Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 19:49   #601
SDx
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
May be it's just me but in the picture reverse camera quality looks much better than what is provided in XL6. I am hoping that it has actually been improved rather than an enhanced image.
Old 24th June 2022, 20:25   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDx View Post
May be it's just me but in the picture reverse camera quality looks much better than what is provided in XL6. I am hoping that it has actually been improved rather than an enhanced image.
Im afraid you'd be disappointed to know that the image is fake. The top view and the rear view dont match.

Thats not to say that the camera doesnt have that quality, but given that the image is fake, there is a high chance that it indeed is of a lower quality than what youre expecting based off of that marketing pic.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 20:43   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDx View Post
Even i thought that but then the image shown is not actual and it's creative visualisation.

Maruti will not create a new set of better resolution cameras for Brezza. They will continue to share their parts with XL6 Ertiga Baleno Swift Ignis.

When their infotainment system is the same as the one in Baleno there is no way they will use higher resolution cameras here.
Gupts007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 22:24   #604
BHPian

So I have both Nexon and Brezza booked this month. Deciding factor will definitely be Brezza safety standards, if platform change rumour is true then I will probably go with Nexon instead of Brezza. Nothing should matter over individual safety and life. My own mileage is more important than the car

Jokes apart, it’s very disappointing how 6 airbags aren’t present in lower trims, isn’t there an upcoming government norm from October mandating 6 airbags ?
rishi.roger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 08:34   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
So I have both Nexon and Brezza booked this month. Deciding factor will definitely be Brezza safety standards, if platform change rumour is true then I will probably go with Nexon instead of Brezza. Nothing should matter over individual safety and life. My own mileage is more important than the car

Jokes apart, it’s very disappointing how 6 airbags aren’t present in lower trims, isn’t there an upcoming government norm from October mandating 6 airbags ?
I am in the same boat. Never liked Maruti because of the reputation it had created itself for safety. But the SCross and Brezza had made me rethink earlier.

Thinking of booking the new Brezza due to 6 speed TC and better overall package over AMT Nexon. Keep us posted on your decision.
rachetandclank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 09:50   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post

5. Since you said that one must go to Tata-Mahindra for safety, et me remind you that Tata is currently the only manufacturer that does not offer basic Active Safety tech like Hill Hold Control and 6 airbags on most of their cars! Plus, the Nexon is prone to topple very easily as per what we have seen on the internet!
Isn't it that tata Nexon offers ESP and Hill hold assist from the base variant which other manufacturers are offering only on higher variants. Please correct me for any misconception I am putting.

Also I don't think in team bhp fake facts stays for long as other team members jump in with relevant information to correct it.

Last edited by neutron : 25th June 2022 at 09:53. Reason: Cosmetic
neutron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 10:33   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Interestingly, Maruti has never recommended a CSR to Global NCAP for their cars and they always get points deducted for that.
Maruti has recommended a CRS for every SaferCarsForIndia test so far.

Maruti's problem is more about selecting the wrong CRSs, eg. placing the 1.5 year-old forward-facing in the old Brezza (see the difference rearward-facing made in the Urban Cruiser). They also sometimes select bad child seats, I think they have some partnership with Luster and the selected them for the Wagon R test, and they had horrible dynamics. The CRS for the three year-old (on the driver-side in the video) was partially ejected.

Last edited by ron178 : 25th June 2022 at 10:38.
Old 25th June 2022, 12:44   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Maruti has recommended a CRS for every SaferCarsForIndia test so far..
I am sorry but what is the source of this information. Because Suzuki has publicly refused to acknowledge the existence of GNCAP for India operations. So, there is no question of recommending CRS. As far as I know that is the publicly stated position.

Interestingly, I guess now that BNCAP is being notified, they will have to put in the same efforts as they would have had to for GNCAP to get a decent rating. Only difference probably is that BNCAP is government ratings. Does that justify the previous reticence?
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 13:30   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I am sorry but what is the source of this information.
No problem and sorry I should have cited a source earlier.

When the manufacturer declines selecting a CRS it is published in the technical report for the result (available at www.globalncap.org/safercarsforindia). In India this has only happened twice, with the Hyundai i10 Nios and Kia Seltos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Suzuki has publicly refused to acknowledge the existence of GNCAP for India operations
Global NCAP contacts manufacturers to supply required data (CRSs, passenger compartment adjustments etc) and invites a representative to witness the test setup. They can liaise with the lab to collect data to determine the rating themselves and decide the course of action.

I don't know if Suzuki still attends the tests but at least in 2014 there was clearly a Suzuki engineer at the laboratory during the press event they held for the Swift with optional airbags (there is a video on NDTV. YouTube: NDTV "Car And Bike Show - Safer cars for India" March 19 2014).

Suzuki claim the GNCAP is a racket by airbag suppliers (YouTube: CNBC-TV18 "Global NCAP's Indian Crash Test Results: 5 Indian Car Models Get Zero Star Rating" May 23 2016).

Out of the global manufacturers I think only Toyota, Nissan, Renault and briefly Volkswagen have ever used GNCAP results in marketing material. Honda sent out a brief statement saying they were pleased with the results, Hyundai decline to comment or send a "our products meet legislation" one-liner and Suzuki make hostile statements about the GNCAP.

Last edited by ron178 : 25th June 2022 at 13:49. Reason: punctuation
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 14:04   #610

I booked for the upcoming Brezza on 9th June with a dealer for amount of 11000. I was informed that they had to take booking for the old/current model as they do not have the code for new Brezza to enter into their system while booking. And i was told that once new code is available with them, the booking will be converted to new model directly. Yesterday, I received a cancellation message from Maruti which the dealer was not aware of. And today I received booking confirmation message again. In short, my booking was cancelled yesterday and then booked again today. Am I not at loss, as I presume my original bookind dated 9th June stands cancelled? Or is there any way to confirm or check my booking priority will be higher as I booked on 9th June? I kind of lost trust on the dealer as he was unaware of cancellation and only re-booked when he was quizzed by myself. I feel something has gone wrong and individuals who booked on 20 June would get priority since they booked 5 daye before me?
Old 27th June 2022, 22:12   #611
BHPian

I am in the same situation with my booking made end of May being canceled and rebooked. Spoke to my SA on the re-booking and understood that the priority is being retained for early bookings received.
Audik75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 23:10   #612
VIZ
BHPian

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...this-week/amp/

New Brezza dimension leaked.

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-2022marutibrezzatypeapprovalimg11118x720.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-2022marutibrezzatypeapprovalimg21278x720.jpg

Slight increase in height seen in new Brezza

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th June 2022 at 06:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged
VIZ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 01:34   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Some questions arise from those images:

Image-1: It seems Maruti is playing Optional (O) variant strategy for each LXI, VXI, ZXI. Hope Optional (O) is only for dual color exteriors and not for features. There is LXI (O) but no LXI. On the other hand ZXI (O) if meant for six airbags would be serving interest for many.

Image-2: I don't see a VXI AT there.
Old 28th June 2022, 05:28   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharm27 View Post
Some questions arise from those images:
Both, LXi variant and VXi AT variant are present. Look at the images again, they are the base variants in these documents and printed in bold letters.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 06:46   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post

New Brezza dimension leaked.

Just noticed that this is also a hybrid engine, should be a mild one. Maybe I haven’t been paying close attention, but it comes as a surprise. Do we have any other hybrid engines in the sub 4 meter?

Last edited by ajayc123 : 28th June 2022 at 07:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks