a0 platform surely has epb with autohold.
T-Roc is based on MQB A1 and only T-Cross is based on MQB A0.
Old 1st December 2020, 09:34   #73
BHPian

Honestly surprised at some comments suggesting that Skoda should price this higher than the Korean twins, just to keep up with the premium image. May be the speculation that a brand like Skoda might undercut the Korean twins might be an indicator of the extent to which the twins are overpriced in the first place !

The percepted premium positioning of Skoda has exactly what caused them to remain a fringe player in the Indian market. They can continue to play that card, but I'm sure they would like bigger numbers at the end of the day and the midsize SUV is the hottest segment right now.. Pricing it right wont cause them to lose the positioning, will just bring in better numbers. With the price points that are being talked about, the car remains out of bound for more than 80% of all car buying public anyway !
coldice4u is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 10:43   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
T-Roc is based on MQB A1 and only T-Cross is based on MQB A0.
Apologies, I was misinformed.

On a separate note is EPB feature linked to a platform? In recent example although Creta shares the platform with Seltos the former has EPB while latter does not. May be the platform needs to support this feature but still a car might not get it to save costs.

Interestingly EPB is present in the Skoda Vision In concept car displayed in the last Auto Expo but Taigun got the traditional hand brake.

Moreover, the Vision In video on the skoda website actually highlights the panoramic sunroof while it was clear that Taigun display car didn't have it.

I wonder if the platform supports all this and makes it to the latter version of the car.

Another inference could be that the Vision In will probably be placed higher than Taigun just like Karoq was to T-roc.

Last edited by NT56 : 1st December 2020 at 10:44.
NT56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 12:24   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies, I was misinformed.

On a separate note is EPB feature linked to a platform? In recent example although Creta shares the platform with Seltos the former has EPB while latter does not. May be the platform needs to support this feature but still a car might not get it to save costs.

Interestingly EPB is present in the Skoda Vision In concept car displayed in the last Auto Expo but Taigun got the traditional hand brake.

Moreover, the Vision In video on the skoda website actually highlights the panoramic sunroof while it was clear that Taigun display car didn't have it.

I wonder if the platform supports all this and makes it to the latter version of the car.

Another inference could be that the Vision In will probably be placed higher than Taigun just like Karoq was to T-roc.
Exactly my concerns too, there is a lot of ambiguity and as per the recent reply by Zac Hollis himself on my recent tweet, he says more information will start rolling out early 2021. So no point in speculating about features as of now and the wait continues for a proper feature-loaded, well built mid-size crossover
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Kushaq crossover, now unveiled!-zac-hollis-tweet.jpg  

Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks