Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 13:22   #61
BANNED

Re: A query, especially for residents of Hyderabad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Nope I haven't paid AP Life Tax as I intend to take the car back to Delhi. Yes I have been stopped many times and I have shown my papers and gotten out.

Cheers
Thanks for the great news because even I have brought my car from UP to here. It's been just 10 days and I also intend to take my Car back to UP after few years (1 or 2). I was not sure whether to pay or not pay the life time tax here.

Have been stopped once near Salarjang Bridge. They checked the papers and let me go. I thought they didn't ask for road tax receipt because they thought I just came.

Haven't they asked you about the road tax receipt ever?
Old 16th November 2011, 13:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post

Haven't they asked you about the road tax receipt ever?
Yes they have. But I have always gotten by.

Cheers
Old 16th November 2011, 15:02   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Yes they have. But I have always gotten by.

Cheers
Nice . Could you please give us few examples of the excuses/facts/statements you have made when asked for the roadtax receipt. Will be really helpful for us. Did they ask for money 100-500 Rs.
Old 16th November 2011, 15:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Nice . Could you please give us few examples of the excuses/facts/statements you have made when asked for the roadtax receipt. Will be really helpful for us. Did they ask for money 100-500 Rs.
Sorry but am not comfortable discussing the finer details on a public forum. And I never bribe cops. Never!
Old 16th November 2011, 15:17   #65
BHPian

Ani - I guess its time I paid a visit to your place. Need a few tips on the 'gotten by' part. Any meets happening shortly?

ottocycle - I get flagged almost once every fortnight, especially near Jublee checkpost & opposite to Madhapur PS. They never ask me for the AP tax reciept but check for NOC, RC & Pollution certificate.
Old 16th November 2011, 19:39   #66
BHPian

So the general gist is that I don't need to change my registration to AP if I get my bike transported here? If that is the case, I do not mind getting it here, but I was told that the NOC is valid only for 6 months, during which you have to get the registration changed. Hellmet's post, if plausible, seems to solve all my problems.
Old 16th November 2011, 20:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
So the general gist is that I don't need to change my registration to AP if I get my bike transported here? If that is the case, I do not mind getting it here, but I was told that the NOC is valid only for 6 months, during which you have to get the registration changed. Hellmet's post, if plausible, seems to solve all my problems.
I think you are missing the point here. You will get an NOC only when you want to change your registration. If you don't wantto change registration, then where does the question of NOC come in. You can pay the tax (if it at all comes to that) without needing an NOC.

Hope it clarifies your query.

PM me if you need further details.

Cheers

P.S: The law is very straightforward. I don't understand why everyone gets so confused . Just read CMVR and local state MVA.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:34   #68
BHPian

Re: Vehicle Registration Blues!! Address proof for gypsies like me

Is a Rental agreement a valid proof in Secunderabad? I've tried searching the site but there seems to be no information. The dealer asks me to go to Patny court, and says that people get address proofs done if you pay 100/-. How reliable is it? I really think the government should introduce something to help frequent movers out!
Old 29th January 2013, 09:14   #69
BHPian

I am facing a problem of my own. I am on rent in Mumbai and have a registered, police verified Leave and License Agreement. I also have the original Electricity bill in the owners name.
I booked a car early this month, loan is disbursed and payment is complete. The dealer had indicated that a "small" extra amount will be needed, since Mumbai RTO does not accept Leave and License as address proof.
Now, he informs me that this small amount is Rs 22,000!
He says that registration will not be done unless this amount is paid. Again, this is cash for obvious reasons.
This is daylight robbery.

Are there any other options that I have? I have an LIC, but that is on an old house name that has been sold. I have no permanent residence in my name.
Will changing the address on the LIC help? Alternately, can I do the registration myself now?
Old 22nd February 2013, 19:53   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satya79 View Post
I am facing a problem of my own. I am on rent in Mumbai and have a registered, police verified Leave and License Agreement. I also have the original Electricity bill in the owners name.
I booked a car early this month, loan is disbursed and payment is complete. The dealer had indicated that a "small" extra amount will be needed, since Mumbai RTO does not accept Leave and License as address proof.
Now, he informs me that this small amount is Rs 22,000!
He says that registration will not be done unless this amount is paid. Again, this is cash for obvious reasons.
This is daylight robbery.

Are there any other options that I have? I have an LIC, but that is on an old house name that has been sold. I have no permanent residence in my name.
Will changing the address on the LIC help? Alternately, can I do the registration myself now?
I have also been asked to dole out cash for registering my new car in the rental agreement, except that the cash component asked by the dealer is around Rs. 6000. I have also been asked by the dealer to provide all photocopies attested by a notary.

What is the exact law or rule on RTO registration on rental property? Does anyone know?
Old 15th May 2014, 15:57   #71
BHPian

Reviving an old thread

I was about to finalize my purchase of a used Civic in Mumbai but all the dealers and RTO agents say they need a police verified and attested Rent Agreement to make the Registration Transfer.

Till last month I had a registered rent agreement but it has now expired and I have shifted in with a friend in whose name the new rent agreement is registered in.

How can I transfer the registration of a car in my name? Is there any way out?

Or do I have to wait till I get another rent agreement in my name?

I am not from Mumbai and don't have any other address proofs for here.
Old 17th April 2016, 18:58   #72
BHPian

Registration Woes, Discussion and solution

I am planning to purchase a new scooter, however due to illogical documents requirement is creating a road block.
I am residing in a rented space, but I have Aadhar, Bank statements(passbook also), Mobile bill statement and registered agreement, all having same address.

However, as per the dealer, I have to provide 2 residential documents which includes passport. voter ID or LIC policy document.
Any of the two documents needs to be provided and if I dont have that, then registered agreement would do but I have to pay 2500 Rs extra which goes unofficially to the RTO.

I am really surprised as to on what logic the documents requirement list are created? How come LIC policy can be treated as valid address proof but not Aadhar card!

This is for Borivali/Daisar RTO.

I have tweeted this to Nitin Gadkari but I am not expecting any reply from him as he is not that active as his colleagues on twitter.

What you guys think about this and what solution you can suggest?
Old 17th April 2016, 20:40   #73
BHPian

Re: Registration Woes, Discussion and solution

I was on the same boat as you when I purchased my motorcycle. Had no permanent address in Karnataka and stayed at a rented house.

I had no Aadhar card, Bank statement, Mobile statement and others reflecting my local address back then. At least you have those which in itself make a strong case.

What the dealer asked me was :

1. Copy of 10th/12th marksheet.
2. Copy of Rental Agreement.
3. Copy of DL stating Permanent Address (wherever in India).
4. Affidavit duly signed by notary stating that information is true and stuff.

Wasn't charged a single penny extra and the entire process was smooth. Even got my RC on time.

I think that the extra Rs.2500 which 'unofficially' goes to the RTO is nothing but a ploy to rip you off. You can either change your dealer or sternly tell the current one that you'll submit just an affidavit to concur the data in your documents.

Good luck!

Last edited by barcalad : 17th April 2016 at 20:53.
Old 17th April 2016, 21:05   #74
BHPian

I can confirm from past experiences (though not of Mumbai RTO) that rent agreement is the only address proof required. In fact, for those residing in company provided house and not having rent agreement, landline bill / electricity bill is also a valid proof.

I believe you should clearly communicate to dealer and select any other one in case he refuses to budge.
Old 17th April 2016, 21:49   #75
BHPian

This is what i was asked to present when i enquired at KTM South Mumbai.

Documents for registration

Original copy of Passport / Voter's ID and a copyof PAN card along with two recent photographs.

OR

Original LIC Policy (At least one year old) and latest original copy of MTNL / BSNL Telephone bill, Ration card copy, Nationality proof, Copy of PAN Card and two recent photos.

From my experience, a rent agreement or a house allotment letter (if family members are govt. officials) qualifies for a proof of address.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks