Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 17:55   #376
J.Ravi

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
It's official. Smart number plates that were being sold by Utsav are now history.
When I bought registration number plates for my Linea in June 2011, I remember Mr Raja Shankar of N K Impex, Bangalore, telling me that they were separated from Utsav and they did not represent Utsav any more. Please check your PM, nishantgandhi. I replied to your PM just a few minutes back giving the details sought.

Old 18th October 2011, 13:47   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's official. Smart number plates that were being sold by Utsav are now history. They have withdrawn their dealerships across India. I guess they are gearing up for HSRP implementation now (supposed to come in force from Dec 2011).
That explains why their website is "under construction" now. What's HSRP though?
Old 18th October 2011, 14:11   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
That explains why their website is "under construction" now. What's HSRP though?
Yes. And I missed the bus by just 2 days! They were accepting orders till end-Sep. I delayed as I was traveling and when I got the chance (Oct 2), I got welcomed by 'Website under construction'.

HSRP = High Security Registration Plates
Old 18th October 2011, 14:28   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. And I missed the bus by just 2 days! They were accepting orders till end-Sep. I delayed as I was traveling and when I got the chance (Oct 2), I got welcomed by 'Website under construction'.

HSRP = High Security Registration Plates
Damn! So now when can we order from them? I can't even find their bill from previous orders to get their number.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:58   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Damn! So now when can we order from them? I can't even find their bill from previous orders to get their number.
You cant order from them anymore. Utsav has shut down smart number plate division. I had a word with their rep Ravi.
Old 16th November 2011, 18:25   #381
BHPian

Hi PPl,

Any idea from where can we get HSRP in bangalore? Any online distributors yet?
Old 16th November 2011, 18:34   #382
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Any idea from where can we get HSRP in bangalore?
Personally go there, wait and get the embossed smart registration number plates done in ten minutes flat. N K Impex is located near Rajeshwari theatre and behind Family Mall off Old HAL Airport Road, Bangalore. They don't send them by courier. They don't represent Utsav.

RAJASHANKAR
N.K.IMPEX
NO.158 (NEW NO.15) MARUTHI NILAYA,
BEHIND MSIL, MES COLONY,
KONENA AGARAHARA, HAL POST,
BANGALORE - 560 017. INDIA
PH : 41258160 / 41258161
FAX: 41258162
MOBILE : 9341230174 / 9845016014

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th November 2011 at 18:44.
  (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 19:02   #383
BHPian

Utsav site is up now and they replied govt notice

"This is to Inform that Ministry of Road Transport & Highways have issued a notification no. S.O. 2091(E) dt 16th Sep 2011. As a law abiding company UTSAV has taken appropriate steps to comply with the said notification. It is informed to General Public thatUTSAV is not selling Smart Plates now . UTSAV has also issued the PUBLIC notice in National Daily News Paper on all India basis for the same."
High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India
Old 4th January 2012, 17:17   #384
BHPian

Though delayed, HSRP is going to be compulsory soon. How is it done in Delhi??? Is it done through agencies which have got RTO approval??? And what about two wheelers???

High security licence plates hit many roadblocks nationwide - The Times of India
Old 12th January 2012, 13:03   #385
BHPian

Hi, I'm looking for High Security Number plates for my car urgently, Any contact number in Chennai? I don't find anything over the web so far. Please help asap.
Old 12th January 2012, 15:15   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Personally go there, wait and get the embossed smart registration number plates done in ten minutes flat. N K Impex is located near Rajeshwari theatre and behind Family Mall off Old HAL Airport Road, Bangalore.
How much do a pair cost? I don't think there is anybody in Hyd selling these and I will get them thru a friend in Blre. Thanks.
Old 12th January 2012, 15:22   #387
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
How much do a pair cost?
A set of two embossed plates costs Rs 850 and a set of two plastic frame costs Rs 500. I paid Rs 1350 for both. For more details, see here.

Old 13th January 2012, 11:25   #388
BHPian

Shimnit Utsch India Pvt. Ltd. | High Security Registration Plates, HSRP, HSRP India, Utsch AG, Vehicle Security, why hsrp

This is what I find now if I search for HSRP. They manufacture HSRP according to Govt of India Spec.

One of my friend ordered a number plate in one of the Sign board shops in Chennai and they have told him that it would take 2 days for the number plate to be back. I did not know that he ordered, when I was speaking with him, he was unaware of the point no 4 and 5 mentioned in the "HSRP specifications" in the above mentioned websites. This might be the case for many, so thought of sharing this information here. Without point 4 and 5, this definitely is not a HSRP. And apart from this he was charged Rs.1250 and when asked for the snap lock he was informed that it would cost Rs.800 more. I am not sure whether this is the actual case for everyone.
Old 28th January 2012, 11:17   #389
Senior - BHPian

High Security Number Plates - Coming soon to Chennai in April

Existing vehicles must comply within two years

Name:  HSRP.jpg
Views: 15296
Size:  80.3 KB

By April, new vehicles hitting the city roads will come with high security registration plates (HSRP). The existing vehicles would also have to comply within two years.

A senior Transport Department official said that a schedule is being drawn and each vehicle owner would be given a specific date to visit their respective Regional Transport Office (RTO) for replacing the existing number plates with the HSRP.

The move to introduce the high security registration plates has been under review since 1989. After the Supreme Court criticised the State governments in September last year for the repeated delays in implementation, most of the States floated tenders for the project. The Supreme Court on Friday set a deadline of March 31.

In Tamil Nadu, five entities have prequalified, based on a set of technical criteria, and the financial bids were opened last week. The Transport Department official said that an evaluation is being carried out and the company that will implement the project will be announced shortly.

Based on the experience of other cities, the new embossed high-security plates are expected to be available for around Rs.300, which would have to be paid at the time of registration.

While the scheme would be implemented throughout the State, a pilot implementation would happen in a few RTOs in Chennai first. Eventually embossing/fixing stations would come up within the premises of all the RTOs and unit offices in the State.

The official said that the number plates would have features such as a laser hologram and a non-removable/non-reusable snap lock to prevent counterfeiting and duplication.

Any attempt to remove or replace the number plate will damage the snap lock making it impossible to install any other number plate in the vehicle.

All plates would also have a unique identification number and can be tracked all across India, the official added. It would also eliminate the problem of fancy number plates.

Source - The Hindu : Cities / Chennai : High security registration plates for new vehicles by April: official
rameshnanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 17:15   #390
BHPian

More from CELEX industries which is one of the qualified bidders to produce the HSRP: Welcome to Celex Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | High Security Registration Plates | High Security Number Plate

They also have an application form in there, thought I couldn't find any info on how to use it. They have mentioned us to contact the nearest RTO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks