Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 10:43   #1
BHPian

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Hi,

I know some threads are existing on embossed number plates, But this is different.

I have to replace the Number plate in my XETA, So I thought of checking out with Utsav Plates-from whom I had my Lancers plate replaced once.

According to their Website they say that by 31 May,2007 all cars in delhi have to get High Security Number Plates.

I did recall reading a few months back that the plan was in making, Any idea on the authenticity of the claim.

Although I'm keen on getting it done-I fear it may come at a premium cost,since its not yet mandated.

Any clue how much does a regular Embossed Number plate cost in Delhi and Where ?

india, manufacturers, suppliers, anti theft number plates, high security registration plates, counterfeit proof number plates

EDIT: Adding some more info about these plates:

Quote:
What is HSRP?

High Security Registration Plates (in short HSRP) is a number plate for vehicles which was introduced by Ministry of Road Transport and Highway (MORTH) on 2001. It is made of 1mm special grade Aluminium and is laminated with White/Yellow reflective sheets. It has embossed characters upon which Black foil with security inscription are hot stamped.

It also has the following security features to prevent counterfeiting:

• Hot Stamped Chromium based ‘Chakra’ hologram
• Ingressed IND Legend
• Unique Laser etched code
• Hot stamped Black Foil with ‘INDIA’ Inscript
• Snap Locks
• 3rd Registration Plate (A self-destructible sticker with chromium hologram pasted on the wind shield of the vehicle containing information about the vehicle)

How does HSRP helps in keeping my vehicle secured?

Laser number :
All HSRP have a laser identification number etched on the surface, which cannot be erased and is unique for every HSRP throughout India. This Laser number is attached with all the relevant information about the vehicle Like Registration Number, Make, Model, Engine No., Chassis No. Etc. This data is electronically saved in the database of the Government. This Laser number helps in determining whether the number plate is genuine or not and thus helps in identifying the authenticity of the vehicle in question.

Snap Locks :
HSRP is fixed on the vehicles using temper-evident, non-removable and non-reusable snap locks which makes it extremely difficult to remove the number plate once it has been affixed making it difficult for criminals to steal vehicle and replacing the HSRP with ordinary number plates.

Reflective Sheet :
The HSRP also have a white or Yellow reflective sheet laminated on its surface making the vehicle more visible during night thus avoiding accidents.

Standard Format :
There are only 4 sizes of HSRP and the Registration Numbers are embossed very clearly on it making them highly readable. This helps the law enforcement agencies to curb down crime in various ways.

Excellent Finish :
We make our HSRP with the best available raw material (imported from Germany and Japan) in a very advanced production Line manufactured in The Netherlands. The end result is a number plate which has an excellent finish and unparalleled looks making your vehicle look even better.

What happens in case the HSRP is damaged/lost and it needs to be replaced?

The damaged HSRP has to be brought to the RTO and a fresh application for replacement has to be made. In case the HSRP is lost due to some reason, it is recommended that a diary be registered in your Police Station mentioning the Laser Identification number of the HSRP that has been lost and a fresh application has to be made for replacement of the lost HSRP.

I already have HSRP affixed on my vehicle, but I can’t see any laser identification number on it. Why?

The number plate that you have on your vehicle, is not HSRP. It is only a look-alike. You would have to get a new HSRP from the registered vendor approved by the transport department of your state.
Source

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st November 2013 at 18:20. Reason: Adding some more info
wolfinstein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2007, 10:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

I guess the deadline for these plates have been extended. Last I heard was it was extended till October end this year.
Old 11th April 2007, 11:44   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Embossed high-security plates in Bangalore cost Rs 800 for the set. They come in one standard size only for all cars.

Last edited by theMAG : 11th April 2007 at 11:45.
Old 11th April 2007, 11:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for that link. Was wondering where to get this done in Mumbai. Sent them an inquiry, to which they responded within 5 minutes with a call. Just wonder if the front plate would fit correctly on the Octi's bumper. He said he's bringing me a sample tomorrow.
Old 11th April 2007, 12:58   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Embossed high-security plates in Bangalore cost Rs 800 for the set. They come in one standard size only for all cars.
i saw in an octavia and a swift smaller rectangular plates in front, i guess they had gone with the size of bike rear plates, same format though

cost 800-850 in bangalore.
Old 11th April 2007, 13:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Those number plates look nice .Mahesh and Jaggu any idea where can I pick up these in Bangy??

Also whilst reading the article I found that there is a non-removable snap lock.Can someone throw more light on the replacement of these if needed.

Old 11th April 2007, 13:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone throw more light on the replacement of these if needed.
I'm not sure how useful are those snaplocks. You can easily replace these snaplocks with normal screws. The embossed plates as on V12's bike. The unique serial number wasnt available at that time.

Chromium based hologram with chakra
India inscribed in hot stamp.

Old 11th April 2007, 13:48   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Those number plates look nice .Mahesh and Jaggu any idea where can I pick up these in Bangy??

Also whilst reading the article I found that there is a non-removable snap lock.Can someone throw more light on the replacement of these if needed.
Car Shringar got it done for me - I know him well and can put you on to him if you want the plates. Only 1 govt agent in Bangalore is authorized to do it - and all these number plates are orderd thru him.

The non-removable snap lock is designed in such a way that once you fasten the plates on using them, you need to shear the tops off them and they can never be unscrewed/removed after that.
Old 11th April 2007, 13:49   #9
BHPian

I think the deadline for this was postponed somewhere in late 2007
Old 11th April 2007, 13:50   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hey gordon. Thanks for that snap. I think I may go for the bike numberplate for the front bumper (if thats allowed that is).

Just a thought. If this is compulsory for bikes, how the heck am I supposed to fit that on my ZZR!?!? maybe the Govt. should be like the rest of the world and do away with front plates on 2 wheelers.

Last edited by Rtech : 11th April 2007 at 13:51.
Old 11th April 2007, 14:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Mahesh can you post the pic of the license plate on your car. Just wanna make sure it can fit the baleno's rear number plate slot.
Any idea on the dimensions ?
Old 11th April 2007, 14:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Thanks for that link. Was wondering where to get this done in Mumbai. Sent them an inquiry, to which they responded within 5 minutes with a call. Just wonder if the front plate would fit correctly on the Octi's bumper. He said he's bringing me a sample tomorrow.

Hi

The number plate is a universal size for all cars. The plate fits the Octavia without any problem, I have one on my octavia, no problem fo ahead......

Cheers
Old 11th April 2007, 14:25   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Mahesh can you post the pic of the license plate on your car. Just wanna make sure it can fit the baleno's rear number plate slot.
Any idea on the dimensions ?
Will put it up in evening. Dimension is roughly 3.5" tall and 10" wide.
Old 11th April 2007, 15:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

wow they are quite good, posted on the site and 1 hr i get email and call from bangalore manufacturer, only thing he thought i was enquiring about dealership.

anyways ordered and will be ready by evening BUT i will get time only on satday to get it fixed
Old 11th April 2007, 18:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
anyways ordered and will be ready by evening BUT i will get time only on satday to get it fixed
how much are you paying for that???? any idea how much they will charge for bike no plates???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks