Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2024, 11:05   #1351
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Just read this news https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le67829606.ece

Pardon my ignorance - is there some rule impacting existing car owners on HSRP number plate installation ? I was under the impression, that no changes are to be made by existing car owners. Is this something which has different rules across states, if so whats the rule for Maharashtra.

If all old car owners have to upgrade to HSRP, whats the procedure, any pointers for Pune, PCMC registration?
Old 13th February 2024, 18:45   #1352
BANNED

Hi All,

Does anyone know the process of getting new HSRP plates in Telangana/Hyderabad. https://www.hsrpts.com/ seem to be non-functioning.

My car already had a HSRP number plate however, the front one got damaged and I am looking for new ones now. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th February 2024, 17:21   #1353
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello, BHPians!

Is anyone in the know of how to get HSRP in Kerala? I have a 2014 TVS Scooty whose rear registration plate has started rusting and it is of the sticker type, not even the IND series (embossed) type with hologram.

At present, only the IND registration plates and HSRP are legally permissible in Kerala, but thousands run with the sticker type as well, which could attract fines.

As far as most dealerships are concerned, they aren't willing to take the hassle of obtaining an HSRP for an old vehicle, they say wait till some agency comes up in Kerala to deal with HSRP distribution.

So I wanted to know if is there any other way to get HSRP for old vehicles in Kerala, and if there is, what is the procedure? Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks In advance
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 20:00   #1354
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Hi All,

Does anyone know the process of getting new HSRP plates in Telangana/Hyderabad. https://www.hsrpts.com/ seem to be non-functioning.
I got my HSRP plates reissued. Below was the process I followed.
  • Yesterday, went to my nearest Tata motors dealer (SELECT) enroute to my home. I usually get my car serviced with them.
  • Told them that my wind shield was replaced and front number plates were slightly damaged. And I needed a replacement.
  • First they said, that it's government issued and is done only for new vehicle and I have to get it done outside now.
  • I said these are high security plates. It has to be done via dealer itself. Please check the process again.
  • Within 2 minutes they confirmed that they can get it done. They collected my RC and asked me to wait.
  • After 10 minutes they told the charges would be 461 rupees (for the pair of plates + sticker). I paid then and there.
  • I was asked for wait for 5 minutes more so that they can place order.
  • After 40 minutes of waiting, they confirmed that order is placed. And the plates would arrive in one or two days.
  • Today afternoon, they called that the plates have arrived and I can get them fitted.
  • Went to showroom and got the number plates fitted in less than 15 minutes.

Last edited by ottocycle : 21st February 2024 at 20:08.
Old 21st February 2024, 20:36   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Hello, BHPians!

Is anyone in the know of how to get HSRP

So I wanted to know if is there any other way to get HSRP for old vehicles in Kerala, and if there is, what is the procedure? Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks In advance
I had the same problem with my 2015 TVS Jupiter, no dealer was helping.

I went to SIAM website registered and paid, a man came home and installed in 15 days, it's easy, try it.
Old 21st February 2024, 20:39   #1356
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
I had the same problem with my 2015 TVS Jupiter, no dealer was helping.

I went to SIAM website registered and paid, a man came home and installed in 15 days, it's easy, try it.
I checked the SIAM site earlier and just now, but it doesn't have Kerala as an option.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 20:45   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I checked the SIAM site earlier and just now, but it doesn't have Kerala as an option.
Really surprising, the only option left is to get it done locally, they charge double, but doable.

The shops around RTO are the best bet.
Old 29th February 2024, 13:19   #1358
BHPian

My XUV 700 windshield was cracked and is being replaced under insurance at the ASC. Have applied for a replacement Fastag, but what about the RTO sticker that was pasted on the windshield? Any idea about how we can get a new sticker? Maharashtra still hasn't appointed any dealer for HSRP plates and these stickers, so not able to order online or via RTO. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12th March 2024, 02:28   #1359
BHPian

I am in the same boat. My windshield was damaged and replaced. Did not think about the sticker. Now 'Book My HSRP' does not recognize my laser codes while 'make my hsrp' doesn't find my plates in Vahaan database. Plates were installed at the dealership prior to delivery.
Old 20th March 2024, 18:35   #1360
BHPian

I booked my HSRP through https://bookmyhsrp.com/.

The process was fairly simple. Enter the required details like registration number, Chassis Number and Engine Number. They had an option for home delivery and fitment. I opted for that and paid extra for frame. The cost of HSR plate was ₹600, ₹50 convenience fee, home delivery ₹300, ₹225 for frame + taxes. The total came out to be ₹1328.5.

The person WhatsApp-ed me a day before asking for availability of car and location. Came an hour early. The plates came pre-fitted in the frame. He used the old plate hole, and drilled holes on to the new HSRP keeping those as reference. Fitted the plates, sticker within 7-10 minutes and carried on to his next appointment. It was a no non sense experience for me and went on smooth.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp-front.jpg
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp-rear.jpg
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp-windshield.jpg
mm_shen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 06:20   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltinsane View Post
I am in the same boat. My windshield was damaged and replaced. Did not think about the sticker. Now 'Book My HSRP' does not recognize my laser codes while 'make my hsrp' doesn't find my plates in Vahaan database. Plates were installed at the dealership prior to delivery.
I got my TLP (Windshield Sticker) yesterday. I emailed MakeMyHSRP@celex.co.in regarding my issue, they asked for my Vehicle registration number and provided me with a link to order HSRP plates, it was wrong link, but now I was able to order sticker from their website. I selected the dealership I bought my vehicle from and set appointment for 10 days later. Day before appointment I called the dealership, and they didn't receive the sticker yet. After coordinating with my guy at the dealership, sticker was tracked 4 days later, and I got it.
Old 29th March 2024, 14:47   #1362
BHPian

Quick Update. Got my two wheeler, Honda Unicorn HSRP plate fitted. Had to do it through FTA(orderyourhsrp.com). Could not order home delivery and had to go in person.

Same procedure. Enter registration, chassis and engine number. Select your nearest fitment center and book a slot on a given date.

My nearest would be Plant Honda on Dr. Rajkumar Road, Rajajinagar. But unfortunately the dates were in May. Did not want to wait too long. Searched for other centers. A center call "HSRP Fitment center, Sheshadipuram" was available on April 28, 2024. Got it fixed there. An automobile spare part shop called Balaji Automobiles has taken up this work.

I am glad I booked this center. My wife had been to Planet Honda in the month of Feb. The process was haphazard. She had to wait 45 minutes and push through the crowd of people to get her HSRP fixed. Only two people were assigned for so many vehicles.

Whereas the place where I had been was very systematic. There were atleast 6-8 people with power tools. They asked us to park in front of the shop. As soon as the parking filled, they put a barricade and asked the people behind to park behind the barricade. I was asked to get my old plate removed. They compared my old plate and my HSRP receipt. Gave me the plates. Suggested to get a plate holder installed. Took ₹100 extra, which I did not mind. A person was ready to drill the plates. Drilled it, put on the holder and asked me to keep the plates on the bike seat. Two people (one at the front of the bike and other at the back) put rivets and hung the plates in place. Two more people behind, rivetted the plates in place. Job done within 5-10 minutes. Took picture of the plates. Asked us to move. The next lot continued with the same practice.

Easy, efficient and clean. I am happy.
mm_shen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:03   #1363

I was told that post installation of the HSRP plates, details will be uploaded to vahan portal. How to verify this part? When I logged in to Parivahan site or app, I did not see any details related to HSRP there.

The below is a snippet from celex HSRP vendor website, which clearly says the unique code will be mapped to govt. database. How as a customer can we verify this for our vehicles?

Quote:
Laser etched Identification Code
This is engraved on the left hand side just below the words IND with laser. This is a sequential identification of individual license plates across the country. It is laser engraved below the top surface of the reflective sheet and hence cannot be erased. This number is attached to the existing data of a particular vehicle in the Govt’s Database. This number also helps in verifying the genuineness of the plate.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd April 2024 at 10:44. Reason: Formatting.
Old 3rd April 2024, 10:35   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cit_blr View Post
I was told that post installation of the HSRP plates, details will be uploaded to vahan portal. How to verify this part? When I logged in to Parivahan site or app, I did not see any details related to HSRP there.
You can try downloading your vehicle's RC from the website, it would show the laser code of HSRP plates. Doesn't show up on m-parivahan app.
It might not work in your state, works in WB.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd April 2024 at 10:45. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:25   #1365

I also tried but am not able to see HSRP Id Code under RC details on Parivahan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks