Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 08:35   #691
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Hi all, I have lost my front HSRP on my 2017 car, probably stolen or fell off somewhere. Can anybody tell me what is the correct procedure to get it replaced in Delhi? My car is registered in a Delhi RTO.
Thanks.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 07:20   #692
BANNED

I will raise this issue once again. Can we not regulate by demanding that all plates 'conform' to a standard design. They can carry the IS mark, and any other plates be declared illegal. The plates as well as the letters/numerals must follow a standard design-period. The whole HSRP issue then becomes unnecessary.
Old 14th September 2018, 11:50   #693

Half baked scheme......expect poor execution, harassment of the public at large and a field day for the cops in coming days!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65801853.cms
pushpindersingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 12:35   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpindersingh View Post
Half baked scheme......expect poor execution, harassment of the public at large and a field day for the cops in coming days!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65801853.cms
Exactly. I called up the local vendor some days back and he told me to first go to the local RTO, pay some fee and get the details of the vehicle in a particular format (paper). Then with the format, I need to visit him and then he'll give me a date (after 15 days or so) on which I need to visit him again to get the plates fixed. All this is pre today's notification.. imagine what would happen post October 2.

Edit: My RTO is 45 km from my residence one side. Rs. 2XX is cost of the plate and imagine the amount of fuel I'll be burning. Also, I cant go to the vendor which is close to my house (say a km or so).

Last edited by panky12345 : 14th September 2018 at 12:42.
Old 14th September 2018, 12:54   #695
Senior - BHPian

What about Vehicles that are not from NCR?

My car was registered in Pune (MH14), but am currently residing in NCR. Mine is not a High Security Number plate. What could/would happen to vehicle owners like me?
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 13:05   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
What about Vehicles that are not from NCR?

My car was registered in Pune (MH14), but am currently residing in NCR. Mine is not a High Security Number plate. What could/would happen to vehicle owners like me?
It is wicked.

They can stop you, and after you have handed over your DL, will tell you that the plate is wrong. When you explain it: they will say, pay now, and dispute in court. Impound DL, later dispute in court. Or let you off. Else there is always the other way.

My car series is not even up for HSRP yet in my RTO. Though I live in GGN. I had to suffer the above consequences. Cops on the street rarely understand logic or rationale, anyways.
asingh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 20:32   #697
BANNED

My car is registered in Pune & I now live in Bombay. What do I need to do? The address at which my car is registered - I don't even know who lives there. I am not sure if they got any intimation or what? My car is 2007 model car.

Last edited by carboy : 15th September 2018 at 20:33.
Old 6th October 2018, 19:03   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Exactly. I called up the local vendor some days back and he told me to first go to the local RTO, pay some fee and get the details of the vehicle in a particular format (paper). Then with the format, I need to visit him and then he'll give me a date (after 15 days or so) on which I need to visit him again to get the plates fixed. All this is pre today's notification.. imagine what would happen post October 2.

Edit: My RTO is 45 km from my residence one side. Rs. 2XX is cost of the plate and imagine the amount of fuel I'll be burning. Also, I cant go to the vendor which is close to my house (say a km or so).

6th of Oct is over yet we don't have any information about how to book online appointments.
Old 8th October 2018, 07:16   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
6th of Oct is over yet we don't have any information about how to book online appointments.
Exactly! No clues on transport dept website as well.

OT : Am also from Rohini.. lets connect.
Old 8th October 2018, 09:54   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Exactly! No clues on transport dept website as well.

OT : Am also from Rohini.. lets connect.
I see we have many tbhpians from Rohini, 2 days ago met someone from Rohini Sec. 3
Old 8th October 2018, 11:52   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
My car series is not even up for HSRP yet in my RTO. Though I live in GGN. I had to suffer the above consequences. Cops on the street rarely understand logic or rationale, anyways.
Last week I got HSRP plates made from the authorised agency in Gurgaon for my bike registered in Ambala (HR-01). It was from old series (HR-01-AB-XXXX), so I had to show the original RC from where they entered the relevant details in their system (Owner Name, Engine No., Chassis No., Make Model etc.) and made the plates.

During discussion, they informed that if the vehicle is registered in Haryana they can make the HSRP plate, but not for other state registered vehicles.
Old 8th October 2018, 17:25   #702
BANNED

I think we are in a dark area where out of state vehicles are concerned. I hope some sense prevails.

I still think while tightening on plates are required, this business of HSRP is a gross overkill.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 12:16   #703
BHPian

I talked to a guy who works in Janakpuri RTO, Delhi. He said HSRP appointment process is yet to begin, website isn't live yet.
Old 11th October 2018, 17:32   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Last week I got HSRP plates made from the authorised agency in Gurgaon for my bike registered in Ambala (HR-01). It was from old series (HR-01-AB-XXXX), so I had to show the original RC from where they entered the relevant details in their system (Owner Name, Engine No., Chassis No., Make Model etc.) and made the plates.

During discussion, they informed that if the vehicle is registered in Haryana they can make the HSRP plate, but not for other state registered vehicles.

Could you please share the details and process of getting these number plates? Who is the authorised agency?
Old 13th October 2018, 11:46   #705
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi, Vehicle Owners Asked To Get High-Security Registration Plate.

Quote:
Vehicles registered between January 2011 and April 2012 in Delhi will have to get high-security registration plate (HSRP) installed with the transport department issuing a public notice on this Friday.

According to the notice, the owners of vehicles registered between January 1, 2011- April 30, 2012, need to get HSRP from authorised vendors of transport department.
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-not.jpg

News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks