Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2022, 21:39   #406

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
No mater how much I zoom, I cannot see the "P" marking on the gear selector.
Looks to be the same layout as my XL6 AT. Definitely not AMT as the layout for AMT usually has a space to the left. The P seems to be obscured by the cover for the gear lever.
carreragt6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 21:52   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Anyways, let me explain for you - a 2022 launch model having door handles from 2011 is not very pleasing especially those who are upgrading from such 2011 models.
Buddy they are just door handles. Also I think even Creta and Venue share same door handles which should not be much different from the handles on previous generation.

Also looks like they have removed front armrest and auto dimming rear view mirror
midazolam is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 22:04   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Why such a thick roof? It reminds me of the Tata Sumo!

Is it to accommodate the sunroof? Even then, it looks too much for this vehicle.
The image has tons of distortion so don't judge based on this...
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 22:22   #409
BHPian

I was really hoping that they would provide ventilated seats just like XL6. But it seems like that it was too much to ask from MS.
Old 8th June 2022, 22:42   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Lol, never thought my english was very complex. Anyways, let me explain for you - a 2022 launch model having door handles from 2011 is not very pleasing especially those who are upgrading from such 2011 models.

Also, why would you compare with a Tesla ? Any rational ?
I don't think anyone misunderstood what you were calling out, its just that what you are calling out (door handles specifically) isn't something that changes across generations, and its true not just for Maruti but for almost every other manufacturer.

I owned a 3 series from 2011, and then another one from 2020, and guess what the door handles haven't changed.
bimmer1988 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 23:15   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
Maruti has taken parts sharing to the zenith... Door handles, headlight switch, power windows switch.. They haven't changed then since 10 years and are using the same across swift and baleno.
And now the whole AC setup, steering wheel, infotainment system.. Perhaps even the instrument cluster... They are sharing it with Baleno and the Brezza.
Clicking pictures of these one can't tell which car it is in.
I don't think any other manufacturer anywhere in the world does this.
So much for cost cutting
Would like to correct you here.
Firstly, sharing parts is not anything bad, it is actually good since it saves the costs for developing new switches for every model. Plus, part sharing proves to be beneficial when you are selling a car that aims to last long even if it doesn't do well on the sales charts. i.e. the Ritz while not a blockbuster, has no complains for parts availability even today, since it shared parts with many models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Would digress from the topic slightly, cost cutting is lowering quality of parts, deleting features to some specific market etc.
It's a trade-off between having cheap parts readily available as spares AND looking very common across models VS having to wait for costlier parts WHILE looking a stand-out product.
Exactly! I don't get it why people create such hue and cry about parts sharing!! I mean it is better than waiting for a month for parts arrival of your "unique" 15 lakh rupee commuter car atleast lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
6 speed TC was there in Ecosport since 2017 IIRC. So not really segment first but much welcome.

I just hope they haven’t gone to heart-attack platform (heartect), thereby jeopardising the previous 4* rating.
1. The 6 speed TC is not first in segment, but is still unique to the Brezza since Ford fled last year.
2. I think it has been clarified enough times that this car is just a major update to the 1st gen Brezza and shares platform with the same. Not sure why that is still a doubt to many!

Quote:
a 2022 launch model having door handles from 2011 is not very pleasing especially those who are upgrading from such 2011 models.
Well, it is certainly very pleasing when you get the car parts even 15 years post discontinuation since there might be some car that still comes with the same parts. A manufacturer like Tata or Hyundai whose cars do not last long won't have to worry about this, but I'm sure the Japanese need to worry about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
HUD, paddle shifters, 360° cameras, sunroof. Yet, they removed the front armrest?
Seems like it is removed from this vehicle only, since both the 2022 Baleno and 2022 XL6 get them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
I was really hoping that they would provide ventilated seats just like XL6. But it seems like that it was too much to ask from MS.
Well, Hyundai the mother of all gimmicks didn't bother to provide them in the 2022 Venue. Not sure why Maruti should bother if the gimmick king itself hasn't provided it!
theAutomaniac is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 08:55   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
No mater how much I zoom, I cannot see the "P" marking on the gear selector . I heard that this has 6 speed torque convertor and not the rabid AMT. Can someone please confirm.
It’s 6AT like New XL6. Check out this picture of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-e3c01a7099494ee19831b88a4e458995.jpeg  

VeBdrivE is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 09:16   #413
BHPian

Looks ultra boxy and disproportionate. Is it the camera angle to be blamed by any chance? I remember XUV 700 also received similar criticism due to unclear and disproportionate images.
Old 9th June 2022, 09:27   #414
BHPian

Folks !!
There are two variants in the leaked images. One maybe the top model with silver accents in the bottom part of the steering wheel and the other, maybe a mid variant with grey accents on the steering wheel -which is not leather wrapped.

Hence, the confusion with regards to the features availability/ distribution.

Rest assured, Maruti will not skimp on any features for this vehicle as we have already witnessed with the new Baleno. Both being major revised versions of their previous ones.
DebarshiSharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 09:31   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post

Well, Hyundai the mother of all gimmicks didn't bother to provide them in the 2022 Venue. Not sure why Maruti should bother if the gimmick king itself hasn't provided it!

Well, Kia Sonet top variant provides ventilated seats. Brezza top trim is expected to be priced closed to that of Sonet. So it's a fair expectation.
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 10:12   #416

Quote:
A manufacturer like Tata or Hyundai whose cars do not last long won't have to worry about this, but I'm sure the Japanese need to worry about this!
While I don't mind parts sharing, talking specifically about that interior, the steering wheel does look out of place in a car which is pitched as an SUV. (Because it's been lifted off from a hatchback)

That's why MS has never been able to crack the true premium segment because of parts sharing. Imagine getting inside of your 16 lacs+ car and finding 90% of parts being shared from a B segment hatchback.

Also, your bias is clearly showing, where did Tata and Hyundai come into the discussion and how can you declare that their products do not last long? I have seen various long ownership threads of Tata and hyundai vehicles on this forum itself.

Quote:
A Specific feature not being provided by another manufacturer doesn't give Maruti the leverage of not providing the same, instead they could've used it as their advantage.
Manualpurist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 11:37   #417
BHPian

Came to know from a birdie that the Brezza might even come with Ambient lighting in the front and rear in the top spec model
Old 9th June 2022, 11:49   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Came to know from a birdie that the Brezza might even come with Ambient lighting in the front and rear in the top spec model
In the last set of scoop pics, in the pic showing the HUD, I thought it might be lens aberration showing blue light in footwell area and mobile storage area. But now seems like this is ambient lighting indeed!
Old 9th June 2022, 11:52   #419
BHPian

Maybe it's the camera angle, the new Brezza looks like an MPV. Might turn off a lot of people who want sharper, SUV-ish look
Old 9th June 2022, 12:48   #420
Senior - BHPian

Whoever is clicking pictures / posting them from the original source are purposely making it look distorted to create a bad image on the design just like they did with XUV7OO last year.

These stretched images also makes the car look like the facelift version of XL6 from rear quarter

Nevertheless, this car will hit home run for sure just like it’s predecessor did. This will create a bit of pressure on Tata to add features to Nexon to keep it going on the sales chart! The only 2 edge for Nexon over Brezza is their Diesel engine offering coupled with 5 star strong rating.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks