Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 10:19   #721
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

To me it seems that the day they get their NCAP scores for the New Brezza (it's likely going to be 5 star), it will take over the sales scores too. People won't mind spending a lakh extra given Maruti After Sales and Reliability/Fuel Efficiency will return them that money in long run.
Also, other safer cars (Nexon/XUV300) come with AMT, so Brezza clearly has upper hand.
The only space I see it lacks is a bit in power segment that too I believe is for Highway rides.
I already purchased Nexon just yesterday for some reasons but If I had the availability of Brezza immediately then I wouldn't mind going for it - (given that they platform is indeed the same/improved).
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 10:22   #722
BHPian

Car prices has not come down in recent past. Even festive season discount seem to bring down the price just a little bit but not significant enough to change decisions.

I have a feeling brezza will be no different in about 3 to 4 months the price may hike just like it has always been in recent times. People who are having second thoughts about buying it surely need to consider the possibility of price hike in the near future. People who have already booked also need to consider the fact that in a year or 2 this car might have gone up in value by a significant amount.

These are thoughts that are making me to go with the purchase and not worry about what would be a better alternative.
Shonith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 10:24   #723
BHPian

Do not wish to write a long post so in short "it is way too expensive" even after factoring the updated equipment. Let's not blame taxes as the same slab is applicable to the outgoing model. This pricing for sure will create confusion to a calculative buyer (Not the folks who blindly buy a Maruti).
Abhikumar629 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 10:40   #724
BHPian

Dont know why but the rear gives me Magnite vibe and the front gives me Kiger vibe. Overall, I think, its a good product with proper 6 speed AT and all bells n whistles. Waiting for Toyota to put on mini Fortuner (current gen like) grill to it. This should sell in good numbers.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 10:41   #725
BHPian

What if Maruti has deliberately priced new Brezza a bit high just to create a price band for the rumoured Baleno based Crossover?
The Baleno based Crossover could use less features and smaller engine which will help it sell for lesser price.
noblebeam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 10:48   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Dont know why but the rear gives me Magnite vibe and the front gives me Kiger vibe. Overall, I think, its a good product with proper 6 speed AT and all bells n whistles. Waiting for Toyota to put on mini Fortuner (current gen like) grill to it. This should sell in good numbers.
Toyota might not launch this, given its not C platform anymore
Old 1st July 2022, 10:51   #727
Senior - BHPian

The pricing seems in line with current times and inflation and I don't agree that since it's a Maruti it has to be cheap while Hyundai, Honda KIA pricing is fine just because they are Hyundai, Honda and KIA.

I am in the market to change my 10 year old Figo TDCi (Alas they just don't make cars like that any more) and the City, the all new Brezza and the Hyryder are in my radar. (I some how think that the Hyryder will go upwards of 20L for a well equipped model). My fabulous Innova Crysta 2.8G has me thinking that maybe I should just stretch for the Hyryder, but the new Brezza just makes more financial sense as of now.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 11:02   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Brezza was launched with the armrest only in the ZDi+ variant.

Attachment 2327809
Image clicked from the brochure I still have.
I stand corrected.

Must have mixed up with some other Maruti model.
Old 1st July 2022, 11:07   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
To me it feels like most buyers might start from Vxi and Lxi is just there for providing a lower sticker price.
I agree. VXi seems to ne the most VFM variant. But the 1.5L engine means no excise benefits and hence higher price. I wish they'd just bring a diesel already. They've had enough time to get a BS-6 compliant one. Venue diesel starts at around 12L on-road.
Old 1st July 2022, 11:40   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
This my first time watching a car being unveiled - but are they all this cringe?

The amount of times the speaker has said "all new hot and techy Brezza" sounds like he is meme-ing the phrase.
You should have watched the Scorpio N launch and the whole big daddy thing! For those with a twisted mind - who's your daddy? - made it even more hilarious!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 11:44   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicksJ View Post
Toyota might not launch this, given its not C platform anymore
With around just 800 crore (compare to Baleno's 1200 crores) investment and since thicker panels were not needed and the structure was already safe, this is most certainly the same platform as before, they are not even mentioning suspension updates here unlike Baleno which came with revised suspension setup, so this is essentially the same car with arguably better clothes and a few more features thrown in, along with the updated version of K15 engine with Dualjet, mild hybrid and more FE.
Also why would Toyota abandon this since it has a changed platform now but sell the latest Baleno which was and is Heartech?
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 11:52   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
The Mahindra event with deep-down into the technical nitty-gritty and the engineering behind it by Dr. Velu, the Design presentation by Pratap Bose, and the feature explanations by the rest. The presentation was so good and engaging.

The Maruti Event, in comparison, felt bland and uninteresting.
It really does not matter. Maruti knows very well, that people are going to flock the showrooms to book the Brezza. People will buy it in hoards and it may go past Nexon as the top selling SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
OMG! Atrocious pricing! What are they thinking of about positioning the upcoming products through other channels like NEXA and Toyota?
Atrocious is the right word. Maruti is getting greedy now. But again, it is a Maruti product. So it will sell.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:03   #733
BHPian

Seems a tad higher given Maruti seems to have lost the momentum with Brezza in the last few years. The LXI seems to be the most value for money : Just put in a new HU with Android Auto / Apple Car play, some nice speakers (<INR 50K ) and you are set !

Also car to car the Nexon petrol sounds like a better deal on paper (INR 50K less on road Bangalore) and almost has same / better specs except for the tyres 195/65 Vs 215/60.

The less spoken about the higher models the better, they seem to get more expensive , less VFM when compared to direct competition. Still think Maruti is not playing the game right as they lose GST advantages with the 1.5 ltr petrol engine in a sub 4M car.
Old 1st July 2022, 12:09   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
With around just 800 crore (compare to Baleno's 1200 crores) investment and since thicker panels were not needed and the structure was already safe, this is most certainly the same platform as before, they are not even mentioning suspension updates here unlike Baleno which came with revised suspension setup, so this is essentially the same car with arguably better clothes and a few more features thrown in, along with the updated version of K15 engine with Dualjet, mild hybrid and more FE.
Also why would Toyota abandon this since it has a changed platform now but sell the latest Baleno which was and is Heartech?
The reason for Toyota are their own but there is no development of new Brezza for Toyota. The Urban Cruiser title now comes solidly linked to the Hyryder tag. So, i guess that is it for Brezza and Toyota. Another way of looking might be that Toyota would only source Suzuki Japan designs rather than Suzuki India ones. This logic sits well with current choices of Toyota. How about that!! I know that all Suzuki India designs would have Suzuki Japan stamp of approval but the sensitivities in design would be very Indian and very different from Japanese designs.

The reason Suzuki did not have to mention about improvements is because with the Baleno there was a sense of continuity which is reflected even in design and in Suzuki statements about how they wanted to keep Baleno image. With Brezza, Suzuki was doing a clean break, dropping the Vitara name, insane meta verse references and trying to connect with a new audience.

Regarding investment reduction, it is simply because the Surround view, 9 inch screen, HUD etc (Basically Technology parts) are all common carry over parts from Baleno. Reinvestment was not required there in. Even the engine and AT set up had already been developed for Ertiga / XL6. So, considering that, I see massive investment has been made in development of Brezza upgradations.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 1st July 2022 at 12:11.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:18   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
Woah prices are definitely on higher side. Even more than Venue and Sonet!!

Time will tell if it will work for or against them.
Hope interior and some quality improvements would compensate the price increase. But one thing with Maruti is that maintenance is something people appreciate. Of course its depend on the service centers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks