Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 10:24   #16
BHPian

Registration - Pune RTO - Address Proof Issue

Hi Guys,
has any one faced this issue. the dealer says for address proof he needs one of the following

- passport
- election card
- lic policy (policy copy and not just receipt)

i dont have any of these on current address. electricity bill or bsnl bill or driving license are not valid address proofs. my driving license has been issued by Pune RTO at the same address. strange the same organization but not accepting its own issued doc as address proof.

thanks
vinod

Last edited by vinodbijlani : 9th June 2010 at 10:27.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I heard these days apparently it has become more strict.
I remember registering something which we bought last year with my Mom's driving license alone.
They told me something on similar lines when I was registering my car last month. I had to submit a copy of my passport too.

If you are currently living in rented premises, why dont you give a copy of the rent agreement (attested) along with an electricity bill of the place ? Just might work.
Old 9th June 2010, 23:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
If you are currently living in rented premises, why dont you give a copy of the rent agreement (attested) along with an electricity bill of the place ? Just might work.
Wont work. Only those docs are being accepted. Even TN RTOs have the same policy. So I used my wife passport for registering my scooter.

Best way out, get an Affidavit made and submit. Just a money making racket for agents.
Old 10th June 2010, 01:06   #19
MX6
Senior - BHPian

7 months back I gave the car dealer copies of my gas connection bill and bank statement along with the copies of rental agreement. I didn't have electricity bill then. I didn't have any issue at all.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys
I am in a similar fix. I have recently purchased a vehicle registered in Mumbai but neither do I reside in Mumbai nor do I have any address proof in the city. I would like to know what options do I have if I wish to retain the Mumbai number and get the vehicle transferred in my name?
i have a a couple of relatives in Mumbai who are living in their own permisis so was thinking of exploring the rental agreement option. But I still haven't spoken to them as I want to get my facts straight before I speak to them.
I have gone through these threads but would like to know what options do I have and has anyone else been through the same situation that I am currently in.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...rt-mumbai.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ku-mumbai.html

Additionally I would have got the vehicle registered in Delhi but due to the recent supreme court ruling older vehicle cannot be re-registered in Delhi.
The vehicle in question is
December 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser Diesel,
Please advise
Cheers
Old 13th September 2010, 15:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

There is a method by which you can get the local post office to endorse the fact that you are a local resident if you have a rental/lease agreement for the premises in which you are staying.

forms for this are available from most Head Post Offices/ GPOs

read this excerpt:
Address proof card issued by India Post:
Many working people often shift their houses. For them, it is difficult to produce an address proof issued by Government with latest address. Our India Post (Post Office) has come up with a solution. Now you can get an address proof along with your photo from India post. Since the ID proof is issued by India post which is a Central Government organization, it is similar to other ID cards like Driving license, Voters ID etc. It can be used for opening bank accounts, for getting telephone and gas connections etc. The total cost for getting this ID card is Rs.250/ (Rs.10 for application and Rs.240/- processing fees.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 13th September 2010 at 15:35.
Old 14th September 2010, 09:24   #22
BHPian

These govt. guys don't have a standard procedure. Even if bribes are not their intention doesn't mean work gets done smoothly.

I remember the day I got my license made. Took me 4 hours. I had got the form from 'em previously as my home is very near to the 'Suvidha Centre'. The form said that a declaration by the ward head of your area [Don't know what's the technically correct name] that you're a resident of the area will work. Since I didn't have any other proof of address (Being 16), I got that done through someone who knew the ward head.

When I submitted the form, the lady said that the higher-ups might not accept the declaration, and I had to get some other proof. What they quite happily accepted was my Class X CBSE certificate.

These government departments have their own way of working.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
There is a method by which you can get the local post office to endorse the fact that you are a local resident if you have a rental/lease agreement for the premises in which you are staying.

forms for this are available from most Head Post Offices/ GPOs

read this excerpt:
Address proof card issued by India Post:
Many working people often shift their houses. For them, it is difficult to produce an address proof issued by Government with latest address. Our India Post (Post Office) has come up with a solution. Now you can get an address proof along with your photo from India post. Since the ID proof is issued by India post which is a Central Government organization, it is similar to other ID cards like Driving license, Voters ID etc. It can be used for opening bank accounts, for getting telephone and gas connections etc. The total cost for getting this ID card is Rs.250/ (Rs.10 for application and Rs.240/- processing fees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
These govt. guys don't have a standard procedure. Even if bribes are not their intention doesn't mean work gets done smoothly.

I remember the day I got my license made. Took me 4 hours. I had got the form from 'em previously as my home is very near to the 'Suvidha Centre'. The form said that a declaration by the ward head of your area [Don't know what's the technically correct name] that you're a resident of the area will work. Since I didn't have any other proof of address (Being 16), I got that done through someone who knew the ward head.

When I submitted the form, the lady said that the higher-ups might not accept the declaration, and I had to get some other proof. What they quite happily accepted was my Class X CBSE certificate.

These government departments have their own way of working.
Thanks shankar.balan & Anku94:
I will be in Mumbai on 21st and have already spoken to my cousin brother for the formalities. He is ready to do any legal paperwork necessary for the registration. I will be meeting with Akku and then see what transpires.

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ku-mumbai.html)

Also I am in the process of contacting the previous owner and he how he managed the registration a couple of years back.
Old 14th September 2010, 23:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev!
You have option of HR or PB right if Delhi Govt has allowed registration of Euro IV only.
Old 15th September 2010, 07:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

@SirAlec:
Yes sir: Thats (PB & HR) would be my backup plan if the Mumbai registration does not get worked out, by hook or crook. The thing is that if the MH registration works out then I would be saving good amount of cash too in the process.
  • What I am guessing is that if the MH transfer works out then ill be in Mumbai for a couple of days and get it done.
  • Otherwise I'll come back to Delhi and head out to Ludhiana and see if things work out there. If yes then send Form No 28 to Mumbai and get an NOC for Ludhiana.
  • Third if both the above do not workout then I always have the Haryana option, But I guess Ludhiana should workout just fine, Lets see & fingers crossed!!!
Old 16th September 2010, 00:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Then get hold of good RTO agent in mumbai, Mumbai guys should know many of them.

Get hold of a good trusted friend or relative. Use your name and their address.

This works out, don't know about mumbai but last month, when i booked Ritz and it was not delivered by our nearest moronic dealer, i called Ajmer, they had the color that i wanted. But due to some Maruti inside rule he was not able to sell me. He told me he can registered me the car in my name @ RJ-01, provided I have any friends who is willing to share his residential address. I declined though.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:02   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Harjeev, do get in touch with Panchal RTO Agent (company name is Expert Motor Training School). You will find his co-ordinates in the Team-BHP Directory. He has thorough knowledge on these matters, a strong network and will get the job done.
Old 18th September 2010, 23:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
^^^
Then get hold of good RTO agent in mumbai, Mumbai guys should know many of them.

Get hold of a good trusted friend or relative. Use your name and their address.

This works out, don't know about mumbai but last month, when i booked Ritz and it was not delivered by our nearest moronic dealer, i called Ajmer, they had the color that i wanted. But due to some Maruti inside rule he was not able to sell me. He told me he can registered me the car in my name @ RJ-01, provided I have any friends who is willing to share his residential address. I declined though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Harjeev, do get in touch with Panchal RTO Agent (company name is Expert Motor Training School). You will find his co-ordinates in the Team-BHP Directory. He has thorough knowledge on these matters, a strong network and will get the job done.
Thanks SirAlec & GTO
I would try to do just that. I have an important meeting in Mumbai on Wednesday 22nd September and am arriving in Mumbai on the 21st Sept 2010, Tuesday.
After the meeting is over I am free and will try to sort out the registration formalities on Thursday and Friday and then start back for Delhi
I have planned that I will be visiting Panchal RTO Agent and Akku RTO agent and take their help. Curtsy for both Teambhp directory.
Thanks again for the info
Old 4th October 2010, 16:59   #29
BHPian

how to get a driver's license in Mumbai

hi everyone!
i have been working in mumbai for the past 10 months. My roommate needs to get a new driver's license since he is planning to get a new bike in a month or so. the problem here is that since we live in a rented apartment, we only have a rent/lease agreement which can be used as an address proof. we work in an MNC here. he has a voter's id card and a pan card. every broker we have spoken to, says that in mumbai, the RTO accepts only the permanent address proofs like electricity bill, passport with mumbai address and so on. AFAIK, the RTOs in North do accept Rent/Lease Agreements as Address Proofs. So, what should we do next? please suggest guys...
Old 4th October 2010, 17:46   #30
BHPian

I think when you have a rental agreement as address proof, the normal procedure is that you present the electricity bill for the same in original, along with the rental agreement. I'm not sure if it works the same in Mumbai but it worked in Bangalore.
If no agent is willing to do this, try visiting the RTO yourself with all the documents and take the test. Getting a learner's license is quite easy and you should be able to get it done by yourselves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks