Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2020, 19:40   #856
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

From reading everything on this thread, I'm now looking for help from anyone in Kolkata.

I'd like to know the vendor who I need to contact to get my colour-coded sticker. I doubt I'd be able to get just the sticker made for my car at the HSRP vendor in Gurgaon. Would appreciate any help in getting the stickers.
Old 7th October 2020, 09:43   #857
Team-BHP Support

Good news guys: HSRP put on hold by the govt

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/78523647.cms

Quote:
Delhi’s transport minister Kailash Gahlot instructed the transport department on Tuesday to delay the enforcement drive against vehicles that don’t have high security registration plates (HSRP) or colour-coded fuel stickers till further orders. The minister has also instructed people not to seek new appointment for HSRP fitment until a ‘proper’ system is in place. Those who have already booked slots, however, will get their plates and stickers.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th October 2020 at 09:44.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 11:17   #858
BHPian

I had my appointment today for HSRP at VW rajdhani at 10am slot. Called them up in morning to enquire if plates had arrived or not. Their reply was straightforward no and they said bookings from 3rd october onwards are still yet to receive their plates and close to 400+ cars are waiting for their plates before me at their dealership. I’m given an ETA of 7-10 days. However the above news is a big relief now as I can drive around in my car without any worry till then.

Last edited by speedfreak01 : 7th October 2020 at 11:20.
speedfreak01 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 12:19   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
I had my appointment today for HSRP at VW rajdhani at 10am slot. Called them up in morning to enquire if plates had arrived or not. Their reply was straightforward no and they said bookings from 3rd October onwards are still yet to receive their plates and close to 400+ cars are waiting for their plates before me at their dealership.
I had the exact same experience today. My HSRP appointment was at 10:00am today with Courtesy Honda, Okhla. Called them up at 9:45am to be told that they are yet to receive plates after 3rd October and I was asked to enquire again after 3-4 days.
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 15:20   #860
BHPian

Delhi government has stopped the distribution of HSRP’s & color coded stickers until the glitches in the manufacturing & distribution system are sorted.
They have roped in SIAM also for better co-ordination.
I believe that there is talk of home delivery of these services as well which will be a very welcome step.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...XaLYZf1SL.html

https://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...khqX285OO.html
utkarsh10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 17:50   #861

I've been given the address of Shuban HCMR Motor PVT LTD which is supposedly in Mohan Cooperative. I've tried looking them on Google, no information available. And Also called HSRP helpline to confirm if my order was processed or not, but not one answers.
Old 7th October 2020, 19:15   #862
BHPian

I couldn't find an accurate answer to my question, that's why this post. I hope someone can advise me on this.

As I am planning to purchase a new car, I am wondering will there be a High-Security Number Plate affixed to the car by the manufacturer or dealer concerned? Because I am seeing all new cars with the temporary registration sticker on how it used to be in the earlier days. And everyone keeping the number plates as how it was before. Even with fancy fonts as well.

I am really confused. Is the High Security Number Plates aren't mandatory these days?
Old 7th October 2020, 19:38   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
I couldn't find an accurate answer to my question, that's why this post. I hope someone can advise me on this.

As I am planning to purchase a new car, I am wondering will there be a High-Security Number Plate affixed to the car by the manufacturer or dealer concerned? Because I am seeing all new cars with the temporary registration sticker on how it used to be in the earlier days. And everyone keeping the number plates as how it was before. Even with fancy fonts as well.

I am really confused. Is the High Security Number Plates aren't mandatory these days?
My understanding is that if HSRP plates are issued for a car, not using them is an offense.
For new cars, the plates are sent to the dealer who is supposed to rivet it in place, but some just hand over the plates instead of affixing them. Enforcement may not be strict now but it will become soon.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 21:54   #864

DONE.
Thanks, Team-BHP !

- Both, HSRP & Sticker installed.
- Total amount paid online (personal i20 Petrol) : ₹660
- Booked on Sep-29 for Oct-7.
- Was able to complete the order flow successfully at first attempt.
- Had chosen 2-4 PM slot.
- Actual fixing job took ust 5 min.
- IN at 6 PM, OUT by 6:15 PM.

Thanks to Team-BHP for useful anecdotes, so I intentionally reached just ~1 hour before closing time which lead to 0 wait time as anticipated !

Collated info for ease of reference / sharing :

Latest update (as on Oct-7-2020) about enforcement :
https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...XaLYZf1SL.html

Tweet bt Delhi's Transport minister (Oct-6) :
https://twitter.com/kgahlot/status/1...143569409?s=20

Official notification :
https://transport.delhi.gov.in/sites...LIC-NOTICE.PDF

Official site for DL & UP vehicles :
https://www.bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx (Rosmerta Safety Systems Pvt. Ltd seems to be the only official vendor)

Official site for HR vehicles :
http://hsrphr.com (Link Utsav Registration Plates Pvt. Ltd. seems to be the only official vendor). Currently shows "Site under updation as on Oct-07 ~9 PM

FAQs :
https://bookmyhsrp.com/BookMyHSRP_HSRPFAQ.html

GENUINE HSRP DESCRIPTION :
https://bookmyhsrp.com/BookMyHSRP_Genuine_hsrp.html

CHECK APPOINTMENT STATUS:
https://bookmyhsrp.com/CheckStatus.aspx

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE GENUINE HSRP & JUST NEED THE STICKER (3rd NUMBER PLATE):
https://bookmyhsrp.com/StickerOrderBooking.aspx

My first post
- Yogesh
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-collagemaker_20201007_190902985_1_nocrop.jpeg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrsp_orig_fake.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp_paid_receipt.jpg  

we-play is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 15:43   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMWLN View Post
I've been given the address of Shuban HCMR Motor PVT LTD which is supposedly in Mohan Cooperative. I've tried looking them on Google, no information available. And Also called HSRP helpline to confirm if my order was processed or not, but not one answers.

Hi, I got my HSRP from Shuban HCMR today (8th Oct). It took me over 1 hour circling the area since Google maps were of no help. Please do not rely on google maps for Shubhan HCMR as it took me onto Delhi-Chennai expressway and unfortunately other folks who I spoke to were also unable to guide much since I was way off track. Cant comment for other locations.

To give you a summary of what needs to be done:
1) pick up the number plates from the Shuban workshop that is at A-9, Mohan Cooperative estate. It will not be easy to find on google maps. Search for the AMP Jaguar Land Rover Motors (very close to Sarita Vihar Metro station) and from ask someone where the Hyundai Shuban workshop is (stay in the service lane if you can). The workshop does not fix the number plates. You can only collect the plates and the stickers only here. You will need to hand the workshop team a print of your booking details (not sure if they can manage without a print, but I carried it since it was mentioned in the acknowledgement slip). The process of picking up the plates is also not streamlined at the workshop, but fortunately it doesnt take too long.

2) After picking up the plates at Shuban workshop, you will be asked to reach the Shuban showroom where the number plate will be fixed. The showroom is located close to Maruti Suzuki Rohan Motors. Again close to Sarita Vihar metro station, but about 2-3 KM from the workshop. Make sure you stay within the service lane when commuting between the workshop and showroom. The fixing of the plate is just about 5-10 minutes job. The showroom does not ask for any paperwork or ask you to register. There is no way to track if someone who has picked up the plates has got it fixed at the workshop or not.

The time taken to search the Shuban workshop and showroom took the bulk of the effort, but the fixing part is relatively ok. If you know your way around Delhi (esp. Mohan Cooperative estate), you should be ok. I dont know why they could not get the number plate fixed at the workshop only.

Happy to answer any specific queries.
aayusht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 17:54   #866

I got an HSRP for my Chevrolet Spark from Tata Motors Moti Nagar showroom (New Delhi). Total charges were Rs. 700 including the colour coded sticker. It took them 3-4 days after booking to get it ready. A lot of Chevrolet dealers switched with Tata when GM exited India, and they are taking Chevrolet cars for HSRP. So if anyone like me is looking to get an HSRP for their Chevrolet car this route is what I'd recommend.
Old 9th October 2020, 00:59   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitin View Post
I got an HSRP for my Chevrolet Spark from Tata Motors Moti Nagar showroom (New Delhi). Total charges were Rs. 700 including the colour coded sticker. It took them 3-4 days after booking to get it ready. A lot of Chevrolet dealers switched with Tata when GM exited India, and they are taking Chevrolet cars for HSRP. So if anyone like me is looking to get an HSRP for their Chevrolet car this route is what I'd recommend.
Since Chevroltet isn't mentioned in the OEM list, did you yourself select TATA as your OEM or something else? I am asking because BMW is also not listed and I have not been able to find a way around this yet. Ofcourse now with the latest news coming in, it seems that this whole fiasco has been put on hold for the time being.
Old 9th October 2020, 18:33   #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Since Chevroltet isn't mentioned in the OEM list, did you yourself select TATA as your OEM or something else? I am asking because BMW is also not listed and I have not been able to find a way around this yet. Ofcourse now with the latest news coming in, it seems that this whole fiasco has been put on hold for the time being.
I did not use the website, just called up the showroom (which was an ex-Chevrolet showroom) and sent the money directly to them via Paytm. They called back 3-4 days later that my plate was ready and I could get it installed whenever I wanted (no appointment). I went there a few days later and got it installed.

I'm not sure if they can also install plates for BMW, but if they are installing for Chevrolet, then why not? I would have said call a nearby Tata showroom to confirm, but you are right on this entire exercise being put on hold for now, and hopefully when it comes back again there would be a better system and an option for BMW.
jitin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 19:32   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hi Ayush, I have an HR number car and had got the HSRP from Gurgaon about 18 months back. At that time, I was not issued any sticker. When I read this news, I went back to the same place and got the sticker done within 2 mins and paid Rs 50 cash (without receipt).
Hey Eddy!, does your sticker have information like chassis number and Engine number? I got my sticker made today from Sonepat (both hologram and colour as I didn’t get both during registration in 2018) this is what i received today from official HSRP office. There is no chassis or engine number. Took 3 hours due to lunch going on from 2:00-3:30 High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-717440d6d43c473a80d17e703ff4df4b.jpeg
Schneller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 19:54   #870
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
Hey Eddy!, does your sticker have information like chassis number and Engine number?
Nopes. Mine is similar to yours, don't worry. Delhi stickers have all the details, not Haryana.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks