Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 14:15   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
What so special about SMART NUMBER PLATES ?

Would you explain more ?
SMART NUMBER PLATES wont have all these
  1. Chromium base hologram with chakra image.
  2. Self Destructive Sticker with engine no, chasis number, and hologram.
  3. Unique serial no. etched with laser on each HSRP
  4. India Inscripted black hot stamping foil
  5. Non Removable/ Non Reusable Snap Lock.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:49   #272
BHPian

Well if this is the case, where do we get the actual HSNP in India? Utsav provides the number plates with Non Removable/Reusable snap lock, but apart from that they call it just as SMART Plates.

I am still trying to figure out what is smart about these smart plates. One thing is, these smart plates look professional when compared to those cheap plastic fancy plates.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:01   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
If you are particular about getting these plates done, you can call either one of the below mentioned telephone numbers and place the order in chennai.

N K Impex, Old No. 233/234, New No. 198, First floor,
Opp. Muthial Higher Secondary School,
Thambu Chetty Street,
Mannady,
Chennai - 600001.
Ph: 42161274, 42161273, 9710430174

These are not definitely HSRP, i did so about a year and half back and they delivered this at my doorstep. I remember paying about 850/Rs for them. This information is available somewhere earlier in this thread too. Let me know if this helps.
Hi Bala, I too called them up and ordered through Mr.Elangovan. He said he would deliver it by tomorrow afternoon at Home. He also asked me if I wanted the frame, but I wasnt sure about it as it costed 300 bucks more. I said I would confirm this to him by this evening.

Guys, can anyone let me know if this frame is really required for i10. What is the real purpose of the frame?
Old 12th July 2010, 16:19   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Guys, can anyone let me know if this frame is really required for i10. What is the real purpose of the frame?
No.

The frame is not really necessary if you can fix the plate without the screws coming over the letters or the numerals. Still you can get get that frame for any car for a screwless look on the licence plate.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:26   #275
BHPian

Sankar, do you have any pictures on how the plates would look with the frame? any pointers here?
Old 12th July 2010, 23:21   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
SMART NUMBER PLATES wont have all these
Wrong. Smart plates, at least from Utsav have the Chakra hologram, India inscribed black hot stamp foil, and non removable snap lock.
Old 12th July 2010, 23:40   #277
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Jkdas, I agree with Driv3r, here's the one that is adding beauty to my RX that I fixed this morning.
Quote:
I know I've 1 & probably 4 inscribed in blue instead of black. Not sure what is 5; and this is from Utsav.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-i1.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 12th July 2010 at 23:41.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:01   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sankar, do you have any pictures on how the plates would look with the frame? any pointers here?
This is how it looks. The registration plate is snap locked into the frame, which probably is a one time lock and not easily removable. The frame would be attached to the car using scews/bolts. Pics from utsav website.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-p2.jpg
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-p3.jpg
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-p1.jpg
Old 13th July 2010, 08:38   #279
BHPian

Yes, i agree it looks good and neat. I would probably get the snap frame also. Another question is, can these numberplates with snap lock frame be fitted at any workshop or should it need any specilized workshop to be fitted?
Old 13th July 2010, 08:49   #280
Senior - BHPian

I think you can do it yourself if you're the DIY kind, no need to take it to any workshop. Else, any regular garage can do it for you.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:53   #281
BHPian

Thanks mate. I will have it fitted by today on my eye10 . These plates looks smart! the only problem would be when we need to replace the entire front bumper in case of accident *god forbid*. I have one set of plates given by the dealer as spare so it would serve the purpose.

Last edited by MutantX : 13th July 2010 at 08:54.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:25   #282
Senior - BHPian

Good, so how much did you pay for these now? Actually i have this plastic frame fitted only for my front license plate in my swift. I recently had to repaint my front bumper and the MASS has installed this back the same way as before along with the frame. Im not sure how, i never thought about this till now, but i beleive this is very much possible.

Quote:
Thanks mate. I will have it fitted by today on my eye10 . These plates looks smart! the only problem would be when we need to replace the entire front bumper in case of accident *god forbid*. I have one set of plates given by the dealer as spare so it would serve the purpose.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:32   #283
BHPian

Bala, the plates as such costs 850 rs and the plastic snap frame for the front plates is around 300 rs. Total comes to 1150rs which I think is decent for the so called smart plates. I got it from NK Implex (Mr. Elangovan) who would be delivering it by today at Home.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:44   #284
Senior - BHPian

@Sankar & @MutantX - You've to drill a hole with a drill of size minimum 8mm; Utsav also provided a beautiful set of bolt that will have its head chopped off automatically when tightened & hence the fit & finish will be to the perfect when fitted on the vehicle. You can see the finishing on my post above that is being fitted on the motorcycle.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:40   #285
BANNED

Quote:
That's a good point.

What we will do(in the case of accidents) if these number plates gets damaged ? Do we need to replace the entire bumper just to fix the number plate ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks