Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 18:03   #781
BHPian

Re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Anyways booked the LXi variant in Red to be used by my wife, exteriors are identical to VXi baring the rear defogger,
Please reconsider the variant with rear defogger and wiper. I really miss these features in Gurgaon and Delhi NCR.

Budget and VFM are definitely one of the biggest purchase decision factor for this product range. But these two features seem to be non-negotiable for our local weather.
Old 4th July 2022, 18:49   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Please reconsider the variant with rear defogger and wiper. I really miss these features in Gurgaon and Delhi NCR.

Budget and VFM are definitely one of the biggest purchase decision factor for this product range. But these two features seem to be non-negotiable for our local weather.
That's correct but it is 1.7 lakhs on road more just for defogger equipped variant VXi and 3.75 lakhs for rear wiper and defogger equipped ZXi variant, moreover it will be the third car in our garage and will most likely turn into a beater car, those and other features are nice to have sure, but this is a compromise I calculated to live with when making the decision.

VXi would have been a little less of compromise but again it was a bait as well, a lot more money was being asked for compared to what they were offering. I had booked that initially but couldn't digest the pricing and changed the booking to LXi, also we started this hunt with a max 7 lakh budget and Grand i10 in mind.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:02   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I wonder what the guys at Maruti are smoking. 17 lakhs on road for a Brezza ? Who are they kidding. I would any day pick the ScorpioN Z4 diesel for that money. The tax benefit for sub 4 metre was lost when they shifted from diesel to petrol engine. Nothing new in that now. The pricing for Zxi and Zxi+ is simply atrocious.
For so many years Toyota, Skoda, VW, Kia, Hyundai, etc. were kidding with us, now it's Maruti's turn Vxi and Zxi are good buy for me, Zxi+ is costly but it offers too many fancy features which normal user don't need. At least with Maruti, user gets peace of mind which others rarely provide.
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:27   #784
BHPian

I think Maruti is no longer willing to position Brezza as a humble product. The usual complains about Marutis being unsafe did not apply to the previous gen Brezza (at least on paper). It has played on that card, made it a little more appealing visually (the weak point earlier), offered a 6 speed TC at a time where people are increasing getting vary of AMT, CVT and DCT. They reckon people will flock to the showrooms and I think so too.
Malyaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:34   #785
Senior - BHPian

I feel MS is too optimistic with the pricing. This is how the competition looks like.
Experts, what would you suggest in that price bracket?
Personally, I would take a hard look at Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha Plus AT Petrol before putting down my money on Brezza
Attached Thumbnails
The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-csuvs.jpg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 4th July 2022 at 19:35.
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:35   #786
BHPian

How I wish there was a LXI Automatic variant ! It now gets Rear AC, ESP, Hill hold assist, Brake Assist, LED taillamps in the facelift.

The VXI costs 1.5 L over LXI and is overpriced. The AT variant further costs 1.5 L more. An LXI AT variant would mean ex. sh of 9.5 L and OTR price of 11.5 in a tax hungry state of KA. The VXI AT costs 13.7 L OTR in KA which is steep due to >10L ex. sh.
anthusiast is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 22:04   #787
BHPian

Any word on when deliveries are expected to commence?
Old 4th July 2022, 22:55   #788
Senior - BHPian

That pricing is so un-Maruti like! It would make more sense to go for an Ertiga than a Brezza! Most probably Maruti is positioning Brezza as a "life style" product At these prices it would make more sense to go for an Honda City 4th gen manual comes at Rs 11.76L on road than a Brezza!
Durango Dude is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 02:27   #789
BHPian

Been waiting for this since almost an year. The price for Zxi+ AT is just too high and brings it in the realm of bigger cars. I need an auto car soon and really confused now. Should I wait for Hyryder middle variant which I am guessing would be similar in price? Taigun Mid AT variant is also not much costlier. Suggestions people? Even the City top model CVT is in the same price bracket. My priority is a no nonsense safe car. Older version of Brezza was a perfect fit except for the 4AT. I just couldn't bring myself to buy the 4AT. Was hoping the current one would be priced 1-1.5 lakhs higher but the difference is just too much.

Last edited by Pras92003 : 5th July 2022 at 02:31.
Pras92003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 08:40   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
That pricing is so un-Maruti like! It would make more sense to go for an Ertiga than a Brezza! Most probably Maruti is positioning Brezza as a "life style" product At these prices it would make more sense to go for an Honda City 4th gen manual comes at Rs 11.76L on road than a Brezza!
Yes, the Honda City 4th gen makes immensely more sense now, except when you are looking for an AT, which Honda conveniently discontinued on the 4th gen.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:55   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I feel MS is too optimistic with the pricing... I would take a hard look at Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha Plus AT Petrol before putting down my money on Brezza
Sir If the XL6 had the same safety as the Brezza (meaning built on the global C platform and had 6 airbags), I would probably not look at any other car in the same price bracket.

W.r.t. Maruti being too optimistic about pricing the Brezza, I beg to differ-

Brezza vs. Sonet/Venue - Arguably better safety

Brezza vs. XUV300 - Conclusively better boot space

Brezza vs Kiger/Magnite - Arguably better interior/build quality

Only the segment leader, the Nexon seems well rounded when pitted against the Brezza, but that fight could go either way considering customer preferences w.r.t. NA vs. TC engine, service experience/expectations etc.

Last edited by Romeo_Mike : 5th July 2022 at 11:57.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:26   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post

Only the segment leader, the Nexon seems well rounded when pitted against the Brezza, but that fight could go either way considering customer preferences w.r.t. NA vs. TC engine, service experience/expectations etc.
Brezza vs Nexon - 4 cylinder NA vs 3 cylinder Turbo, Torque Converter vs AMT, 12 month vs 6 month service interval

AMT is much much inferior to torque converter be it smooth shift or reliability and that itself should be a deal breaker for someone looking for proper automatic. AMT doesn't deserve to be in a car like Nexon or any car costing above 10-12 lakhs (ex-showroom)

Plus Brezza trumps all it's competitors in service cost/quality/reach, spare part cost, reliability and resale value.
Technic90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:26   #793
Senior - BHPian

Pricing of Brezza looks like Maruti patting itself on it's own back for giving a 6 speed TC automatic instead of the "staple" AMT. Shall wait for the reviews to be released tomorrow.
Old 5th July 2022, 12:35   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
Sir If the XL6 had the same safety as the Brezza (meaning built on the global C platform and had 6 airbags), I would probably not look at any other car in the same price bracket.

Rightly said, but you seem to have missed the diesel and diesel-auto combo that many people look at - which Maruti lacks. Even if the market share of diesel variants is say 30%, it is still significant - the total addressable market for Maruti reduces accordingly.

One more point I would like to make is that in petrol cars, the actual mileage is generally less (in city atleast) versus their stated ARAI, but in comparison diesel engined vehicles give a mileage closer to their ARAI figure, in actual Indian city driving conditions.

Also with manufacturers paying attention to safety and adding weight (at strategic locations) to tin cans (eg Baleno), the average of such vehicles is going to drop a bit, due to increase in weight.

Agreed diesel engines are losing significance slowly, but can't be completely ignored for the moment. They are even more relevant for heavier vehicles, like in the Creta / Seltos category and upwards.
jessie007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:44   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Rightly said, but you seem to have missed the diesel and diesel-auto combo that many people look at - which Maruti lacks.
As a fan of Diesel engined cars and a sad Delhiite who can't buy them in future, I agree with most of this post, Diesel is still the best overall engine not just because of great efficiency but excellent drivability and accessible performance thanks to turbos, turbo petrols are not remotely as efficient even if they are somewhat better in peak performance and NAs are just not fun enough.

What I don't agree is ARAI numbers part, even Diesels don't give nearly as much as these figures suggest, take my 8.5 year old Honda City for example, with stock tyre size (earlier I had bigger tyres so not taking that into consideration) the mileage in Gurgaon City with non enthusiastic driving and road conditions which are much better than say crowded bumper to bumper traffic in Delhi and other cities, it returns around 16, in straight well made highways with minimal stoppage and with decent speeds of around 100 it can peak till 22-23, so it is not close to ARAI figure of 26 in even normal day to day non enthusiastic style usage.

Yes, once to test its limits and ensuring the tyres don't heat much (it was showing 48 degrees outside) on Delhi to Mumbai trip, I got 26 overall but that was with cruise control set to 80 and me going out of my way to stick to that strictly and drive in an extremely extremely conservative manner overall in an highway which was empty, wide and one of the best in India for most of the journey, no one can drive like this or get such absolute perfect conditions regularly, also I was the only person in the car so the load was light as well.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 5th July 2022 at 14:48.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks