Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2022, 20:17   #1141
kdp
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India,

I went through a few hoops myself.

For my Thane registered BMW X3, I spoke to the selling dealer assuming that since they had done the original registration, they would easily be able help. I got the telephonic equivalent of blank stares and the “not mandatory in Mh” spiel. The concept of inter state driving seemed alien, “why would anyone want to drive a car outside Mh. I mean do they even have roads there?” However, the other dealer (whose conveniently located thane workshop has provided excellent support) was very helpful, took the details and the plates were with me and on my car in less than 7 days.

So when the time came to drive my brezza to NCR, I spoke to the Maruti division of that dealer hoping for a similar quick turnaround. But no, same party line as before. How could one division of the same company be able to procure Effortlessly while the other much
larger division come up blank?

Apparently it’s a vendor thing, and the big kahuna vendors have not got the software enabled for pre 2019 registration. (A bit like Y2K bug). But some smaller vendors do have it.

What I understand is that once the RTO has the registration activated and it’s shared with the MoRTH databases, the vendors can get access from there. Anyway long story short,I found an online vendor who could help. The plates quality, sticker etc for the brezza are identical for to the ones that I got from the RTO in thane for my bmw. I got the plates fitted at selling dealer, drove the car to NCR and all is well so far.

This is the link I used they are pretty efficient even though the courier partner is not the worlds best.

As a postscript: Today I got a call from the thane Maruti dealer, with whom I had foolishly shared this URL as ‘pay it forward’ gesture. He wanted a close up of my laser etched code. Apparently rather than using this info to help other customers, he took it to the Maruti Hsrp vendor. And Maruti vendors are monopolistic with ‘dog in the manger’ attitudes, neither will they help, nor will they let others help. So seem keen on shutting it down.

If you have read so far into this thread, you must be fairly desperate for a solution. I can confirm that this works for a host of states (Mh definitely) as of a week ago.

Maybe you can ping on the thread if it works for you. All the best!

Last edited by kdp : 28th March 2022 at 20:22. Reason: Solecisms
kdp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 16:31   #1142
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
So when the time came to drive my brezza to NCR, I spoke to the Maruti division of that dealer hoping for a similar quick turnaround. But no, same party line as before. How could one division of the same company be able to procure Effortlessly while the other much
larger division come up blank?

Apparently it’s a vendor thing, and the big kahuna vendors have not got the software enabled for pre 2019 registration. (A bit like Y2K bug). But some smaller vendors do have it.

What I understand is that once the RTO has the registration activated and it’s shared with the MoRTH databases, the vendors can get access from there. Anyway long story short,I found an online vendor who could help. The plates quality, sticker etc for the brezza are identical for to the ones that I got from the RTO in thane for my bmw. I got the plates fitted at selling dealer, drove the car to NCR and all is well so far.
Thank you for the detailed post and the link.

So after my predicament, I ended up writing to all possible email ids of Haryana Police as well as Maharashtra police. The Haryana police was prompt in its reply and connected me to Govt mandated vendors of HSRP in Delhi NCR. However, sadly they are not able to make plates for MH registrations.

I am yet to receive any reply from Maharashtra police. Do not think they give two hoots.

As i needed the HSRPs for my Volkswagen Polo and Kawasaki Ninja, i got in touch with the nearby showrooms/ service centres which I have been visiting and they their approach took me aback.

So for my Ninja, I contacted Anzen Kawasaki in Jogeshwari. They were very prompt in helping and got me HSRP plates done in two days. Also couriered it to my place at no extra cost. So hats off to Anzen for their customer approach.

For my Polo, I'm in touch with Downtown Volkswagen in Prabhadevi and they said they shall get it done in a week and post it to my place. So hoping they keep their word.

I haven't taken my vehicles around town much considering how Delhi NCR cops have been wanting to milk off any discrepancies in your vehicles lately.

Paying Rs 500 each time I am stopped for these plates is exorbitant

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd April 2022 at 16:55. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
seedyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 13:53   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
I
This is the link I used they are pretty efficient even though the courier partner is not the worlds best.
Thank you for this.
I’ve been looking for some solutions to get HSRP for my Maharashtra registered car (currently in my hometown in UP) but couldn’t find any. I’ll try with the above link and see if it can be delivered in UP.

Just a question if you don’t mind - how much time it took for you to receive number plate after placing order ?

Thanks.
UP!!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 11:34   #1144
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP!!!! View Post
Thank you for this.
I’ve been looking for some solutions to get HSRP for my Maharashtra registered car (currently in my hometown in UP) but couldn’t find any. I’ll try with the above link and see if it can be delivered in UP.

Just a question if you don’t mind - how much time it took for you to receive number plate after placing order ?

Thanks.
After placing the order i called them on the next working day to express urgency. They had it ready for dispatch in 2 days. the courier took a bit long (around 5 days) So 7days or so. They quote a 15 day cycle time.

You will need to go to a dealer to get it done, probably. In Mumbai I had a problem finding a pvt numberplate vendor with a rivetting tool.

All the best.
kdp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 14:08   #1145
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Anyone from Kerala knows if cops stop anyone without a HSRP Color coded sticker on the front windshield? Mine is a 6 months old car and it had the sticker affixed during delivery, but on a fine day I got the weird idea to remove it, and now worried. I removed it mainly because it was fixed not on the corner, instead straight to the co-passenger seat. How can I get a duplicate sticker in Kerala?
Old 18th April 2022, 20:13   #1146
BHPian

Finally got the HSRP plates from Maharashtra.

Volkswagen Downtown, Prabhadevi was extremely useless and extended no support whatsoever. Had to make 20 calls to even get a response.

Called Volkswagen Thane( Mody Group) and they were a gem. Just two phone calls and two days later the plate was couriered home. They charged me 2k for the two plates and stickers and the rivets. The charges were the same with other Volkswagen showrooms too. I’ve observed that the Mody Volkswagen is extremely customer centric. In the past, they have offered me the best price on the warranty as well as a service value pack. Whereas Volkswagen Downtown has been extremely lethargic to even a simple question from me. I guess this is the reason why some VW customer have a good experience and some have it worse.

Fitted the plates along with a holding bracket by myself on the car with a drill and a riveting tool, a ten minute job. Thank you everyone for helping out.
seedyk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 11:36   #1147
BHPian

Hello, does anyone know how can I get only the windshield sticker for my car? The one that came with the plates got damaged with the windshield during an incident.
I ordered the plates online through makemyhsrp.com (since the vehicle is of Tata) and they don't have any option to order the replacement sticker or plates. Only bookmyhsrp.com has that option but they aren't taking the details since the vehicle is Tata.
Thanks.
Old 19th April 2022, 13:21   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Anyone from Kerala knows if cops stop anyone without a HSRP Color coded sticker on the front windshield?
I am in a similar situation and need only the color coded stickers.
I see Kerala listed in the site https://www.bookmyhsrp.com/sticker/BookingDetail.aspx. Not sure if this a genuine one or not. Has anybody used this portal ? Do they ship PAN India ?
mathewspaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 18:57   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
After placing the order i called them on the next working day to express urgency. They had it ready for dispatch in 2 days. the courier took a bit long (around 5 days) So 7days or so. They quote a 15 day cycle time.

You will need to go to a dealer to get it done, probably. In Mumbai I had a problem finding a pvt numberplate vendor with a rivetting tool.

All the best.
Thank you for the idea kdp.

Finally I was able to receive the HSRP number plates along with stickers for MH registered car which is currently in a small town of UP.
I used https://www.bookhsrponline.com/ as suggested by kdp and they couriered the HSRP plates to my hometown. I received these within 10 days of ordering and got these fitted from a local showroom.

Very happy with their service.
UP!!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 19:12   #1150
BHPian

Hi all

Feel privileged to be a part of this vibrant community after having benefitted immensely from the discussions of learned members over the past few years.

We just went through a similar exercise a few months back; we too had a MH12 registered car that MH12 RTO refused to issue HSRP's/BH series number saying that they issue these for new vehicles only (ours was 2015 registered). And after shifting to Chandigarh, absence of HSRP that too on an outstation car brings a constant threat of being pulled over by the cops. We looked around for a vendor online for HSRP but could find only bookmyHSRP dot com, and they were not taking orders for MH registered cars at that time. So we decided to shift the registration to native HP where HSRP availability isn't an issue.

Employed an agency, they did all the running around and got us the NOC from MH12 RTO in 3 odd weeks. Interestingly, we'd been told at multiple pollution testing centers that we can't get a non polluting vehicle certificate from any other state as my vehicle's details were not available on the online database; and the car has to be taken to MH for this purpose but the agency was able to get it without any issues without the car visiting MH. We were also told (prior to hiring the agency) that we would need to visit the RTO physically for signatures, even that was done away with once the agents got involved! Of course at a price but shows the power of RTO/agent nexus. I'm happy though that I could get the work done & would've gladly paid the government also if they provided the services the agents did.

Documents asked for NOC & hypothecation removal:

1. Original RC
2. Insurance copy
3. Non polluting vehicle certificate (agent arranged)
4. NOC from Police commissioner Pune (agent arranged)
5. NCRB report (freely available from NCRB site)
6. Form 35 (original)
7. NOC from the financier (original, ours was hypothecated to wife's company)
8. Owner's Aadhar, photo
9. Form 28 - 4 copies
10.Chassis number pencil trace on form 28 & 5 small paper slips as well
11.RTO name where the new registration would be sought
12. Address proof at the new RTO location

We also had to update the mobile number on the Vahan site first(can be done oneself with a bit of patience as the site keeps crashing in working hours), an essential pre requisite for NOC as they send verification OTP's on it.

MH12 RTO made a big fuss about the printouts of the form 35 which we had taken on standard A4 papers and gotten signed from the company office, claiming that the form was not "original" and was a color photocopy since the original form's paper is of a different quality!
They didn't provide any receipt of the original RC being deposited with them; had the RC in digilocker so didn't press either.

We've gotten an HP registration now, for HSRP one has to apply separately on their own. Looked around again and this time found another site by the name bookhsrponline dot com that was accepting orders for MH registered cars as well!! All this running around could've been avoided if this option was available a few months back!

Getting the new number reflected in the insurance was a straightforward affair , just sent a few mails to the company with the RC copies and they issued an updated one promptly.

The plates arrived in 10 odd days; are of fairly good quality and have the color coded windshield stickers as well, but the code below the IND mark is more like printed than etched into the plates..hope that won't be an issue. Can anybody confirm if that's the norm nowadays?

For claiming refund of road tax from MH12 RTO, the following documents were asked for:

1. Copy of new RC
2. Copy of old RC
3. Copy of NOC issued by the MH12 RTO
4. Copy of One time tax paid receipt at the time of registration with MH12 RTO: this was an issue as no separate receipt was given to us, only a small note was printed (on the large paper type RC itself in vogue at that time) mentioning receipt no and the tax amount paid. They've accepted the documents after a bit of back & forth though for now, lets see.
5. Copy of One time tax paid receipt at the new RTO
6. Form DT
7. Copy of original vehicle tax invoice

They've said that a cheque would be issued in the name of original owner in a few weeks, fingers crossed!
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img20220416wa0004.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th April 2022 at 19:40. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Vtach is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 13:22   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...I found an online vendor who could help. The plates quality, sticker etc... This is the link I used ...I can confirm that this works for a host of states (Mh definitely) as of a week ago...
Thanks for the link. Ordered on Sunday. Delivered today by "trackon" courier in Pune. Pretty efficient and looks good too .

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20220426_111256.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
The plates arrived in 10 odd days; are of fairly good quality... but the code below the IND mark is more like printed than etched ...Can anybody confirm if that's the norm nowadays?...
That's fine. Both my X3 and Yezdi have similar code on the plates.

Cheers,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 26th April 2022 at 13:34. Reason: fix markup
bj96 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 08:31   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
You may re-apply for HSRP plates, you'll get stricker along with those. It'll cost you around Rs. 750, but will bring peace of mind.
I have finally figured out why I wasn't able to place a request for a replacement sticker for my HR registered vehicle. They treat the your initial HSRP/Sticker request as an order currently under process unless you send an email stating clearly that you want to cancel the initial order so that you can book another request for an HSRP or a sticker. Website for booking a replacement sticker is hsrphr.com and the email to request cancellation of initial order is online@hsrphr.com. This process will take time and it seems absurd that you have to send an email to get the initial order cancelled when the plates and sticker have been already fitted on your vehicle a long time back. Alas, it is a government entity and the process is what it is. Hope this helps anyone who is trying to get a replacement sticker/HSRP for their HR registered vehicles.
TDIRaghav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 17:49   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
I went through a few hoops myself.

Thanks a lot , I used your link, made the payment on the 10th of May and today on the 16th I received two number plates, an orange sticker and another Govt of Mah sticker.

This was for a 2017 Hexa, the dealer Concorde Worli had closed shop sometime in 2019 or so.

I can vouch this works for Maharashtra, now I don't know how to check the validity of the laser etching etc, but to me it appears legit.
Relax&Cruise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 10:37   #1154
BHPian

Got HSRP for my Hexa (bought in 2017 Oct) through same dealer (KHT Brookfields) from whom it was purchased. Since I know the manager, one message was all it took. Was a hassle free experience.
Old 30th May 2022, 13:08   #1155
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you. I just received my set in Noida for my TN registered EcoSport. It appears to be in order.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks