Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2018, 15:09   #676
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
What in the event the HSRP is damaged/broken or stolen? HYD RTO does not re-issue HSRP number plates. Have been using a simple one since the front plate was torn off the scoot by kids, a year ago.
I got my HSRP replaced some 12-15 months back. Sharing the process followed then.

I filed an online report with Delhi Police stating how and when I damaged the plate, paid HSRP fees at the concerned RTO where my car is registered and then had to go to the respective HSRP office for processing my request. HSRP took about 15 days to come.
white_vdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 15:21   #677
BHPian

Guys, am in a dilemma. I again was challaned for not having an HSRP. I called up the RTO authorized vendor (ROSMERTA HSRP) who make for DL3C cars, and he said 2011 model cars are not being issued HSRP. How do I make the Gurgaon traffic police understand this.
asingh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:36   #678
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
How do I make the Gurgaon traffic police understand this.
Why not contact the HSRP supplier over email and forward the same to Gurgaon traffic police along with the challan received by you?!

This should help IMO.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 09:21   #679
Team-BHP Support

At least my RTO is issuing the HSRP within two days of filing for one. My Swift's challan was submitted yesterday and I was asked to go and get the registration plate today.

They have automated SMS's for every fee deposited, from road tax to choice number fees to HSRP plates, they have covered it all. And merely Rs. 335 for HSRP's.
Old 20th April 2018, 10:26   #680
BHPian

Hi,

I have the High Security Plates on my Safari but the sticker was torn as the windshield had to be changed due to a hit by a flying stone.

Does anyone know what's the process to only get this sticker from RTO, in my case Dehradun RTO.
Also, has anyone ever been stopped for not having this sticker similar to drive for HSRPs?

Thanks,
Ajit
Old 20th April 2018, 14:18   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
At least my RTO is issuing the HSRP within two days of filing for one. My Swift's challan was submitted yesterday and I was asked to go and get the registration plate today.

They have automated SMS's for every fee deposited, from road tax to choice number fees to HSRP plates, they have covered it all. And merely Rs. 335 for HSRP's.
Was it for a new Swift or were you changing plates for an older vehicle? I am yet to get the smart card RC for my 3 week old Polo GT even though the number has been allotted. I have the RC details on the mParivahan app but I was told that the plates will not be made unless the smart card is issued. My temo registration is about to expire and I don't think I'll get the smart card anytime soon.

Any pointers on this situation?
Old 20th April 2018, 18:57   #682
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
Was it for a new Swift or were you changing plates for an older vehicle?
Any pointers on this situation?
Doesn’t matter if it is for the old or new car. The HSRP of my car is ready. You can get your HSRP made of older cars (say maybe after 2012, when system became online or something) within 2 days. Sharing a screenshot.

RC card will take maybe 10 days or longer but can be hurried if you pay extra. Of course as bribe. You got SMS updates at Patna?
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-1c1e66ad4b9a48f8941d4bb143439bc0.png  

Old 20th April 2018, 20:40   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Doesn’t matter if it is for the old or new car. The HSRP of my car is ready. You can get your HSRP made of older cars (say maybe after 2012, when system became online or something) within 2 days. Sharing a screenshot.

RC card will take maybe 10 days or longer but can be hurried if you pay extra. Of course as bribe. You got SMS updates at Patna?
I ought to hqve made myswlf a bit more clear. My bad. The thing is that they didn't even take the payment for the process. They say that they can do it only when the Smart card is ready. And people have been waiying for quite a few months to get that.
Old 21st April 2018, 08:51   #684
Team-BHP Support

Probably they are lying. You may see that I submitted everything on Thursday and on Friday I got all SMS’s including the HSRP SMS.

Try speaking with the DTO on one to one basis and you may show my SMS. When this can happen in Purnia, why not in the capital?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 17:00   #685
BHPian

A friend's 2016 Baleno (HR 26) was stopped by cops in Gurgaon for not sporting the high security number plate. What is the exact rule or rule specific to Gurgaon/NCR. Is it with retrospective effect or upto a certain year of registration.

Asking for my 2011 HR 26 registered car which doesn't have HSRP. There is some ambiguity. Cannot figure out from Google.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by promit : 15th May 2018 at 17:03.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 14:15   #686
Team-BHP Support

^From what I recall, cars from 2006 onward should have HSRP's. Though, please confirm with authorities.
Old 25th May 2018, 11:32   #687
BHPian

Any advice on getting HSRP for out of state registration? My dad's Optra is registered in Vadodara GJ 06, and he moved with me last couple of years, in Gurgaon. How do we get HSRP plates for his car, now in Gurgaon? Any pointers? (I searched online extensively, but didn't find anything)

Thanks for any help.
anupamjain2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 09:41   #688
BHPian

Has anyone tried getting HSRP in UP 14 (Ghaziabad RTO)? I don't know if they provide HSRP and if they do, how do I apply for one (I have a new vehicle, registered just a few days ago).
Old 28th August 2018, 12:46   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
In Gujarat, the last date to install HSRP is 15th Feb 2018. Everyone is trying to book an online appointment for it. Due to heavy rush on the website, www.hsrpgujarat.com is temporarily not available. However, I was able to book an appointment for my 2011 RE 350.
Today, I applied(at Anand RTO, Gujarat) for HSRP number plate for my 2011 Royal Enfield 350CC. I paid Rs.300 along with RC book, Insurance Certificate and PUC. As per the vendor, new number plates will be ready within four working days.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 22:04   #690
BHPian

Can we get the HSRP from Pune RTO or is it yet to be implemented? Also, I noticed certain cars in Pune with IND style plates but they had orange side bar on the left instead of usual blue. Does it mean anything? Or just the latest trend?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks