Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 11:18   #766
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Please advice me on how to get HSRP from Ghaziabad RTO.
Old 24th September 2019, 15:40   #767
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay2010 View Post
afaik HSRP is still not implemented in our good old 'Ulta Pradesh'. So the answer is wait. Hopefully it will be done. Yesterday I did see a lot of cars in the parking in a mall, with no plates, si maybe that is being done.
Old 18th October 2019, 07:30   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

Only authorised vehicle dealers to issue high-security number plates, hologram stickers

Quote:
​​​The Delhi transport department has issued an order, authorizing motor vehicle dealers for affixing of HSRP and colour-coded stickers through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Quote:
Vehicle owners in Delhi will have to get high-security registration number plates (HSRP) and fuel quality-based hologram stickers from authorised dealers
Quote:
Vehicles registered before April 1, 2019, will have to get HSRP and hologram-based stickers. New vehicles registered after April 1, 2019 come equipped with HSRP and stickers.
Link
Old 20th October 2019, 12:14   #769
BANNED

I heard some whumf about deals on the HSRP implementation. Is this the real reason. Of course our habit of having weird plates does no help.
Old 21st October 2019, 08:10   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Has this been launched for Noida registered cars? If such cars don't have these type of number plates, any issues while driving in Delhi/Chandigarh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay2010 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
afaik HSRP is still not implemented in our good old 'Ulta Pradesh'. So the answer is wait. Hopefully it will be done. Yesterday I did see a lot of cars in the parking in a mall, with no plates, si maybe that is being done.

These plates were implemented from 1st April'19 across all states by Morth. In Lucknow it is implemented and the plates take around 10 days to come to the dealer, who is responsible for thier fitment. As per ARAI circular, there is one dealer of HSRP in Noida in U.P. You can ask your car dealer for the same.
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:58   #771
Senior - BHPian

I got fined today (Rs.500) for my plates. They say the font is not allowed. By that logic, there should be 10000s of plates to be fined within the city.

Anyone could update where we can get the HSRP plates in Bangalore ?
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:09   #772
BHPian

I too have been fined by cops for number plates. This was on the new ring road between Nyandahalli and sumanahalli, where they catch overspeeding vehicles.

Since i know the exact spot where they stand with speed gun, i usually slow down but i was still stopped and was asked to pay up for faulty number plates!

This was before the new fines kicked in.

Would want to know about getting the HSRP in Bangalore
Old 28th October 2019, 11:01   #773
BHPian

The front number plate of my 2017 Suzuki Access has badly rusted now and looks horrible. The current ones were fitted by the dealer, and are of the stickered type. The numbers do keep coming off often in the rains, and I'm now thinking of getting embossed number plates which would be a permanent solution. Since HSRP plates are anyway mandatory for new vehicles now, would it not be a better idea to get them fixed, instead of getting some fake HSRPs from random shops? The problem is, nobody here has any clue on the procedure to get them for older vehicles. I contacted my suzuki dealer at Palakkad, KL, and even they are clueless; but they said the plates are being ordered from some Govt portal, for new vehicles. They advised me to just get embossed plates from some local shop.

Has anybody changed their regular number plates to HSRPs? Requesting fellow members to advise.

Last edited by ram.iyer95 : 28th October 2019 at 11:11.
Old 28th October 2019, 17:17   #774
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
The front number plate of my 2017 Suzuki Access has badly rusted now and looks horrible. The current ones were fitted by the dealer, and are of the stickered type. The numbers do keep coming off often in the rains, and I'm now thinking of getting embossed number plates which would be a permanent solution. Since HSRP plates are anyway mandatory for new vehicles now, would it not be a better idea to get them fixed, instead of getting some fake HSRPs from random shops? The problem is, nobody here has any clue on the procedure to get them for older vehicles. I contacted my suzuki dealer at Palakkad, KL, and even they are clueless; but they said the plates are being ordered from some Govt portal, for new vehicles. They advised me to just get embossed plates from some local shop.

Has anybody changed their regular number plates to HSRPs? Requesting fellow members to advise.
I'm having the same issue on my Ray-Z. But dealers in Kerala don't have any clue on how to get it for old vehicles.

May have to ask the RTO.
Old 28th October 2019, 17:28   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

In Karnataka, vehicles sold from April 2019 come with HSRP.

AFAIK, there is no mechanism or rule in place for earlier registered vehicles to have/get HSRP.
Old 28th October 2019, 22:04   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
In Karnataka, vehicles sold from April 2019 come with HSRP.

AFAIK, there is no mechanism or rule in place for earlier registered vehicles to have/get HSRP.
Usually it's done at the time of renewing the registration certificate of the vehicle, that is when the vehicle crosses 15 years in age and the registration need to be renewed after subjecting the vehicle to a "CF" or "Certificate of Fitness" test at the respective local RTO.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 22:33   #777
BHPian

I got my bike's HSRP plates from the dealer today. However, they did not come with any screws according to the dealer.

Can anyone confirm? Otherwise HSRP is just misleading.
Old 28th October 2019, 22:42   #778
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
I got my bike's HSRP plates from the dealer today. However, they did not come with any screws according to the dealer.

Can anyone confirm? Otherwise HSRP is just misleading.
There won't be any screws, just snaplocks. Post a picture of your number plate.
Old 8th February 2020, 18:02   #779
BANNED

Buyers of new vehicles in Bengal won't have to pay extra for registration plates - link

- The state Transport Department said that dealers have been instructed to deliver new vehicles to customers only after affixing the high-security registration plates (HSRP).

- The department has instructed all dealers to affix HSRPs without additional charges.

- State transport department's order was challenged in Culcatta High Court, however court upheld the transport department's order.
Quote:
The high court has upheld the order of the transport department, it said in a statement.

Under the new system, dealers will have to apply online for registration of new vehicles on behalf of the purchaser, it said, adding that on approval, the registration number of the vehicle will be generated, which the concerned dealer can access online.

The new protocol will ensure that the vehicle buyers would not have to wait longer for getting the HSRPs affixed on their vehicles following generation of registration numbers.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 18:30   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
- The state Transport Department said that dealers have been instructed to deliver new vehicles to customers only after affixing the high-security registration plates (HSRP).
Does that mean that there will be no temporary registration? What if someone wants to choose a specific number?
evoker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks