Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2023, 18:07   #1276
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Tried booking for my Nissan Terrano and got the below message:
Did you get to the page to select a Nissan dealer in KA? If you didn't get to that stage in the booking process, apologies for hijacking your question.

When I tried the website yesterday, the only options I got to choose an appointment from were Nissan dealers in Hubli and Bellary. Don't understand why no Bangalore Nissan dealer was in the list. Guess I'll wait a few days and then try it again.

Cheers!
Old 24th August 2023, 08:56   #1277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Are there any rules about the dimensions of the HSRP plate?..
HSRP dimensions according to rule 50 of Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989:

For Light Motor Vehicles/Passenger cars: 340x200mm/500x 120 mm
Old 24th August 2023, 11:08   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Front bumper on some cars like BMW F10 5 series is curved and has no number plate holder or holes to fix one. How does one go about fixing HSRP on such cars? I have been using a sticker on it for the last 10+ years :-)
You can look into Tow Hook Number Plate Mounts available in the market.
Basically as the name suggests, they go into the tow hook provision thru the bumper. Bimmerworld has them for $50 or so.
Old 24th August 2023, 12:10   #1279

Hello all,
If anyone has any information regarding HSRP plates for army-auctioned vehicles (eg: ex-army Gypsy) kindly help.

So in the RTO records and as mentioned in RC card of ex-army vehicle, the manufacturing year (2008) and the registration year is different (2021) since they are registered as new vehicle (restored) after taking in life time road tax. I have seen this in all army auctioned vehicle RCs

So the problem here is : according to the rule now all vehicles registered prior to April 2019 can avail HSRP via the online portals (like bookmyhsrp.com) .

But after filling all the details, the portal is giving the message as " for vehicle 'registered' after April 2019, contact your authorised dealer for HSRP" . It is not considereding manufacturing date as such. :(

Currently the vehicle has IND plates which was affixed by previous owner while getting the vehicle registered in 2021 in KA01 RTO and at present would need to abide by new HSRP rule.

If anyone has any information about how to get the HSRP plates in such case please help.

Are there any local vendors in Bangalore who issue HSRP and update the same in vahan records?

Kindly help 🙏
Old 25th August 2023, 18:22   #1280
BHPian

Hi All,
My car number plate which I bought last year, is fixed via rivets. Now it got bent heavily at the sides. I guess cows played with it while parked..
Should I remove the rivets to fix the bend? I am fearing of number plate will get damaged in that process. Any solution? Is putting frame after removing the number plate if at all it is possible, makes any sense?
Old 25th August 2023, 19:13   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany0023 View Post
Hi All,
My car number plate which I bought last year, is fixed via rivets. Now it got bent heavily at the sides. I guess cows played with it while parked..
Should I remove the rivets to fix the bend? I am fearing of number plate will get damaged in that process. Any solution? Is putting frame after removing the number plate if at all it is possible, makes any sense?
Removing rivet is highly likely to damage the plates as well as the car mount area. I'd suggest to consult a number plate shop if they can remove the bend without removing rivets. Remove the rivets only if nothing else works. Then you can put frame as well which would prevent bends in future.
Old 31st August 2023, 18:46   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Compulsory HSRP soon in Maharashtra for pre August 2019 motor vehicles!

Maharashtra Motor Vehicles Department has invited bids vide this news link below as on 30.08.2023 for high security registration plates (HSRP) from bidders for all motor vehicles registered before April 2019. To curb theft and bring uniformity in vehicle identity marks, the Centre made HSRP mandatory for every new vehicle registered in the county from April 1, 2019, putting the onus on manufacturers for installation of these number plates on new vehicles before handing them over to customers. After the bidding process is over, the gestation period allocated is one year for all such retro-fitments.

Sandesh Chavan, deputy regional transport officer holds the additional charge as joint transport commissioner (computers), said bids have been invited for “manufacturing, supply and fitment” of HSRP on vehicles registered in Maharashtra before April 2019 on a “build-own-operate” basis.
These tamper-proof number plates were not mandatory for vehicles registered in Maharashtra before April 2019.

Transport department officials said the state has nearly 4 crore vehicles and 1.25 crore vehicles are expected to be fitted with HSRP within a year once the successful bidder is awarded the work. Customers will have to bear the cost of HSRP, they said.

The newslink (unedited PTI news appearing on The Week website)

https://www.theweek.in/wire-updates/...-hsrp-bid.html

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 31st August 2023 at 18:49.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 11:34   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
I just checked on Bookmyhsrp and could easily schedule an appointment with nearby Hyundai showroom in Bangalore. Not sure why some of you aren't able to do that. At least for Hyundai, I could see multiple options like Advaith Hyundai and Pawan Hyundai across the city.
Finally got my number plates changed at Pavan Hyundai, Bangalore. I called up the person mentioned in the registration receipt yesterday and he confirmed my HSR plates have arrived. Even though the slot mentioned for me was 12PM-2PM, he asked me to come by 10am and the whole process was a breeze.

Very professionally handled by the folks at Pavan Hyundai. Considering my car is pretty old (i20 Asta, 2009), they smartly asked if I want to get the car evaluated and if I'm looking to exchange

I said yes, and evaluation took roughly 15-20 mins. All in all, pretty smooth experience.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 15:14   #1284
BHPian

Got the HSRP installed in my 2018 Verna today in Bangalore. I booked it via Boomyhsrp.com. To my surprise, the plates got shipped in a day and delivered in 2 days from the date of order. I ordered in on 22nd August and the plates got delivered on 24th August. My appointment was on 1st Sept 10 - 12 with Trident. I went there around 10:15 the plates were ready. I had a little confusion with the frame, as in BookMyHsrp mentioned while booking that they ship the plates along with the frame. When enquired with Trident they told they received only the plates. I tried calling the bookmyhsrp after a long struggle someone picked up and told they will call me back after checking with their manager and I am still waiting for the call

I went ahead and got the frame from Trident as an accessory. Frame was good with Hyundai name on it and it goes well with the IND plates too.

Plates along with the stickers costed me INR 770 and 450 extra for frame.

The plates are with decent quality but definitely will bend even with smallest impact. So I felt the frame will be good to protect the plates. It also elevates the look.

Mine is 2017 manufactured Diesel and the sticker is with Orange and Green Colour on top. Just that at a distance it looks like a BJP party vehicle

Apart from the confusion of the frame from BookMyHSRP took sometime, other ways the guys have installed it neatly. When I was there, I saw at least 10 of the getting the plates changed to IND might be closer to the deadlines, wait time might gradually increase.

Last edited by hardilip : 1st September 2023 at 15:16. Reason: Added additional information.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 10:36   #1285
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know how to order a new HSRP and color sticker for Renault cars which are registered before August 2019? Karnataka government has imposed law stating all cars before 1st August 2019 should have HSRP number plates by Nov 1st Week. This is a mandatory rule and lead to penalties if not done by Nov.

I tried booking HSRP via SIAM website where they redirected me to BookMyHSRP website, BookMyHSRP website threw an error popup saying they are not the authorized vendors for Renault.

I searched through internet and found that there is another website called MakeMyHSRP which is also authorized HSRP vendor but when I tried to place an order, they too mentioned that they are not the authorized vendors for R.N.A.I.P.LTD (Renault Nissan Alliance India Private Limited)

Has anyone been successful in placing an HSRP order for their Renault vehicles?
Old 6th September 2023, 18:02   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyWanderer View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how to order a new HSRP and color sticker for Renault cars which are registered before August 2019? Karnataka government has imposed law stating all cars before 1st August 2019 should have HSRP number plates by Nov 1st Week. This is a mandatory rule and lead to penalties if not done by Nov.

Has anyone been successful in placing an HSRP order for their Renault vehicles?
Try placing your order from ordermyhsrp and see if it works. They charged additional Rs 59 but we got ours quickly.
Total amount paid was Rs 826 which included Rs 59 convenience charge.
Link:
https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/oem_details_old.php

My Father got the HSRP installed on our old 2006 Toyota Corolla today, we had called the number shared after booking from order your HSRP. They confirmed number plates would arrive by 12 PM Today. My father drove and got them changed at Nandi Toyota, he said there were not too many cars coming in for changing the plates, so it did not take much time and its done. Now waiting for Friday as i would be going to get the same changed for my Nissan Terrano too.

Last edited by Dushie : 6th September 2023 at 18:07.
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 12:03   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Just placed order for my Punto at MakeMyHSRP after being redirected from SIAM site on selecting FCA as manufacturer, as BookMyHSRP mentioned they were not the authorized dealers for the make of my vehicle (probably this is the case for all vehicles which are not being sold actively today).

Once I entered details including engine and chassis, it showed list of FCA dealers in Bengaluru with earliest available slot with each. I selected KHT Prime since it is nearest to my house.

Paid Rs. 816 including taxes. The downloaded receipt contains some tokens/ code foils that apparently need to be handed over to the affixing dealer. It also mentions the dealer and appointment slot.

Lets see how it goes.
After reading your thread, I am placing the order for my FIGO. Not sure if they cater to FORD brand. Did you get your plates fitted?
Old 7th September 2023, 14:20   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Not sure if they cater to FORD brand. Did you get your plates fitted?
Yes I had the plates affixed last week at FIAT dealer. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5614232

You can check that thread for Ford updates too.
Old 8th September 2023, 13:10   #1289
BHPian

Karnataka has made HSRP plates mandatory for cars registered before 2019. But when trying to register on siam website, chevrolet does not have any OEM or customer care information linked to it. How can chevrolet owners apply for HSRP plates?
Old 8th September 2023, 13:15   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Yes I had the plates affixed last week at FIAT dealer. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5614232

You can check that thread for Ford updates too.
I get this message - "The Manufacturer cannot be found in our database, Please call 033-68281111 or write to us at MakeMyHSRP@celex.co.in for assistance." Looks like ford is not available in their list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks