Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 16:18   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
I have had mine for 1.5 yrs (40k km) and all it takes is a wipe with a diesel soaked rag to make it look brand new again. I think mine cost about 750 Rs.
How prone is to to rattles??? Do you use the snap locks to secure it to your bumper?
Old 27th July 2009, 20:36   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
How prone is to to rattles??? Do you use the snap locks to secure it to your bumper?
Seems to be just ordinary bolts. It does not rattle at all. Of course, I drive a swift, so perhaps the rattling door panels are drowning out any noise from the plates.
However, as Wildon said, these do not seem to be the actual HSRPs that the govt wants to introduce. Once that happens, I'll probably have to throw these out.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:01   #213
BANNED

Yesterday, when I went to a reputed accessory shop at Cochin, I found out that they are also fitting High Security Registration Plates(Rs.1000 for cars).

The curious thing is that they are fitted without non-reusable snap lock. The reason the shop owner told me that customers don't prefer the snap lock because it remains protruded and looks bland ! So, in reality the plates are normal number plates except the font style.

So now I know what the majority of cars which flaunt the "so called" High Security Registration Plates are really bearing !

So, in India as long as the customers are careless/ignorant no rule will do any good.

I've also heard that there are lots of fake High Security Registration Plates which costs about Rs.600.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:18   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Yesterday, when I went to a reputed accessory shop at Cochin, I found out that they are also fitting High Security Registration Plates(Rs.1000 for cars).

The curious thing is that they are fitted without non-reusable snap lock. The reason the shop owner told me that customers don't prefer the snap lock because it remains protruded and looks bland ! So, in reality the plates are normal number plates except the font style.

So now I know what the majority of cars which flaunt the "so called" High Security Registration Plates are really bearing !

So, in India as long as the customers are careless/ignorant no rule will do any good.

I've also heard that there are lots of fake High Security Registration Plates which costs about Rs.600.
There is no original HSRP's introduced yet except i think in West Bengal.

The original description is as follows

(Picture Courtesy rjstyles69 Post #6)

And look for this Self Destructible Sticker on the windsheild

Last edited by wildon : 7th August 2009 at 10:25.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:47   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon
There is no original HSRP's introduced yet except i think in West Bengal.
So what are these guys doing ? >> Clients Testimonials:- Auto Number Plates
Old 7th August 2009, 11:01   #216
BANNED

Goa Government is to implement it next week.

Govt all set to announce implementation of HSRPs in Goa from next week

And the contract has gone to

Shimnit Utsch India Pvt. Ltd. | High Security Registration Plates, HSRP, HSRP India, Utsch AG, Vehicle Security, why hsrp

Last edited by Live To Jive : 7th August 2009 at 11:10.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:06   #217
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
So what are these guys doing ? >> Clients Testimonials:- Auto Number Plates
You have to read this also

Quote:
THE UTSAV SAFETY SYSTEMS (P) LTD. as on date is not engaged in the sale of the High Security Registration Plates (HSRP's) which would be subject to the date of introduction of the policy as per Government of India notification and the express authority given by the respective state governments for the manufacture and sale of the same. Today the number plates, that are sold as Anti-Theft SMART number plates are the superior number plates manufactured with the global technology and UTSAV denies affirmatively the sale of HSRP's in the market. Any body who might claim that the UTSAV manufactured number plates are the HSRP's would do it without the express or implied authority of UTSAV and for any act of this kind, the UTSAV does not take any responsibility.
High Security Registration Plates anti Theft Number Plates Delhi India

Quote:
UTSAV is the first Company in India to get Type Approval from Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) for manufacturing HIGH SECURITY REGISTRATION PLATES (HSRP's).

"HSRP's are mandated by Govt of India to be affixed on all new vehicles from Oct 31st, 2007. All Existing vehicles will have to switch over to HSRP's within 2 years from date of implementation, now the State Governments have to implement this policy in the respective States at the earliest."
Automotive High Security Registration Plates manufacturers India
Old 13th August 2009, 04:02   #218
Team-BHP Support

Can anyone advise where I can get reliable HSRPs in Mumbai - the real deal and not so called fake stuff?
Old 13th August 2009, 09:28   #219
BANNED

WARNING: DO NOT BUY HSRP AT ANY SHOP OR DEALER OR VIA INTERNET
I just checked with the RTO yesterday. The procedure is as follows.
-Go to the RTO with your vehicle documents.
-Pay the fee and collect the receipt.
-Take a date for fitment.
-Go the the Government fitment centre on the mentioned date and time.
-Give one copy of the receipt to them.
-They will make and fit your HSRP.
-Drive your car with the new plates and enjoy.

This is the only way to have legal HSRP. So far only few states have implemented it. If your state has not yet done it, just wait. Do not buy HSRP from anywhere else. They are not legal. UTSAV plates are also not acceptable. Shimnit Utsch India Pvt. Ltd. is the authorised manufacturer for Goa. For your state check with the RTO.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:26   #220
BANNED

Live To Jive : Thanks for the info !

Anyone knows how many states have implemented the HSRP rule other than Goa/WB ?
Old 13th August 2009, 13:48   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
The information you have provided is correct. Thanks for spreading the information. All states will implement it and the procedure will be the same.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:39   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I just checked with the ..
Very true. Exactly this is the case.

But still, I have put up such plates. because I don't know when the government will impose the rules and when will we be able to buy it in Kerala. So, when the time comes we will buy the govt. one. No harm in putting up the ones available now, at least it is very legible, reflective and letter size, font and plate size are as per the RTO standards. So you will not get fined for a numberplate, which is common here.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:42   #223
BANNED

I have a strong feeling that at some point in the bigger cities there will be franchisees.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:50   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
But still, I have put up such plates. because I don't know when the government will impose the rules and when will we be able to buy it in Kerala. So, when the time comes we will buy the govt. one. No harm in putting up the ones available now, at least it is very legible, reflective and letter size, font and plate size are as per the RTO standards. So you will not get fined for a numberplate, which is common here.
True but those who haven't can wait for a few days and put the legal ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have a strong feeling that at some point in the bigger cities there will be franchisees.
Actually the fitment centres are manned by staff from the manufacturers. No cash transactions are done there. Documents are verified at the RTO and payments are made at the RTO cash counter. The plates are stamped and fitted against the RTO receipt only. Goa has a fitment centre for every RTO area.

Last edited by Live To Jive : 13th August 2009 at 14:53.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:26   #225
BHPian

Today i ordered for 2 sets ( one for bike and car ) costing 1300 , near one of the car shops in Mision road . I think they would go to the main dealer and get it done. Not sure !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks