Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 16:39   #1216
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Update No. 2:

Finally got the courier on Wednesday evening.

Packet contained two HRSPs with consecutive alphanumeric codes, the hologram and the blue IND laser encoded details. Packet also contained two stickers that make the 'Third Number Plate', one with the vehicle number and the two alphanumeric codes and the other sticker was the blue colour-code sticker for petrol vehicles. The proforma invoice had car engine and chassis numbers as well as the alphanumeric codes for the front and back plates. Also contained four single-use bolts for the plates.
Thanks, really appreciate your updates on these. Would you mind confirming that the quality of the plates (metal and stamping) seem durable, or rather as durable as plates generally are? Also what is the quality of the frames like?

Many thanks.
Old 17th March 2023, 20:09   #1217
BHPian

^ Did you received the frame as well? I believe HSRP plates costs 600 and remaining 500 is for frame. What does the invoice covers?
Old 17th March 2023, 23:42   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
... quality of the plates (metal and stamping)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
^ Did you received the frame as well? I believe HSRP plates costs 600 and remaining 500 is for frame. What does the invoice covers?
Quality is the same as regular plates, not flimsy but not very sturdy either.

Frames are charged separately. I got two HSRPs, one set of stickers and the frames for Rs.1007.13ps, plus Rs.100/- as courier charges.

The frames were rivetted in the space for the original number plate and then the HSRPs inserted into the frames.

Got the plates fitted for free at the Renault showroom.
mygodbole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 08:57   #1219
BHPian

I've had to replace the windshield of my car as it cracked due to a bird hit when I was driving on the Eastern Freeway.

I will have to get a new sticker from RTO MH 01. Any idea on how to get one ? Thanks in advance.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:24   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I've had to replace the windshield of my car as it cracked due to a bird hit when I was driving on the Eastern Freeway.

I will have to get a new sticker from RTO MH 01. Any idea on how to get one ? Thanks in advance.
I have recently gone through this experience. So, I can give you and idea. In Maharashtra, you can ask for a replacement sticker from the agent who built your original number plate. For example, the number plate in my car was made by the car dealer when I bought it new. I approached the car dealer and asked for a replacement sticker. They arranged one for me for Rs. 53. I approached other HSRP number plate dealers, but they could not do it. It seems that HSRP dealers are assigned a particular series of number plates and they cannot make plates in other series. Hope, this helps you.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 20:01   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Quality is the same as regular plates, not flimsy but not very sturdy either.

Frames are charged separately. I got two HSRPs, one set of stickers and the frames for Rs.1007.13ps, plus Rs.100/- as courier charges.

The frames were rivetted in the space for the original number plate and then the HSRPs inserted into the frames.

Got the plates fitted for free at the Renault showroom.
I got my HSRP number plates from them as well. They were very prompt in their delivery, 5 days from Jaipur. However, I did not get any confirmation on email nor did I get any sms. On contacting them the day before yesterday, they provided me with tracking details & courier name.

I wonder if the serial numbers of the HSRP plates are recorded in the database of the respective state Motor Transport Departments ? Can anyone shed a light on this ? Thanks in advance
Old 6th April 2023, 11:58   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I got my HSRP number plates from them as well. They were very prompt in their delivery, 5 days from Jaipur. However, I did not get any confirmation on email nor did I get any sms. On contacting them the day before yesterday, they provided me with tracking details & courier name.
I too have ordered but not received any confirmation email or SMS. Please could you send me their contact details as the ones on their website do not seem to work.

Thanks.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 12:04   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
I too have ordered but not received any confirmation email or SMS. Please could you send me their contact details as the ones on their website do not seem to work.

Thanks.
Hi, please see the attached screenshot.
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-screenshot-20230406-12.03.43-pm.png
Old 18th April 2023, 11:52   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
I have recently gone through this experience. So, I can give you and idea. In Maharashtra, you can ask for a replacement sticker from the agent who built your original number plate. For example, the number plate in my car was made by the car dealer when I bought it new. I approached the car dealer and asked for a replacement sticker. They arranged one for me for Rs. 53. I approached other HSRP number plate dealers, but they could not do it. It seems that HSRP dealers are assigned a particular series of number plates and they cannot make plates in other series. Hope, this helps you.
Many thanks for your guidance. Contacted the car dealer and they have got a new sticker for me. Yet to collect and pay for it.

I tried with other sources and they declined due to the fact that they are assigned a particular series and are certified by state RTO for issuance in the respective states.
Old 6th May 2023, 01:24   #1225

I am replacing my car windshield due to a crack, any idea how to get the HSRP sticker alone in Bangalore.
Old 6th May 2023, 11:39   #1226
BHPian

I have a question regarding the use of rivets to fix these HSRP plates.

When I got the delivery of my car the dealer said that they don't use rivets they just use a frame instead.

Has anyone faced any hassle for using just a frame and no rivet? I am told there is a challan for that as it makes the plate tamper-proof.

I believe in states like Gujarat and Delhi NCR rivets are mandatory.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_1895.jpg

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_1892.jpg

Any idea where I can rivet the plates?

I don't want to drill into the bumper

The designated holes accommodate screws only.
Old 6th May 2023, 12:03   #1227

Hello members,

Any idea about this Number Series.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_8810.jpg
Mundkaite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 12:48   #1228
BHPian

I have a question on the HSRP plates.

I bought a car from Maruti 6 months ago and it has covered around 13K till date. I could see the numbers eroding on the plates. The character "J" is fading the most and am not sure what to do.

What should be done in this case? Will it be a problem from our law enforcement, if they see it?
Old 7th May 2023, 08:50   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P2324 View Post
...the dealer said that they don't use rivets they just use a frame instead.
Has anyone faced any hassle for using just a frame and no rivet? ...
The designated holes accommodate screws only.
My X3 is fitted with HSRP on frame, by the dealer. Have been to MP, GJ, RJ, GA, KN and MH. No challan issues so far.

Regarding existing holes for screws- HSRP is fitted with blind rivets. This use a "pull" mechanism and a "piston" pushes into sleeve, which jams in the frame hole. It will work fine in place of screws. You need a special plier tool to use with rivets- they work from outside. No need to drill or remove anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundkaite View Post
Hello members,
Any idea about this Number Series.
Attachment 2447757
Maybe some foreign embassy car?

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 7th May 2023 at 08:53. Reason: combine posts
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 20:21   #1230
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Please avoid this. I had placed order for my bike's number plates and haven't received anything yet (no replies to mail or phone) - it has been almost 3 weeks now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks