Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:41   #961
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Gurgaon (and Haryana) vehicles can now book both stickers and HSRP online. The website is finally active after a long while. In fact if you want just a sticker, they will not take a booking at the Link Utsav counter, I went there yesterday and he directed me to book online. If your registration number offers the option to collect at a dealership for your vehicle, that is better than going to Link Utsav, that way hopefully you will not have to brave the queues. So for my Hyundai Venue, I was able to book a collection at a Hyundai dealership, but for the Fortuner, Link Utsav was the only one showing available slots. Both dates are for January. And they are definitely chalaaning vehicles in Delhi irrespective of state of registration, there is a drive going on at the MG Road border and at various places along MG Road. But as long as you can produce the receipt to show that you have booked for the sticker or the HSRP plate, you’re good to go.
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:37   #962
BHPian

Is there a way to get only 1 HR front plate as one of my HSRP fell off from my car? Or do i need to buy both again.
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:15   #963
BHPian

I read an article on TOI last night that the "Haryana HSRP" Portal is up and running.

I visited the site today, below are my observations:

1. It is similar to the DL + UP Portal

2. The "Sticker Only" option seems to have glitches. I have 4 vehicles. 3 have the HSRP plate and only require the Sticker, on trying to book, it showed that my vehicle details could not be checked on the "Vahan" Portal. Will retry in a day or two.

3. The HSRP + Sticker seems to work, was able to book an appointment easily.

4. There isn't any FAQ page, with possible troubleshooting options.

5. The toll free number, is not working. For some reason it says "out of network coverage area". Very odd.
Old 23rd December 2020, 15:31   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Veer View Post
I am having issues with https://hsrphr.com/ for a couple of days now.

Every time I put the registration number, chassis and engine no., it gives me an error saying " Your vehicle detail didn't match with vahan service".
This is the same information on the mParivahan app and RC! I am unable to book an HSRP for my vehicle.

Any advice?
Try changing your browser and see if it helps.

I use Opera for my daily use, and surprisingly, I was getting same error on bookmyhsrp (for DL vehicle). Maybe it is same case with hsrphr too.
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:12   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
...so I should make a regular one temporarily as I've already booked a number. I'm not sure if this is for the same reason.
Yes, that's what I did. Just got plastic number plates done paying 350/-. Let the IND come whenever it does. Didn't want to roam around with REGD sticker.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 12:26   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Guys, I am not able to Locate my Order number.

Payment was made, Payment Id is there in the email, but order number is not.
When I check reciept validity on their website - its says Record not found.
Same record not found for 3 of my orders cannot track any of them.

Last edited by karankapoor : 24th December 2020 at 12:27.
Old 24th December 2020, 15:44   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post
The HSRP + Sticker seems to work, was able to book an appointment easily.
When I try to book for a sticker, I get a popup asking me to upload pics of front and rear registration plate. But the form instead says that I should upload the pics of front and rear laser engraving. Which one did you upload?

PS: Getting the full number plate and clear laser engraving in one pic is nearly un-achievable since the font size for laser is too small.

Last edited by warrioraks : 24th December 2020 at 15:45.
Old 24th December 2020, 18:31   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

I was thinking ahead and booked the home delivery option for a vehicle in Lucknow abut the car always is in Auraiya. Just went through this thread and realised a glitch. I thought home delivery means "delivery" fixing has to be done by the owner. However it seems like there is a guy who comes and fixes it to the vehicle.

-Is the delivery guy very particular of affixing the plates and sticker by himself?
-Is it possible to just collect the same form him and get it fixed from somewhere else later?

If not, I might have to cancel the order soon before they start making the plates.
- I am not sure. He came and he fixed. He had all the tools and was quick and competent about it, so the other thought did not cross my mind.
- Again I am not sure. best to call and check with Rosmerta systems, the company carrying out this on behalf of the government. You can find their customer care number on the website. it might take a more than one try but they do answer the phone and clear the query.
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 11:16   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Same record not found for 3 of my orders cannot track any of them.
For some manufacturers bookmyhsrp.com redirects and places your order on https://www.makemyhsrp.com/. I was able to track my on on this website.
Old 25th December 2020, 14:10   #970
BHPian

Couple of updates on HSRP (Delhi):

A PIL is filed in Delhi High Court against the arbitrary increase from government notified rates for the plates anad stickers. The PIL touches upon some aspects raised in this thread also (such as the link not working if you only try to book the sticker, but works perfectly well if you book HSRP+sticker)

https://www.indialegallive.com/top-n...hi-high-court/

In other news, Delhi High Court has 'advised' the government to not create panic by enforcing the penalty of Rs. 5,500 and that the requirement was ill-timed and not adequately publicized before implementation

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...867537422.html
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 00:46   #971
BHPian

So a peculiar thing happened today - I received an automated voice call from Rosmerta Safety Systems asking me to respond by pressing 1-if I'd received my order or 2-If I had not received it yet. I pressed 2 Considering that my appointment is booked only for the 16th of January, and the call got disconnected immediately.

Has anyone else received a similar call or was I just subjected to a spam call?
Old 28th December 2020, 12:06   #972
BHPian

Finally after a lot of false starts over the last 2-3 months and wasting more than 8-10 hours of time on this, I have managed to order a Fuel Type sticker for my 2012 Honda City.

They have made changes to the portal, now they only ask for last 5 digits of chassis number & engine number. Based on that and the car's registration details, the website auto filled the make, model, bharat stage and other details on the web page.

Then I was asked to upload photos of front/rear laser and front/rear HSRP.

Uploading photos was another puzzle that needed to be solved. When I clicked on the Upload button, i saw a progress bar and then nothing. After waiting for a bit, I tried to complete the form and submit it, but was asked to upload the photos. Tried clicking on Upload a few more times and nothing happened. At this point I opened the web developer console and saw that there was a 500 error from the server. Saw the response and it mentioned some request exceeded maximum size error. At this point I reduced the size of the 4 photos that I needed to upload and post that things went smoothly. Good part is that I did not need to refresh the page at this point of time, just selecting different photos did the trick.

I was charged Rs,125/- + gst for home delivery (while it was stated that the charge is only ₹ 100 for the same). Details of the charges are as follows:
Fuel Type Sticker + Fitment: Rs. 100/-
Convinience Fee: Rs. 20/-
Home Delivery Charge: Rs. 125/-
GST: Rs. 22.05 * 2 = Rs. 44.10

In addition, there was a charge of ₹ 5.21 for paying by credit card..

Edit: Forgot to mention that the appointment timeslot could not be selected from my system. After a few tries, I just clicked on the form submit button and the morning appointment slot was selected automatically. And this was the appointment slot that was shown as unavailable.

https://bookmyhsrp.com/Document/Only...%20Sticker.pdf is the web page where they give details of the photos that need to be uploaded.

Last edited by no1lives4ever : 28th December 2020 at 12:09.
no1lives4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 19:49   #973
BHPian

I have been trying to book HSRP and color coded sticker for my C class on bookmyhsrp but get stuck at the select dealership option as it doesn't show any dealership or any response at all. Home delivery is not available at my pin code in Ghaziabad . Also is the website makemyhsrp.in legitimate? It seems much better than bookmyhsrp.
Old 28th December 2020, 21:32   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
So a peculiar thing happened today - I received an automated voice call from Rosmerta Safety Systems asking me to respond by pressing 1-if I'd received my order or 2-If I had not received it yet. I pressed 2 Considering that my appointment is booked only for the 16th of January, and the call got disconnected immediately.

Has anyone else received a similar call or was I just subjected to a spam call?
Yes, I did. Exact same query and response as well.
I only wanted a sticker and that's apparently going to take till the 1st week of Feb, that too home delivered.
Still, the plus point is the receipt that will (hopefully) prevent challans.
tanayr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 23:04   #975
BHPian

I purchased my car from Delhi in 2015 but have now moved to Ghaziabad. I only need colour coded sticker. The HSRP site is picking up my details correctly but it is not allowing Ghaziabad as Delivery Address. If I give Delhi pincode / address then it is OK.

It seems for the sticker itself I have to travel to Delhi on specified date and time. Damn!

Have you guys too noticed this?
ms_rana is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks