Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 18:24   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

rjstyles69,

My plates:

Front:

Back:

Both are of the same size. The nuts you see are the snap lock nuts - their tops are to be sheared away making them unremovable. They come with the plates by default.

Btw the pics are directly from the N73 - only reduced in size. The 1st pic's "special effects" are also from the N73 unintentionally. Notice the "IND" hot etched onto the embossed reg letters and numbers. And the Ashoka Chakra hologram above the "IND" letters on the left

Last edited by theMAG : 11th April 2007 at 18:30.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2007, 19:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

how about the mounting holes? Each car has different spacing. seeing the bike pic of the plate I'm sure you should be able to get it in different shapes.

For the Alto's rear it has to be across 2 lines whereas the lancers plate shape is trapezoidal at the rear and very small at the front.

What happens if you hit somewhere and the snaplock thingamajig breaks? It's jutting out so much, I park my cars so that the fronts of both the cars kiss each each other. in that case they may break.

ps: maggie you still havent learned how to use a camera phone.
Old 25th April 2007, 13:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

You can source the plates from Near Rajeswari theathre on Airport Road Near KEMP FORTE in Bangalore. The dealer's name is Mr. Rajashanker and you can call him on 9341230174 . It cost rs 750 for me and they come in only two standards sizes 55cmsx12cms (Single line) and 34cmx20cm ( Two Line )

The Mounting Holes are not drilled when the plates are made the idea is to let the people installing the number plates to drill the holes to their own requirements, and yes these number plates come with their own non- removable screws to fix them which is optional. You could still go ahead and use the normal Screws
Old 25th April 2007, 15:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Mahesh thanks for that mate.. The dimensions still remains a big question mark. Vid has mentioned that.
If you look closely at the rear number plate slot of the baleno, there is an extra impression/layer inward and I clearly dont understand what the purpose of that is ?

Guess I will stick to changing the front plates and for the rear have a number plate custom made.
Old 25th April 2007, 15:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

One question here. Has the Govt. finalised on the actual design and security measures for number plates? From what I heard, they have still not decided precisely what should and should not be on a plate, and who/where to get it from. So I just hope its not a case of buying new plates again once they actually bring this into force.
Old 25th April 2007, 22:11   #21
BHPian

BTW its quite simple to open these plates up, All you need is an Ari-Sort of a metal saw which plumbers use to make a goove on the screw center to fit in a screw driver- How do I knw ? Well When my bumper was replaced in the Lancer, The Existing Security Plate was removed and refitted in the same way..In India every thing is possible..!

However a Thief would take some time and also the giss giss noise can attract attention
Old 25th April 2007, 22:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

No the plate design is not final....we will have to install new plates once the design has been updated.

I got my plates. Haven't got the time to install them yet.

Drifter
Old 25th April 2007, 22:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
No the plate design is not final....we will have to install new plates once the design has been updated.

Drifter
Thanks for the confirmation! So it's better to wait till the Govt. finally makes up their mind.

About the anti-tamper screws - I've never heard of a case of someone stealing number plates!
Old 25th April 2007, 22:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
About the anti-tamper screws - I've never heard of a case of someone stealing number plates!
NO one steals number plates.
Its more to do when a car is stolen and plates are removed or changed.
Also most in illegal street races..cars run without their number plates.
Old 29th April 2007, 10:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
rjstyles69,

My plates:

Front:

Back:

Both are of the same size. The nuts you see are the snap lock nuts - their tops are to be sheared away making them unremovable. They come with the plates by default.

Btw the pics are directly from the N73 - only reduced in size. The 1st pic's "special effects" are also from the N73 unintentionally. Notice the "IND" hot etched onto the embossed reg letters and numbers. And the Ashoka Chakra hologram above the "IND" letters on the left

Hi Mag,

Was just wondering, u said he plates are unremovable. What if one needs to remove the plate say inorder to repair the bumper or something. What then?

Epic
Old 29th April 2007, 10:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post

I got my plates. Haven't got the time to install them yet.

Drifter

Hi Drifter,

What is the procedure of getting these number plates and where do you go to get the same?

Epic
Old 29th April 2007, 11:04   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Mag,

Was just wondering, u said he plates are unremovable. What if one needs to remove the plate say inorder to repair the bumper or something. What then?

Epic
Do as I've done - dont shear off the top of the nuts, or use normal screws instead.
Old 29th April 2007, 11:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Drifter, from where did you get those plates?!
They do not have the chromium chakra hologram.
Old 29th April 2007, 12:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

The plates are from signkraft, jogeshwari.
9821178461 - Parin Patel.

@gordon: yeah i know, the design is not yet finalised, so i'l have to get the new plates any way, also according to him, the rto will give a time frame of 2 years for everyone to switch to security plates, so i can keep these for that much time atleast. Reason i went for them was their looks. The font and emboss effect looks really nice.

Drifter
Old 27th May 2007, 04:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Click on this link here for more details of the same.

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks