Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 14:55   #76
BHPian

Hey mag any idea as to where you can get these number plates in Bangalore.
TARUL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 10:20   #77
BHPian

High Security Number Plates in Chennai !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
It is called speedex now. As you come from the nandanam signal, it is opposite to YMCA, a little further. take a u turn & there is this building which also houses a BSNL office.

e_l,

Just Spoke with them and it seems they are not doing it right now.Do you know another place in our chennai managaram,where i can get it done?

The number plates from the dealer are very small and does not blend with the overall looks of the car.Please help

Thanks,
Raajiv
Old 26th February 2008, 10:49   #78
Senior - BHPian

Speedex is the only authorised dealer for this. They may not be doing this since the govt has not started implementing it. But they do make some standard reflective plates which are pretty good, i have one in my car, take a look in my garage.
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:50   #79
Senior - BHPian

High Security Number Plates- latest update in Jaipur

I didnt know whether to start a new thread for this so i am adding to the already running one.
As per todays edition of TOI jaipur following are the excerpts regarding high security registeration plates (HSRP).

" The state government notification issued on September 29, under the direction of the Supreme Court, has made it mandatory for all new vehicles, registered on or after March 11, 2009 to install the HSRP. Vehicles currently on road and registered before March 11,2009 shall be required to affix such plates within a period of 2 years i.e on or before March 10, 2011."
" The notification said that Shimmit Utsch India, Pvt Ltd a Mumbai based company will be the exclusive supplier for the HSRP. The security plates will be equipped by the company at the RTO office under the supervision of the supervision of the transport dept's nominated official"
" The customised HSRP would cost between Rs 550 and Rs 1,100 depending on the type and the capacity of the vehicle. The rates will be chargeable from the vehicle owner and will be inclusive of all taxes and levies. The manufacturer will pay the state government a royalty of 5% on each sale made as cover charges"

The salient features of the HSRP are
  1. The chromium hologram that is not easily replacable
  2. A retro reflective film bearing a verification inscription "INDIA" at 45 degree inclination, which can not be easily replaced
  3. Laser numbering, which is unique in nature containing alpha numeric identification of both testing agencies and the manufacturer
  4. in case of rear registration plate, it is fitted with a non-reusable snap lock which would be issued by the RTO
  5. A chromium foiled based 3rd registration plate in form of sticker to be attached to windscreen, wherein the number of engine and chassis are indicated along with tha name of the registering authority
  6. In front and rear HSRP, letter IND in blue colour is hot stamped
I was trying to find the full article on the net but couldnt do so i have just put in the excerpts from the article

I hope this is implemented religiously as IMO it will go a long way to check Thefts
Old 6th November 2008, 16:53   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
I didnt know whether to start a new thread for this so i am adding to the already running one.
As per todays edition of TOI jaipur following are the excerpts regarding high security registeration plates (HSRP).

" The state government notification issued on September 29, under the direction of the Supreme Court, has made it mandatory for all new vehicles, registered on or after March 11, 2009 to install the HSRP. Vehicles currently on road and registered before March 11,2009 shall be required to affix such plates within a period of 2 years i.e on or before March 10, 2011."
So if I have time till 2011, then on my existing number plates, is there a law that determines what size, what font etc. Cause i got my number plate done with a lil bit of a grayish tinge instead of white, with lager numbers but in a fancy font. Is this allowed ? atleast till 2011?
Please comment.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:44   #81
BHPian

Anybody got any ides if this can be done in Kolkata?
Old 6th November 2008, 17:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Speedex is the only authorised dealer for this. They may not be doing this since the govt has not started implementing it. But they do make some standard reflective plates which are pretty good, i have one in my car, take a look in my garage.
Hey freinds, can someone provide me the tel no and address of the guys manufacturing those number plate machines? as i want to set up a business here in Goa
Old 12th November 2008, 00:20   #83
BHPian

Guys,
Anyone know dealership in Bangalore for HSR plates? Recently I have seen many cars in Bangalore with the HSR plates.
Old 13th November 2008, 06:59   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Guys,
Anyone know dealership in Bangalore for HSR plates? Recently I have seen many cars in Bangalore with the HSR plates.
Other day I was at Auto Fusion Koramangala and saw a guy delivering a big bunch of these number plates. I checked with Auto Fusion and he said about someone in Airport road who makes it and costs about 800/- a pair. So I guess you can go directly to the person on airport road (see quoted posts below) or get it done from your familiar auto accessories shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
You can source the plates from Near Rajeswari theathre on Airport Road Near KEMP FORTE in Bangalore. The dealer's name is Mr. Rajashanker and you can call him on 9341230174 . It cost rs 750 for me and they come in only two standards sizes 55cmsx12cms (Single line) and 34cmx20cm ( Two Line )
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Car Shringar got it done for me - I know him well and can put you on to him if you want the plates. Only 1 govt agent in Bangalore is authorized to do it - and all these number plates are orderd thru him..
Old 13th November 2008, 09:46   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Other day I was at Auto Fusion Koramangala and saw a guy delivering a big bunch of these number plates. I checked with Auto Fusion and he said about someone in Airport road who makes it and costs about 800/- a pair. So I guess you can go directly to the person on airport road (see quoted posts below) or get it done from your familiar auto accessories shop.
Thanks Guys. Im planning to do it this weekend. Will update once it is done.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
The best part with the airport road guy is that you can call him up tell him s your vehicle model name and he will suggest the number plate sizes for your registration number . Then later in the evening you can go and pick up the plates together with the screws, but be warned that the road to his shop is pretty cramped and if your having a big vehicle getting in and out of this place would be a night mare
Old 13th November 2008, 09:58   #87
BHPian

Hey Guys, Where can I have this done in Pune? What would be costs?
Old 13th November 2008, 19:05   #88
BHPian

required plates

Hi,i would be really gratefull if some one could source me the plates (plain embossed,not security ones). i need the front one to be of this specific size,42 cm lenght x 9 cm high.I know they are made in chennai. The problem is that i am not able to find them here in goa. Thanks

Last edited by nc1bad : 13th November 2008 at 19:08.
Old 13th November 2008, 22:17   #89
BHPian

Guys,

I Contacted the dealer in Bangalore for the number plates. They informed me that its not actual HSR plates. They are plates similiar to that having IND embossed on it and having water marks on black letters. So now my question is what extra a real HSR plate has got? They didnt answer that question. Can anyone explain me?
Old 14th November 2008, 06:51   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I Contacted the dealer in Bangalore for the number plates. They informed me that its not actual HSR plates. They are plates similiar to that having IND embossed on it and having water marks on black letters. So now my question is what extra a real HSR plate has got? They didnt answer that question. Can anyone explain me?
Well, I think that is true in a way. Actual implementation of HSR plates also involve a 3rd number plate (or rather sticker) for the windshield with engine no., chassis no. etc. also. Also the fixing of the same has to be done in RTO/authorized premises along with updating of RTO records etc. Hence my guess is that when there is a statutory implementation drive, those who have got these now will have to get it redone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks