Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2022, 15:37   #1156
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Has anyone tried getting a HSRP 3rd sticker in Uttarakhand?
I was tried to get a HSRP 3rd sticker on 3rd Jun, on bookmyhsrp.com, payment and confirmation went smooth and received an appointment at a Hyundai dealer on 8th Jun.
On 8th June when I reached Dealership, I found out that they had not received any sticker or information. Called up bookmyhsrp (ROSMERTA) and they said that they had no information on Uttrakhand vehicles.
Later in the day I received a SMS stating “Your Order has been rejected due to Vehicle Number not found in HSRP. Refund has been initiated to your account. Kindly ensure to upload correct details for re-order. (Team Rosmerta)”
I can’t understand the reason for rejection and what needs to be done or who is to be contacted. I had very carefully filled all vehicle information including both the laser numbers on the plate, but despite getting a success in booking and appointment, the rejected the HSRP order after the date of appointment.
I am planning a visit to Delhi and I heard that its strictly being checked in Delhi with a fine of Rs 5,000 or 10,000.
It seems like it’s a waste of time for Uttarakhand registered vehicle to go through bookmyhsrp.com, I took an appointment and waited for 6 days, and after the appointment date passed I was notified by bookmyhsrp that the application is rejected with no clear reason and what needs to be done.
So now I am planning to show up at the doors of the RTO (UK07) Dehradun to get a resolution. I’ll update further after my visit planned on th 14th Jun.
If anyone has any experience with Uttarakhand HSRP, pls share.
Old 10th June 2022, 16:33   #1157
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
This is the link I used they are pretty efficient even though the courier partner is not the worlds best.
Thanks for the link, Got it delivered in about 10 days. Luckily Trackon courier office was very close to mine, so was able to stroll in and just get the package on the same day it arrived.

Was having a hard time getting plates for MP as dealerships had no clue about older vehicles, and my RTO agent also had no idea. 800 bucks for the peace of mind was worth it in case I hit the highway with this one.

Plate quality is okay, I got plates for my new car too directly from RTO which seems to be of tad better quality.

Quick Question for this forum, Frame for HSRP or No ?
Old 10th June 2022, 18:25   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post

Quick Question for this forum, Frame for HSRP or No ?
Yes.

For me, on the Brio, it was a quick DIY. But, for Fat Boy because of the design of the rear number plate bracket, the frame would not fit properly, so I had to attach it on the top of the previous PVC number plate.

Frame looks cleaner and easier to take off in case bumper (fender on bike) needs replacement due to accidents. Saves you from the hassle of reordering HSRP again.

EDIT:
+ves of frame
1) Frame makes it easier to remove & refit (R&R)
2) Gives some rigidity to the HSRP plate so that it doesn't bend easily
3) Looks cleaner

-ve
1) Thieves can remove (steal) and replace easily with fake, but, barcode and laser etching will be somewhat difficult to replicate on the fake plate

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 10th June 2022 at 18:45.
Old 23rd June 2022, 19:48   #1159
BHPian

High security number plate in Mumbai?

Dear Mumbaites,

Is there a deadline for installing the HSRP number plates on older vehicles purchased pre-2019 in Mumbai?

If yes, what is the procedure to obtain it.

Hearing rumours about a July 2022 deadline though not confirmed.

Any clarifications in this regard appreciated.
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:20   #1160
BHPian

My experience with https://www.bookhsrponline.com/ (Godawari Group's HSRP) order and Honda Service Center.

Due to my travels to metro cities I had to get an HSRP plates for my 2008 car.
I tried with an RTO agent and he informed me that only new cars are getting HSRP plates fitted in local RTO for old cars I better contact my service center/dealership. After multiple calls and SMS's to the dealership I could not get an order placed for the same.

I came across this thread and booked a order on the above link for a MH number on 18th June. Received a "HSRP booking successfully" SMS the same day. 1,100/-

Called the official number, shared my booking details(without order ID which I never received) to the following numbers on 27/06/2022 did not connect or get any reply from them. Today is 2/7/2022, I still have not heard from the team yet.

I am currently living elsewhere from my hometown, as I had to leave in 2 days, I thought to visit the dealership. The dealership did not know the term HSRP, only that new cars are coming with a "serial number".

With no feasible choice left I placed order for this and received it next morning. They charged me with 1200/- for the same. I do not think this will pass the Official HSRP test though, apart from the IND printed on the black official font and the authentic emblem sticker.

The ministry should make this available on their own website. Some touts and brokers and "authorized dealers" are making a mockery of this.

Last edited by Ashutosh : 2nd July 2022 at 11:22.
Ashutosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 14:44   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
For claiming refund of road tax from MH12 RTO
Update:
Received the road tax refund from the RTO, took about 2 odd months from the document submission. Had heard some stories of road tax refunds hanging fire for years but pretty pleased with the RTO action here.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img20220708wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th July 2022 at 15:06. Reason: Broken quote tags
Vtach is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 22:10   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNTAINMAN View Post
Has anyone tried getting a HSRP 3rd sticker in Uttarakhand?
I was tried to get a HSRP 3rd sticker on 3rd Jun, on bookmyhsrp.com, payment and confirmation went smooth and received an appointment at a Hyundai dealer on 8th Jun.

Later in the day I received a SMS stating “Your Order has been rejected due to Vehicle Number not found in HSRP. Refund has been initiated to your account. Kindly ensure to upload correct details for re-order. (Team Rosmerta)”
Further to above, my experience with bookmyhsrp.com
After multiple attempts on calls and mails Rosmerta team confirmed indirectly that I need to order the complete set of Two number plates and 1 sticker. (instead of only the sticker as I had HSRP with laser etched codes).

I had received HSRP number plates with laser etched codes on them when i took delivery of the new car:

Are people able to order only the stickers?

So finally I ordered the complete set and the dealer attached the new number plates and the color coded sticker.

Now the problem is that the color coded sticker attached to my car by the dealer is incorrect (Green/Orange) which is meant for BS6 cars and my car is BS4 (Orange only sticker). Upon enquiry the dealer stated that its what they received and that have no other sticker received for BS4.

I wrote to ROSMERTA and SIAM on this problem since 5th July and their response has only been "We have escalated the issue and will get back to you" but no resolution has been received despite multiple reminders.

I am wondering what could be an option for me to pursue this further?

I just don't want to be paying a Rs 20,000 challan for incorrect sticker despite reminding the authorities for their mistake.
Old 11th August 2022, 07:10   #1163
BHPian

Quote:

So finally I ordered the complete set and the dealer attached the new number plates and the color coded sticker.

Now the problem is that the color coded sticker attached to my car by the dealer is incorrect (Green/Orange) which is meant for BS6 cars and my car is BS4 (Orange only sticker). Upon enquiry the dealer stated that its what they received and that have no other sticker received for BS4.
Are you sure that's the meaning of colors?
Afaik, blue is for petrol, orange is for diesel. There is no bs4/bs6 distinction.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 09:31   #1164
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Further
I just don't want to be paying a Rs 20,000 challan for incorrect sticker despite reminding the authorities for their mistake.
I talked to the same Rosmerta systems and they said that one can order a color-coded sticker separately, but the online order service is not available in my state, so I have to go through the dealer who is flatly refusing that the sticker can be ordered separately. What if the sticker is there but the marking has faded away? Are they checking it minutely or just the presence of it?
On the other hand, I see that you're planning a visit to Delhi and are trying to get the sticker installed. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the sticker is mandatory for cars registered in the NCT of Delhi only.

Last edited by sbm : 11th August 2022 at 09:45. Reason: Addition
Old 12th August 2022, 21:18   #1165

Hi All,

I have just transferred my vehicle from Hyderabad to Maharashtra (MH14). Vehicle registration is complete and all systems (vahan, parivahan) are updated with new details of the vehicle.

However, to fully complete the registration process it is required to have HSRP number plates, and a picture to be clicked with the affixed HSRP plates and uploaded into the RTO system.

Usually this is done by the dealership (ordering HSRP plates and uploading in the system) when purchasing a new vehicle. In my case Hyderabad dealer isn't able to help since they do not have access (login) to MH RTO system. And MH dealer is not able to help as well since they say they don't have my vehicle in their internal system.

Because of this my registration process is not fully complete and vahan portal says RC not dispatched. This is stopping me from applying for a refund from Hyderabad RTO, which is around a lac INR.

In the meanwhile I have ordered regular embossed number plates and using them.

If anyone has recently transferred their vehicle in Maharashtra and/or is aware of the process to be followed, kindly guide me.

Thanks !!
Old 13th August 2022, 01:20   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Are people able to order only the stickers?
Absolutely! You can order just the coloured sticker separately on "bookmyhsrp" website and in fact, in Delhi NCR they offer to affix it at your home for a 100 rupee charge. I had mine changed just a few days ago in Noida and no issues whatsoever.

Quote:
Try ordering the sticker online again. It's less than Rs. 300 (inclusive of home delivery charges) and you might get the correct sticker this time around.
Old 13th August 2022, 09:23   #1167
sbm
BHPian

Bookmyhsrp works for Delhi UP and Haryana only. Is there any website for other states also?
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 12:50   #1168
BANNED

On a Ladhak thread many months back, there was a circular from JK police posted that strict action should be taken for vehicles without HSRP. Is this move going to target older vehicles from states where HSRP is not yet mandatory like KA?
Old 27th August 2022, 22:49   #1169
BHPian

Even though there is no govt direction on HSRP in Karnataka, some cops are wrongfully enforcing it, allowing unauthorized number plate providers to do business. I had to get it changed when I went for RC renewal. The HSRP 'look alike' was screwed using same screw from old number plate - no riveting, which completely undermines its security aspect. And no sticker comes associated with it. The shop is even offering BH number plates as well - wondering will they be legal in the states where HSRP is mandatory.
bivision is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 03:51   #1170
BHPian

Maharashtra is yet to implement the HSRP mandate for older vehicles. Only the new vehicles registered post April 2019 come with the HSRP by default. Please don't fall prey to notorious dealers and shops promising to affix HSRP on your vehicles; they are only indulging in dubious practices of affixing duplicate plates (IND) under the garb of HSRP. Unless there is an official government directive with regard to HSRP, there's nothing to worry within Maharashtra. Have not experienced or heard of cops harassing anyone for not having these plates.

The state of Maharashtra had invited tenders for HSRP fitment on old vehicles multiple times now over the past few years, but this has proven to be a dud every time!
IamNikhil is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks