Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 09:34   #1096
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

A few questions for which I couldn't answer anywhere. Are the Karnataka HSRP plates interchangeable? The third sticker does not mention which laser code plate corresponds to which plate. What to do if they are fixed in the wrong order?
Old 28th November 2021, 15:35   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I have faced similar issue. And not sure how to get it corrected. More than that how to prove that my vehicle is BS4 compliant to get it corrected.
I wasn't able to figure out how to get this corrected either. Now, I am facing another issue. I need to get the windshield replaced as it's cracked and the SA said that it won't be possible to get the colour coded sticker removed without damaging it. My vehicle is HR registered but there's no option on the HSRPHR.com to book for a replacement sticker. I tried to place an order for a sticker but it says that it's already registered. Has anyone faced a similar issue? How to book a replacement sticker?

I would think that the transport authority already knows that replacement plates and stickers will always be needed.

Last edited by bblost : 28th November 2021 at 16:46. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 28th November 2021, 16:47   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
A few questions for which I couldn't answer anywhere. Are the Karnataka HSRP plates interchangeable? The third sticker does not mention which laser code plate corresponds to which plate. What to do if they are fixed in the wrong order?
For four wheelers, there's no guideline related to which HSRP will go at front and which one at rear. [For two wheelers, size of plate at front and rear is different]

Only requirement is that serial numbers on stickers must match the ones on plates. Order doesn't matter.
AutoNoob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:56   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIRaghav View Post
I wasn't able to figure out how to get this corrected either. Now, I am facing another issue. I need to get the windshield replaced as it's cracked and the SA said that it won't be possible to get the colour coded sticker removed without damaging it. My vehicle is HR registered but there's no option on the HSRPHR.com to book for a replacement sticker. I tried to place an order for a sticker but it says that it's already registered. Has anyone faced a similar issue? How to book a replacement sticker?

I would think that the transport authority already knows that replacement plates and stickers will always be needed.
If every thing fails, then cut the windshield around the sticker and hang it. Show it if cops try to make a buck.

It would also be prudent to take a photo of the whole windshield with the sticker and keep a print in the car.
Old 30th November 2021, 23:34   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If every thing fails, then cut the windshield around the sticker and hang it. Show it if cops try to make a buck.

It would also be prudent to take a photo of the whole windshield with the sticker and keep a print in the car.
Haha! That's a unique solution.

A printed photo of the car with the sticker clearly visible on the windshield would assist in wasting at least some time of the traffic police (although they wouldn't budge) which in turn would assist many others escape (for a short while) the obnoxious laws of Delhi-NCR.
Old 1st December 2021, 01:02   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIRaghav View Post
Haha! That's a unique solution.

A printed photo of the car with the sticker clearly visible on the windshield would assist in wasting at least some time of the traffic police (although they wouldn't budge) which in turn would assist many others escape (for a short while) the obnoxious laws of Delhi-NCR.
You may re-apply for HSRP plates, you'll get stricker along with those. It'll cost you around Rs. 750, but will bring peace of mind.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 17:20   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
You may re-apply for HSRP plates, you'll get stricker along with those. It'll cost you around Rs. 750, but will bring peace of mind.
I had already tried this but it won't let you register again. I had also sent an email but they directed me towards bookmyhsrp.com where stickers or plates HR registered vehicles are not available. Thanks for taking out the time to respond!
Old 13th December 2021, 12:56   #1103
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvtanwar View Post
Update for my earlier post for getting an HSRP at Navi Mumbai: I contacted Wasan Toyota, Turbhe for getting the HSRP plates for my 2016 Etios Liva. They did the needful though their RTO agency (cost of 1,500 for the plates +1,000 for the service of me not needing to interact with the RTO at all). Got the plates in one day flat; the red sticker that came with it (for diesel cars) did not have the number on it. Apparently, the one with the number comes only for new cars.
Finally, the car is now street-legal again for the next five years even in the NCR.
Hi, if it is not too much trouble, Could you please contact them again for the name / contact details of the RTO agency. I need this too for a 2017 registration. You could DM me.

thanks a lot in advance.
kdp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 14:56   #1104
BHPian

Does anyone know the lead time in getting HSRP in Bangalore for a new car? My conversations with dealer and friends indicate that it takes around 1 week for the HSRP to come to dealer from the start of the registration proces but they do not have finer timelines.

As of now, I see the HSRP status is 'done' today on Vahan and would like to understand how long it takes for the dealer to get it and install. Trying to get a clear picture as I need to go out of town in next couple of days. Thanks!
Old 21st December 2021, 15:30   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Does anyone know the lead time in getting HSRP in Bangalore for a new car? My conversations with dealer and friends indicate that it takes around 1 week for the HSRP to come to dealer from the start of the registration process but they do not have finer timelines.
One week is the upper limit. Usually HSRPs are available within 3-4 days from the date of registration.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 22:38   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
Hi, if it is not too much trouble, Could you please contact them again for the name / contact details of the RTO agency. I need this too for a 2017 registration. You could DM me.

thanks a lot in advance.
Attaching a picture of the HSRP installed on my 2016 Liva for the benefit of members in Navi Mumbai; do note the serial number printed on it (though I've blocked out a part of it for safety).High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-whatsapp-image-20211221-10.28.52-pm.jpeg
dhruvtanwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 14:06   #1107
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvtanwar View Post
Attaching a picture of the HSRP installed on my 2016 Liva for the benefit of members in Navi Mumbai; do note the serial number printed on it (though I've blocked out a part of it for safety).Attachment 2248254

Thanks. After speaking to the BMW dealership whom I purchased the car from and being bounced around, i chose to connect to the "better" dealer (where I used to get it serviced). (MMR Bmw owners will know which is which). They arranged it in 5 days flat!

To all those who have out of town cars in on NCR roads, its absolutely worth the peace of mind to get this done.

Thanks @dhruvtanwar for pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited by kdp : 22nd December 2021 at 14:08.
kdp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 17:07   #1108
BHPian

My 2012 Skoda Rapid's (the purchase of which led me to join this site and create a thread (Skoda Rapid 1.6L Petrol (Gollum) - Owner's Review). lol) license plate is due for an overhaul. Curiously, it's only the back license plate that has faded while the front looks just fine.

Anyhow, since I'm based in Bangalore, and the whole HSRP situation is mired in confusion if not controversy, I was wondering how to proceed. I intend to go in for a new car within the next 5 years (this car is *still* in great condition 10 years down the line though), so was wondering if it's worth all the hassle of affixing HSRP etc or just get a normal one and be done with it. Thoughts?

The other thing is, I have no idea where to get a proper HSRP plate if I do decide to go for one. I keep hearing about bookmyhsrp.com but the site looks proper dodgy (complete with copy-pasted HTML template) and I'm unsure if it's govt approved. But if I have no choice, I will have to go with it. Again, thoughts anyone?
Old 5th January 2022, 17:19   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider77 View Post
My 2012 Skoda Rapid's (the purchase of which led me to join this site and create a thread (Skoda Rapid 1.6L Petrol (Gollum) - Owner's Review). lol) license plate is due for an overhaul. Curiously, it's only the back license plate that has faded while the front looks just fine.

Anyhow, since I'm based in Bangalore, and the whole HSRP situation is mired in confusion if not controversy, I was wondering how to proceed. I intend to go in for a new car within the next 5 years (this car is *still* in great condition 10 years down the line though), so was wondering if it's worth all the hassle of affixing HSRP etc or just get a normal one and be done with it. Thoughts?

The other thing is, I have no idea where to get a proper HSRP plate if I do decide to go for one. I keep hearing about bookmyhsrp.com but the site looks proper dodgy (complete with copy-pasted HTML template) and I'm unsure if it's govt approved. But if I have no choice, I will have to go with it. Again, thoughts anyone?
It is not mandatory yet to fix HSRP in Karnataka for older vehicles (purchased before 2019). For now, I'd just suggest to put regular plates. If at all, you can opt for plates similar looking to HSRP plates from local shops (white color, which obviously won't have the code on it but other than that you can't tell the difference).

Once govt comes out with vendor details and makes it mandatory, you can then decide accordingly. I don't think there is any benefit of running around right now amidst so much confusion.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th January 2022 at 17:36.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 17:37   #1110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider77 View Post
... was wondering if it's worth all the hassle of affixing HSRP etc or just get a normal one and be done with it. Thoughts?
I dont think HSRP is even available in KA for older vehicles. Just get the regular plates. Prices shoud start from 500 for a set, and prepared within minutes in some shops off JC road.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks