Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2021, 18:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs

Once the Jimny is launched (in a decade's time), the TUV300 could be packaged as an ideal rival to the suzuki.

Two similar compact 4 door ladder frame SUVs!
Old 5th July 2021, 19:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs

Mahindra Bolero Neo teasers

Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 22:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
[
With so much adventure hoping, enthusiasts would seriously want a 4WD variant also.
Old 6th July 2021, 11:31   #19
BHPian

The biggest mistake Mahindra has done with this product is giving it the name "BOLERO". They should've just called it Neo, or TUV500 or anything. At this price range, buyers would never prefer to associate themselves with the Bolero' brand image.

I fear that this might end up like the Tata Sumo Grande, an otherwise capable car which failed because of its name.
Big Smoke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 11:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Front looks good but side profile is same which was always weird. I was hoping Mahindra will do some more changes in facelift but looks like this is just minor facelift, sad. I always find TUV300 design to be odd. Opportunity lost.
Those backwards slanted B and C pillars are culprits. Don't think there's any other vehicle with such overt slant at least in C pillar.
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 11:46   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
They need to add more power, a proper non-AMT automatic transmission option, rear locking differentials and a 4x4 option for this re-birthed avatar of the TUV 300 to be successful.

They have a wonderful opportunity here to set themselves apart from amongst the sea of softroader CSUVs with this product.
Automatic 4x4 Bolero? Where do I sign up???
But obviously, it won't sell. The Bolero customer doesn't like automatic transmission. The CSUV crowd won't buy anything other than those feature-laden smartphone on wheels (somehow, EcoSport still sells well despite being a fun to drive vehicle).

In all honesty, all they need is a bigger screen, more LEDs, YouTube integration and a mobile app to make it the next best seller. Oh, a cringe advert would help too.

Edit: Didn't check. There's an advert already posted above

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 6th July 2021 at 11:47.
vredesbyrd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 11:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I liked the original TUV300 pretty much except for the weird facial design. They have fixed it. It looks smart & butch. It also deserves the better 4 pot 1.5 diesel engine IMO, but then for segment distinction reasons, that one will remain only in Marazzo / XUV3oo I presume. Alas.

On the other hands - what happens now with the "TUV300+" extended version? It was unfortunately a bit of a dud in the market. Deserved to better IMHO. Will that also become a Bolero NEO+? And drop the TUV series altogether?
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 12:27   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
The biggest mistake Mahindra has done with this product is giving it the name "BOLERO". They should've just called it Neo, or TUV500 or anything. At this price range, buyers would never prefer to associate themselves with the Bolero' brand image.

I fear that this might end up like the Tata Sumo Grande, an otherwise capable car which failed because of its name.
I believe looking at the success Tata Motors has with the Safari (instead of launching it as the Gravitas), Mahindra thinks that they can get customers to buy the TUV aka Bolero Neo for the name and emotions attached to it. However they fail to realize that the original "daddy" Bolero is still selling strong.

With the updated Scorpio coming soon, TUV 300 is being positioned between the Bolero and Scorpio, but it lacks the presence/rugged appeal/tough badass looks to be considered by someone who is shopping for a Mahindra SUV.

Maybe the TUV should have been redesigned to be a tough MUV rather than a soft SUV. It could have filled the void left by the Xylo, which was a tough BOF MUV.
Old 6th July 2021, 13:09   #24
BHPian

I think Mahindra is making a mistake by naming this Bolero. They should have named it something else. I don't think customers in this segment would like the Bolero name.
f1fan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:28   #25
KPR
BANNED

I think Bolero tag will make wonders than TUV300. Rural India loves Bolero and it will help Mahindra reach people easily than a TUV, XUV, KUV kind of confusing names.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Those backwards slanted B and C pillars are culprits. Don't think there's any other vehicle with such overt slant at least in C pillar.
You said it! Those slanted pillars look awful for sure. If Mahindra can make this car simple with straight vertical B & C pillars, I am sure it will look much much better. Simple designs make car beautiful IMHO.
Old 6th July 2021, 14:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra should have stopped existing Bolero and launched TUV 300 as all new Bolero from day 1.Design will take people getting use to and mechanically TUV300 was superior. This is a wrong move from Mahindra and should not sell both variants together. When Innova was launched, Qualis loyalists hated for what Toyota did and in couple years, Innova went on to become a blockbuster and was very well accepted. They did same with Crysta too. Selling one model well makes much better economic sense than selling two independent models in average numbers.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 15:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
For Once, cant some manufacturer make a cool ad about a woman driving a rough-and-tough Utility vehicle? Why does this thing always have to be about a male trying to impress the other gender by taming the proverbial beast ?
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 15:46   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
For Once, cant some manufacturer make a cool ad about a woman driving a rough-and-tough Utility vehicle?
Utility vehicle ads for its target audience of a scruffy looking man, nothing wrong with that.

Old Bolero Ads.

Scorpio ads too had a woman driving it among many other things.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 15:53   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
On the other hands - what happens now with the "TUV300+" extended version? It was unfortunately a bit of a dud in the market. Deserved to better IMHO. Will that also become a Bolero NEO+? And drop the TUV series altogether?
My source in Mahindra had told me way back in late 2020 that the TUV 300 Plus will come back as the Bolero Plus. That was the first hint we all ever got that the TUV product line was coming back under the "Bolero" moniker.

It needs a front-facing 3rd row and proper legroom in the 2nd row though. It can easily fill the budget people-mover slot vacated by the Xylo in Mahindra's line-up.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks