Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 00:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quite recently there was an article in TOI which had mentioned the launch of the Vitara pretty soon. Also as per the article MUL was considering to price the Vitara at 15 lacs.
Quote:
Maruti, is considering pricing the Vitara just like the SX4. Complete VFM. I guess they are aiming at CRV territory. Whether or not it will be hit is something I would wait to see.
Right said pal, only time will tell.

Goddy here is the article : Suzuki mulls importing Grand Vitara via MUL -India Business-Business-The Times of India
Doesnt that look yummy ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 25th May 2007 at 00:27. Reason: added link for article.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:21   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Quite recently there was an article in TOI which had mentioned the launch of the Vitara pretty soon. Also as per the article MUL was considering to price the Vitara at 15 lacs.
15L ex showroom?? if yes then it will still be at 17L to 17.5L on Road.
Still a better bet than the CRV

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 11:47   #78
BHPian

Got a friend working for Sai Service, he says it will cost about 15L X-showroom and will be plonked with a 2-liter engine.
Suzuki is targeting Honda in a big way, and it was apparent from the way he spoke about it that this car is meant to further dent Hondas market in India.
Old 25th May 2007, 14:19   #79
Senior - BHPian

I dont know how much SX4 and Vitara would be worth buying as I have not tested both.. but one thing is sure... "Maruti gonna make other perimum brands rn for their money". This gonna help end users a lotttttttttttt.... I have started loving Maruti for their new strategies.... Now we need an Accord killer at the price of Civic Though I dont know when my wish will come true....
Old 25th May 2007, 16:47   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
then he says no MUL is considering a price of about between 16-17 L ex showroom. Maybe this is true , I don't and won't know till the SUV is launched.
What say - How many would buy a new Vitara at 16-17L v/s the new CRV at 19-20L ??
They may do a SX4 again. Going by the recent track record of MUL price will be 10 - 20 % less (than CRV or X-TRAIL) and features/goodies will be far more. Now ... would you buy ?
Old 26th May 2007, 00:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yes its coming

Its coming for sure. And its coming through the CBU route and Maruti has no plans to manufacture this car in India, but if the response is really positive, then it may end up manufacturing this car. If this happens then its trouble for Honda.

The engine most likely to come with this 5 seater Grand Vitara is 2.0ltr, 143bhp(in developed countries, for India atleast 10bhp or 7bhp less) engine found under the hood of SX4 in USA.
This is, I believe the J20 engine and its the same engine that will be used with modifications for the SX4 rally car.
FE is expected to be in the line of present CRV, hope the pricing is below that!

By the way, is anyone aware of the approximate pricing?
Old 26th May 2007, 11:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
They may do a SX4 again. Going by the recent track record of MUL price will be 10 - 20 % less (than CRV or X-TRAIL) and features/goodies will be far more. Now ... would you buy ?
No - I am simply in love with the new CRV.
Old 26th May 2007, 15:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Suzuki is targeting Honda in a big way,.
They are not the only one doing it.. .

Godfather
Old 2nd June 2007, 16:39   #84
BHPian

Has the new Vitara been launched? I saw one here in Delhi today with a HR no plate. It wasn't a temp number. From a distance, it looked like a souped up SX-4 . I guess they share the same platform.

Sorry, didn't have a camera. The color was silver and it looked quite nice. But, it would have an awesome road presence in black. Watch out Honda! The new CRV is a little too sissy for me.
Old 2nd June 2007, 19:35   #85
BHPian

I think maruti is not acting as the case with Sx4 and others they should not limit there might and height till the Sx4 only , with such huge infrastuctre that Maruti has why dont they go skoda way instead of importing this Grand vitara The should assemble it in the form of semi knocked Down kits if they cant make it purely here (ALSO TOYOTA SHOULD DO THE SAME WITH CAMERY)

And with only 38 % duty they can price it at 12 lacks or below Delhi with a Disel this way and they will just blow the competetion away ,it would be bigger hit then Sx4 also ,Some times i wonder why they pay huge packages to these So called Managers ,These car companies can come to Team BHP and we will Give them Better Solutions than there HARVARD or Wharton Educated Managers

Offcoure only some times not every time
Old 2nd June 2007, 20:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

Vitara Coming at 17-18Lacs OTR according to my MUL dealership.
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:44   #87
BHPian

why is everyone so sceptical abt CRV 07s looks here. Personally, I think it looks awesome. but then again, as they say, to each his own.
anyhow i dont maruti has enuf brand value for ppl to put 17L+ for a maruti. on the other hand, we all know how Honda is worshipped in India. there is no way this Vitara can shake the premium SUV [India :( ] category.
the new CRVs looks are damn sharp. but they cud have done a better job with the C-pillar treatment. nonetheless, my money still is on the CRV [if i had any].
Old 4th June 2007, 21:24   #88
BHPian

i think the CRV looks decent, but i share the view of many here.... they could have really done the C Pillar better... I saw a CRV 07 the other day with 20" (i think) alloys... and trust me, it looked awesome!! But i doubt the Grand Vitara will be that expensive..... IMO, it will be under 14L...
Old 6th June 2007, 21:57   #89
BHPian

MUL desperately aims to kick off competitors or atleast makes them rethink on their package.

Starting with Swift, SX4 and now the new one.

Even though Honda may not lose their numbers to MUL largely, but surely its going to be hit.

wrt NHC vs SX4, Honda already started working on next version w/ safety features. Now it will be forced to move up value chain for other offerings too, it can't keep its premium price, it must justify.

Whoever is winner in whatever segment, consumers are benefited ultimately getting more VFM.

BTW, any idea about Honda's plans for small car segment? will it be out in '08?

Last edited by sathya_nars : 6th June 2007 at 21:58.
Old 7th June 2007, 08:37   #90
BHPian

Mad Monkey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks