Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 12:59   #526
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post

Agreed. Their marketing gimmick of creating appealing entry prices by plonking the hapless 1.2 litre engines into sub compact SUVs leave a bad taste in the mouth.
Agreed that the anemic NA 1.2 petrol in sub-compact (sub 4m) SUVs are a real kill joy - but it is a result of govt policy and the SUV craze. People originally in a market for say a hatchback or even a compact (sub 4m) sedan, can only stretch their budget as much, to jump onto the SUV bandwagon and get all the flashy features also - this is where this 1.2 NA engine comes in.

Having said that, Maruti's real advantage is its 1.5L NA petrol. Though the adage of "no replacement for displacement" is not really valid in this turbo age, but three cylinder turbo petrols don't cut the mustard for me, especially if they are priced close to more competent 4 cylinder diesel variants.

Maruti / Suzuki's petrol engines are renowned for their refinement, power delivery and fuel efficiency - and hence rated even above smaller capacity Honda petrol engines in some cases (atleast in India) due to better drivability and fuel efficiency.

The premium that manufacturers are charging for 3 cylinder turbo petrols is too much, in my opinion (in some cases, not offering the turbo engine option in lower variants). Turbo petrols should ideally be replacing anemic 1.2 NA engines, but unlikely in the near future - will take more time, but ultimately might happen.
jessie007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 13:03   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey Folks..

Just a question, is the booking for Brezza refundable? I am unable to find any comment on that.

Thanks in advance

Dealer bookings are subject to a cancellation fee of 1K (in Bangalore). Fully refundable if you book online. According to their website: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/terms-of-use

Scroll down to the end.
Old 21st June 2022, 14:27   #528
BHPian

I tried booking online but Faridabad is not listed under the list of cities for Haryana
Attached Thumbnails
The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-screenshot-20220621-142417.png  

Old 21st June 2022, 15:12   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Agreed that the anemic NA 1.2 petrol in sub-compact (sub 4m) SUVs are a real kill joy - but it is a result of govt policy and the SUV craze. People originally in a market for say a hatchback or even a compact (sub 4m) sedan, can only stretch their budget as much, to jump onto the SUV bandwagon and get all the flashy features also - this is where this 1.2 NA engine comes in.
I concur on much of the points you make here. Like you said its the 1.5 NA Engine which is maruti's trump card. When you weed out all the marketing shenanigans and really come down to brass tacks, the value you get from maruti in the Sub-4 metre segment is monumental. The Top spec Brezza ZXI plus (MT) with the 1.5 NA costs less than the Hyndai Venue SX (MT) with the 1.2 NA engine. There really is no comparison. Its just that the other manufacturers have the better quality control and polish overall.

I understand that the "no replacement for displacement" concept has been levelled out largely with the turbo engines in most places but for people like me in places where bad roads with steep inclines is the order of the day, the adage still holds a lot of juice. The low end power delivery on call is essential. I drove the TATA nexon turbo petrol and found it floundering in the slow moving uphill traffic making it a teeth gratingly frustrating experience. Here the Maruti's 1.5 NA still remains a massive advantage even though the the turbos shine while speeding the levelled highways. This is not to mention the much more expensive maintenance cost of the turbos engines.

Regarding the renowned power delivery of maruti engines that you mentioned, we have to hold judgment for the upcoming brezza I think. There are many reviews here and elsewhere that the new dual jet engine has had an adverse effect with power on the 1.5 NA engine especially on the recently released XL6. So fingers crossed on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
That is correct. Same is the case with Sizzling Red single-tone color. It will not be available in top trims ZXI and ZXI+. Only available as dual-tone options.
So maruti had to add a lemon into what was building up to be sumptuous launch.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st June 2022 at 15:44. Reason: Quote content trimmed
TribalRoar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 15:32   #530
BHPian

Got an update from the showroom people.
The new brezza will not have ventilated seats. This is a bit of a let down.
360 degree camera, 6 airbags, diamond cut alloy will only be given in the top variant zxi+.
Sunroof will be present in zxi and zxi+.
Shonith is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 16:38   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza with front armrest in new spy pics:

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki offering to offer both front and rear armrests

Quote:
The new leaked video also reveals other features like:
A freestanding touchscreen infotainment system
Head-up display
Steering-mounted controls
Wireless phone charger
Height-adjustable front seatbelts
360-degree parking camera
LED headlights
Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
Auto AC
Name:  2687152022brezzainterior.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  730503brezzafrontarmrest.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  19.5 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 17:53   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
360 degree camera, 6 airbags, diamond cut alloy will only be given in the top variant zxi+.
Clearly seems fake! 6 airbags are present in Baleno Zeta and Alpha hence there is no way that only ZXI+ variant will get them! Since Brezza is almost 1.5 lakhs pricier than the Baleno, I bet Maruti will offer them as standard on both ZXI and ZXI+ if not on all variants.

Ventilated seats, although cool but would've made the prices increase by around 40-50k and since the Brezza will definitely be expensive, people would've called it overpriced just like what happened to the XL6.
I feel it is best if Maruti introduces them at a later stage with a minor facelift (Just like they uplifted the looks a bit when introducing AMT in 2017)
Old 21st June 2022, 18:16   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Clearly seems fake! 6 airbags are present in Baleno Zeta and Alpha hence there is no way that only ZXI+ variant will get them! Since Brezza is almost 1.5 lakhs pricier than the Baleno, I bet Maruti will offer them as standard on both ZXI and ZXI+ if not on all variants.....
The Brezza is an Arena product. So, naturally, there will be differentiation from Baleno even in terms of safety items distribution. The current segment benchmark also is of similar condition. So, i guess it is not improbable if Zxi variant does not have 6 airbags.
Carma2017 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 18:30   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Clearly seems fake! 6 airbags are present in Baleno Zeta and Alpha hence there is no way that only ZXI+ variant will get them! Since Brezza is almost 1.5 lakhs pricier than the Baleno, I bet Maruti will offer them as standard on both ZXI and ZXI+ if not on all variants.
I am just conveying what the showroom had told me. You can confirm the same from the showroom as they have received training about the new car.
Shonith is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 20:20   #535
BHPian

I wish it had wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
100Rabh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 20:34   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The current segment benchmark also is of similar condition. So, i guess it is not improbable if Zxi variant does not have 6 airbags.
Man if they do this, it will be a major disappointment! I'm sure there are 1000s like me who would prefer to save money on a car with 6 airbags but no hot and new tech!
Also, I have heard that if a manufacturer has to target a decent score at NCAP tests, they would have to have 6 airbags in more than 50% of the variants sold. (Bhpian Ron178, correct me if I'm wrong!)
Hence, I don't think Maruti would want to degrade from a 4 star rating to something less from a marketing POV.

Quote:
I am just conveying what the showroom had told me. You can confirm the same from the showroom as they have received training about the new car.
Nothing wrong with what you conveyed. I just meant that half of the time Maruti dealers are clueless about new launches even after the sales training. Most recent case being where a dealer sent a wrong teaser image with wrong info when the 2022 Baleno was launched. Heck an RM sent me edited images when I asked him about the Baleno (this was only 2-3 days before the car's launch!)

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 21st June 2022 at 20:36.
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 21:11   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if a manufacturer has to target a decent score at NCAP tests, they would have to have 6 airbags in more than 50% of the variants sold. (Bhpian Ron178, correct me if I'm wrong!)
For a 4-star GNCAP rating with a 2022/23 datestamp the curtain airbag can be optional on any one variant, for 5 stars it has to be fit to 30% of production volume (not fraction of variants) for 2022 and 50% for 2023.

The performance test is an old Euro NCAP side pole crash and the performance criteria are only dummy readings and no further penalties: <5% risk of serious, severe or critical injury for the head and <UN limits for other body parts.

For 4 stars in-house data is accepted, for 5 stars Maruti will have to pay for an official test at a GNCAP accredited laboratory, so we'll have to see what they do because shipping to Germany is expensive. It would give them a sales argument, especially if the GNCAP decides to assess its new biggest rival the Nexon against the new protocols (max. 3 stars, no side head protection).

3 stars should likely be easy for the Brezza to match, the current one already has good car-to-car frontal impact performance and SUVs normally do well in the side impact with the trolley, which simulates a small car striking the driver's door. If Maruti is willing to do the extra stuff for a GNCAP rating, which is the bigger question here (because of sour history), then I don't see why this can't be a 5 star car for adult protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
So, i guess it is not improbable if Zxi variant does not have 6 airbags.
Will this have three-point seatbelts for all seats and/or rear belt reminders?
ron178 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 21:19   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post

Having said that, Maruti's real advantage is its 1.5L NA petrol. Though the adage of "no replacement for displacement" is not really valid in this turbo age, but three cylinder turbo petrols don't cut the mustard for me, especially if they are priced close to more competent 4 cylinder diesel variants.
From reliability and low maintenance POV the 1.5 NA might be Maruti’s real advantage but for someone like it might be the only sour point in the whole package!
The 3 cylinder turbo petrols might not be as refined as this 1.5 NA and might also have some turbo lag (correct gearing can help) but the extra torque from the turbo would definitely make them far more fun to drive than the 1.5 NA which would be tuned for maximum efficiency, being a Maruti.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 08:30   #539
BHPian

Quote:
There MS Executive Director S. Srivastava has confirmed that The Brezza will have ventilated seats.

Old 22nd June 2022, 09:31   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
There MS Executive Director S. Srivastava has confirmed that The Brezza will have ventilated seats.

https://https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=bsEurK1qbIk
The wording has me doubting this slightly “we have the electric sunroof, we have the ventilated seats which we introduced in the xl6”.. and the fact that Mr. Srivastava was fumbling a little with the list of features at that point.

However, boy do I wish this is true 🤩
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks