Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 18:51   #31
BHPian

thanks for the reply! the issue with the electricity bill is that it is in the name of the House Owner/Society. according to the agents,the electricity bill needs to be in the name of the applicant/applicant's family. Lets see what the bhpians from Mumbai suggest over this. Surely they know it better than i do. we have been consulting people over this but haven't found a solution yet. according to the agents, even affidavits are not accepted this days it seems.
Old 4th October 2010, 19:05   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I think what Newpunter means is that your elec bill needs to have the same name as the owner in the rental agreement. Voila!

I find it hard to believe that in a city like Mumbai with so much immigrant population, rental agreement is not accepted by the RTO. Please ask around. In Pune when I was getting my car registered last year, the RTO accepted rental agreement plus a form letter (NOC) from the flat's owner stating that he had no objection to using his address in my registration. Am sure something like this can be worked in Mumbai as well!
Old 4th October 2010, 20:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
hi everyone!
i have been working in mumbai for the past 10 months. My roommate needs to get a new driver's license since he is planning to get a new bike in a month or so. the problem here is that since we live in a rented apartment, we only have a rent/lease agreement which can be used as an address proof. we work in an MNC here. he has a voter's id card and a pan card. every broker we have spoken to, says that in mumbai, the RTO accepts only the permanent address proofs like electricity bill, passport with mumbai address and so on. AFAIK, the RTOs in North do accept Rent/Lease Agreements as Address Proofs. So, what should we do next? please suggest guys...
Very Very simple yaar tell that agent to throw more money on the mouth of that CORRUPT RTO officer and get the thing sorted out , RTO officers can also sell themselves for MONEY they are not worried for any untoward incident, they infact sell Driving Licences to Motor Training Schools,you will find men women gettting licences even though they have no confidence in driving and may kill someone on the road, but they are not bothered.
Old 4th October 2010, 21:13   #34
BHPian

well i would like to go the legitimate way though.throwing money is not a problem but i would like to know the reason why my friend cannot get a driver's license made being a citizen of india. is the procedure followed in Mumbai RTO above the law of the country? if other RTOs can acknowledge the same documents,why can't the Mumbai RTO do the same? or is it the agents who are playing foul here? can someone advice whether the documents we have are enough for getting a driving license here in mumbai, or we will be forced to go the way IQBAL VEERJI has suggested here.
Old 4th October 2010, 21:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well i would like to go the legitimate way though.
Faced the same problem. Now a days, Mumbai police is extremely sensitive to ID, and they ask for as much fullproof documents as they can get away with.

What you need to do is, call up a senior office (or better meet in-person). You will get an option to submit an affidavit declaring address.

Contact ACP of your area (MH 01/02 or 03)

Mumbai Traffic Police
Old 4th October 2010, 21:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Faced the same problem. Now a days, Mumbai police is extremely sensitive to ID, and they ask for as much fullproof documents as they can get away with.

What you need to do is, call up a senior office (or better meet in-person). You will get an option to submit an affidavit declaring address.

Contact ACP of your area (MH 01/02 or 03)

Mumbai Traffic Police
Thanks for the info!i will try to contact the senior officers.i hope they do help.
Old 5th October 2010, 08:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

If you have an valid voter id with the original address and the original address proof it can be used along with the rental agreement as a valid proof. The RTO cannot contest on the same.

In Thane the rental agreement is valid for license whereas in Vashi RTO this is not acceptable. Or else catch hold of an agent and you will for sure get the license.

Check this link which GTO had posted. Try calling the person and enquire.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...rt-mumbai.html
Old 5th October 2010, 09:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If you have an valid voter id with the original address and the original address proof it can be used along with the rental agreement as a valid proof. The RTO cannot contest on the same.
the address on his voter id is that of his permanent home and not mumbai. how can that be used as a proof for temporary address(local address)?
Old 5th October 2010, 10:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the address on his voter id is that of his permanent home and not mumbai. how can that be used as a proof for temporary address(local address)?
Pls check the link given below which says the voter id is sufficient to learning license. Before getting a permanent license he needs to have a learner licence and based on that he will be issued a permanent license.

Motor Vehicles Department ( R.T.O.) , Maharashtra
Old 5th October 2010, 10:35   #40
BHPian

I assume that RTO requirements will be identical at least across Maharashtra. In pune, RTO insists on two address proofs and 1 identity document. Address proofs accepted are Passport, Electricity bill, voters ID, LIC policy document, Registered (stamp duty paid) lease agreement.
For people living on rent, lease agreement + affidavit notarized in collector's office is must.
The same requirements hold true for registering a vehicle as well.

If your friend has an LIC policy with communication address of some othe place, getting that changed is the easiest of all. You get a cover letter confirming this change and it is accepted at RTO.
Old 5th October 2010, 11:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

To avoid all this hassle, ask him to get the license from his home town. It can be used anywhere in India.

Rohan
Old 5th October 2010, 12:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Very Very simple yaar tell that agent to throw more money on the mouth of that CORRUPT RTO officer and get the thing sorted out , RTO officers can also sell themselves for MONEY they are not worried for any untoward incident, they infact sell Driving Licences to Motor Training Schools,you will find men women gettting licences even though they have no confidence in driving and may kill someone on the road, but they are not bothered.

Unfortunately what is written is true, but do we promote corrupt means in the forum ?
Old 27th October 2010, 15:08   #43
BHPian

I am also facing a similar problem. Can't get the vehicle registered.The new RTO rule for people staying on rent and purchasing a new vehice has to furnish the following documents , 1.Police verification. 2.Registration of the rent agreement. 3. Original light bill (In the name of the owner). These are a must and my owner is not willing to register the rent agreement . What options do i have. It seems the Flat owners are now going to decide who can own a vehicle.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:55   #44
BHPian

Mumbai car registration solution without agents - tardeo rto

Hi all

Documenting my experience so it helps you

To register a car, I contacted agents Akku and Expert who told me I need address proof (any one of passport, voter card, or 1 year old lic policy) I had none. They were asking 1500 too, but could proceed only if I had proof.

But website has a longer list, which agents refused to entertain.

Undeterred, I went armed with a registered leave-and-license(rental) agreement. And came back with registration book updated to my name.

* Form 29 in duplicate and Form 30 single copy needed. Filled and signed.
* Form 30 additionally needs embossed copy of chasis/vin number. You'll need pencil, paper. Then rub it against embossed vin, and writing appears on paper. 5 mins procedure.
* Additionally submit copies of PUC, Insurance, Registered leave-and-license.
* Mr Raut on window 117 is very efficient.
* But transfer process is tedious. I had to take application to 5 different people for their review, and signature. Paid 100 official fee. 3 hours time.
* They coaxed me into upgrading to smart card costing 350 which I refused. They said card is compulsorily. Smelling a bluff, I stood my ground, and they calmly let it be.
* Came back in 2 days, they gave back updated registration book
* I didnt have to deal with noc or finance company - so no comments there.
* RTO Tardeo has abundant parking inside and 2 cafeterias.

Amit
Old 1st August 2011, 09:43   #45
BHPian

Re: Vehicle Registration Blues!! Address proof for gypsies like me

Apologies for hijacking a thread on Bombay car registration, but didn't want to open another thread as this title was perfect for my question - Vehicle Registration Blues.

So I live in Noida and am looking to buy a used car. I've shortlisted two cars from Delhi - one is a Dec-2004 manufactured but Jan-2005 registered Camry (old shape) and the other is a Jan-2008 manufactured and Feb-2008 registered Embera.

Both cars are registered at the Sheikh Sarai RTO, so DL-3C.

Now, the older car has a registration DL-3C-AM-XXXX while the newer one has DL-3C-AL-XXXX. Now, my understanding of the sequencing system is that the AL series should have been exhausted long before the AM series even opened.

Me thinks I smell a rat somewhere.

What's getting my goat is that the Embera wasn't even launched in 2004/05, it only got launched in 2005/06, so how on earth does it have a registration from a series well before a 2004 Camry? Possible fraud by the Camry seller? If so, to what purpose?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks