Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 12:09   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I went through the HSRP article and could not understand. Today also there is a news that Supreme court did not extend the date of implementing this.
I would also like to know what's the point behind this.
There is a date by which we have have these HSRP installed (they are not bolted with the required bolts at least not on my car) and the Govt is saying one thing today and another tomorrow. the Supreme Court is standing by its order. The whole sound of this is very scam-ish. what is the real deal.

PS. my car has the rear plate fitted with the HSRP and the front is custom (coz the front plate looked as big as my bumper) lol. they said they make only standard sizes.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:34   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
The plates are provided with snap lock fasteners, which makes it impossible to remove the plates once mounted. But not everyone wants to use the provided fasteners
I still think they are not theft-proof. They are just theft-resistant. If one wants to remove those number plates, it wouldn't require too much of an effort to do that. But, how does it help in securing the car ? And above all, I have not heard of someone stealing number plates from a vehicle.

Last edited by rr_zen : 16th December 2009 at 12:38.
Old 21st December 2009, 21:39   #243
BHPian

High Security Number Plates are issued only through RTOs.

posters.pdf

Check the attachment issued by RTO. PFA

Note from Team BHP Support
Please search before creating a new thread.
Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 21st December 2009 at 21:49.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:09   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
Attachment 249277

They wont sell and now they want us to take our's off
Old 6th January 2010, 17:33   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
Attachment 249277

Note from Team BHP Support
Please search before creating a new thread.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
They wont sell and now they want us to take our's off

For sake of people with slow net connection.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-1.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-2.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-3.jpg  

Old 9th January 2010, 18:26   #246
BHPian

The high security number plates are yet to be made mandatory. I was expecting these plates on the new Scorpio I purchased in the beginning of this month. But no luck, it has the usual stickered plates that is provided by the dealer. Once it has been made mandatory, Getting the new plates fixed should be the obligation of the dealer (along with the registration of the car).
If only Government agencies are responsible for the distribution of these plates, then how is the hologram that these private dealers use explained?
Old 9th January 2010, 19:20   #247
Cog

Only the RTO is authorized to issue a HSRP. Apparently the set would consist of 2 number plates and one sticker for the windshield that mentions the engine and chassis number of the vehicle in addition to the Registration number. The screws are snap locks and cannot be re-used. The sticker for the windshield is also not reusable. So all you people who are paying premium prices for HSRPs, please check with your local RTO if it is genuine.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:48   #248
BHPian

HSRP Status

After having gone thru the thread (open since 2007)... just thought would share the current status.

The Implementation of the HSRP (High Security Registration Plates) has been pending since it was first proposed in 2002 by the Central govt.

The latest development was in 2009 wherein the Hon. Supreme Court passed an order on May 30th that all the states have to "initiate" the process to identify 'qualified' parties for 'manufacturing', 'installation' & 'replacement' of HSRP within 90 days (i.e. by 31st Aug 2009)!

Currently only the states of Goa & 2 North Eastern states have implemented the HSRP rule

The procedure for HSRP as specified by SC (Supreme Court) guidelines is as follows :
  1. Each state will appoint only one Vendor for the HSRP project
  2. The Vendor will be responsible for Manufacturing, distribution & fixing of the plates on the vehicles including replacements at later date
  3. All HSRP will only be affixed within the RTO premises
  4. All new vehicles registered after an "Implementation date" will automatically be issued a HSRP set along with the RC book by the RTOs. The owners will have to pay for the HSRP along with the other payables like Tax, registration charges etc. to the RTO
  5. All existing vehicles registered before the implementation date will have to follow the attached process (Please refer attachment)
  6. Existing vehicles will get around 2 years from the implementation date to convert to HSRP
  7. No affixation of HSRP will be allowed outside the RTO premises
  8. Even requests for replacements have to be applied thru the RTO with the 'Owner's signature' on the form
  9. The HSRP set will include (for Cars & other 4 wheelers) Front & Rear number plates and also a 'Chromium based tamper proof sticker' that will be stuck on the windscreen. This sticker if tried to remove gets damaged permanently
  10. The concept here is because only the 'legal' owner of the car can request for a replacement or new set of HSRP, instances of vehicle thefts will be reduced. All applications invariable have to be validated by the RTOs against their records and approved
  11. Validation of "owner records" is now possible as most states are now on the "Vahan & Sarthi" automated module of Vehicle & driving license records
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HSRP.pdf (103.6 KB, 2515 views)
Old 15th January 2010, 19:50   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Embossed high-security plates in Bangalore cost Rs 800 for the set. They come in one standard size only for all cars.
800 in Bangy? So why is it Rs.1500/- here in Goa? I smelt scam ever since we were asked to change the colour of our plates from Black to white!
Old 20th January 2010, 13:13   #250
BHPian

I wanted to buy a security number plate for my car, so i went through this site - Shimnit Utsch

I called them regarding the costing and delivery. But they refused to give me the security number plates, saying that cannot be used now, since they are not approved by the government yet.

Now i am completely clueless. They are advertising themselves and then refusing to make the security number plates!
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:31   #251
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
I wanted to buy a security number plate for my car, so i went through this site - Shimnit Utsch

I called them regarding the costing and delivery. But they refused to give me the security number plates, saying that cannot be used now, since they are not approved by the government yet.

Now i am completely clueless. They are advertising themselves and then refusing to make the security number plates!
Yeah, they are right. Unless the local Govt.. passes the order !

In India, only few states have made this mandatory !
Old 25th January 2010, 12:39   #252
BHPian

Can I know where I can get the secured Number plates made in Mumbai
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:45   #253
BHPian

Is there a good source of embossed number plate like the HSRP (but not HSRP) in the Indiranagar or surrounding area? I'd like to replace the plates on my bug and want well done ones not stickered.
Thx!
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:57   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
Is there a good source of embossed number plate like the HSRP (but not HSRP) in the Indiranagar or surrounding area? I'd like to replace the plates on my bug and want well done ones not stickered.
Thx!
I think there is one on HAL Airport Road.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post421674
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:04   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I think there is one on HAL Airport Road.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post421674
My friend based in Banglore had called up Mr. Rajashanker to enquire about the HSRP, but he said they dont sell them and instead he told that they sell the Smart plates(Utsav one's i suppose)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks