Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2023, 07:46   #1246
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Here we go again.
Todays TOI Blr.
I think this time its ‘all reals’
Now I need to find an HSRP maker and get new plates for my 2012 and 2014 registered cars.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_4664.jpeg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_4665.jpeg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_4666.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 07:56   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree, let them make it mandatory and be done with it. Too much hullaballoo over such minor stuff! Will remove all the illegible number-plates which are so common nowadays.

Another upside is that this one-off exercise will also allow the RTO to collect on unpaid fines / dues etc.

Link for easier reading: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../102921558.cms

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd August 2023 at 07:59.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:25   #1248
BHPian

Guys, along with the HSRP they also send us a sticker which says need to be sticked inside the windshield. Is it mandatory? I recently lost it after a deep clean and now wondering where to get the sticker alone. Or do I need to place the order for a new HSRP to get the sticker and plate again?
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:45   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Now I need to find an HSRP maker and get new plates for my 2012 and 2014 registered cars.
I have my 2010 FIGO, 2008 DIO and 1996 RX100 as candidates for the HSRP plates. I think my recent last year purchase of Access 125 already has the HSRP plate. Let me double click.
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:45   #1250
BHPian

Guys,

https://bookmyhsrp.com is the authorised website to order the HSRP plates and stickers?

Also, can we get the HSRP and stickers delivered to home address and we can walk in to the ASS to get it fixed? I have an Advaith near to me but that's not been show in the fitment location.

Can I get it home delivered and get it fixed at the nearest ASS?

Last edited by hardilip : 22nd August 2023 at 09:57. Reason: Added additional questions
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:12   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Guys,

https://bookmyhsrp.com is the authorised website to order the HSRP plates and stickers?

Also, can we get the HSRP and stickers delivered to home address and we can walk in to the ASS to get it fixed? I have an Advaith near to me but that's not been show in the fitment location.

Can I get it home delivered and get it fixed at the nearest ASS?
Where are you able to see the Dealer list? In my case I do not see any. After I enter the City, the dealer list is blank and does not go forward. However, when I select other states I see some Ford dealers listed. None though for Karnataka.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 22nd August 2023 at 10:40.
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:48   #1252

When I checked for my Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in Karnataka registration , the "https://bookmyhsrp.com/" site gave pop up that they are not able to provide for this vehicle and a message to connect to siam.in to get the hsrp. But when i connect to siam, it is not having any option for the state of karnataka.

Any local vendors in Karnataka who can provide HSRP for old cars ?
cit_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:57   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Where are you able to see the Dealer list? In my case I do not see any. After I enter the City, the dealer list is blank and does not go forward. However, when I select other states I see some Ford dealers listed. None though for Karnataka.
After I give my personal details, I am shown option as "home delivery" or "Fitment Centre". When I select fitment centre I am shown list of the Hyundai showroom across Karnataka along with the slot availability and price.
Old 22nd August 2023, 11:20   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
After I give my personal details, I am shown option as "home delivery" or "Fitment Centre". When I select fitment centre I am shown list of the Hyundai showroom across Karnataka along with the slot availability and price.
That seems to be not an option for Ford as no Ford dealers are listed. Looks like Mitsubishi Pajero has the same issue as mentioned by another BHPian.

I am wondering if I should select a dealer in Delhi and get it couriered by any of the Endeavour group members. Or perhaps wait a while to see if some options are created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Guys, along with the HSRP they also send us a sticker which says need to be sticked inside the windshield. Is it mandatory? I recently lost it after a deep clean and now wondering where to get the sticker alone. Or do I need to place the order for a new HSRP to get the sticker and plate again?
On the HSRP website (bookmyhsrp.com) there is an option to buy only the sticker by providing Laser codes of front and back plates. Try that.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd August 2023 at 13:33. Reason: Merged
Old 22nd August 2023, 12:18   #1255
BHPian

Quite appalling that Maharashtra still has no selected vendor for HSRP plates. This plan has been in limbo since eternity now.

Anyway, even the new HSRP number plates that are affixed to new vehicles are of shoddy quality and are fading/bending within a few months.
IamNikhil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 12:36   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cit_blr View Post
When I checked for my Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in Karnataka registration , the "https://bookmyhsrp.com/" site gave pop up that they are not able to provide for this vehicle and a message to connect to siam.in to get the hsrp. But when i connect to siam, it is not having any option for the state of karnataka.

Any local vendors in Karnataka who can provide HSRP for old cars ?
Same when I tried for my Chevy Beat, says not available for this manufacturer.
A Google search shows book-my-hsrp as the vendor in KA.
The SIAM HSRP page firstly does not list KA in its dropdown, secondly for other States listed in its dropdown it provides book-my-hsrp as the vendor for Chevy.
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:21   #1257
BHPian

I just checked on Bookmyhsrp and could easily schedule an appointment with nearby Hyundai showroom in Bangalore. Not sure why some of you aren't able to do that. At least for Hyundai, I could see multiple options like Advaith Hyundai and Pawan Hyundai across the city.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 14:26   #1258
BHPian

I was able to use bookmyhsrp and schedule an appointment for my XUV500 in Bangalore as well. Home delivery option is not available and we need to mandatorily choose the dealer fitment option.
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:02   #1259
BHPian

Today morning, I tried to book a slot on bookmyhsrp.com for my 2017 TATA Nexon but it did not go through and was redirected to SIAM site which at present has no options for Karnataka.

On top of this issue, I have a Vespa registered in April, 2017 which does not have HSRP and the guidelines are not clear regarding HSRP applicability for vehicles registered post April ,2019.

I feel this scheme needed a lot more ground work , taking into account feedbacks from other states where implementation is underway and expect a couple of deadline extensions going forward.
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:26   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Here we go again.
Todays TOI Blr.
I think this time its ‘all reals’
I think this news of HSRP compulsory in Karnataka for pre 2019 vehicles is published only by Times of India & TimesNow. There is no news of this in Deccan Herald and The Hindu newspapers which I read it today morning.

Usually there should be a State Government or State RTO order for this kind of implementation.

3 months of time for all the 2 & 4 wheeler to change to HSRP is very short. It will require at least 6 months for all the vehicles to have the HSRP as the agency / company making these plates will not be able to handle the order quantity.
bobbyblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks