Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2007, 00:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't there some news about this Vitara being assembled in India by MUL to keep the price down? And as for this if they price it at 18-20L then they can expect to face a similar fate as the current version. Anything about 15L on-road would be suicide!
Old 10th May 2007, 01:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I wouldnt pay one cent more for the Vitara than the CRV.
Does the CRV come with a V6?? nai na... Then?? As far as i know the Vitara has a V6 mill in it.. Both the Vitara and the CRV are totally different classes..
Does anyone have a pic of the new Vitara that may be released??

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 01:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

New Vitara will not have a V6.

Guys, you are talking about what MUL should be doing etc. From recent events, it looks like MUL can do no wrong. They are probably the only company that can command a 4 month waiting period for a product. And with their commitment to launch 5 new cars in 5 years, with all-new engines, things can only get better.
Old 10th May 2007, 01:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
New Vitara will not have a V6.

Eh!!!.. What Mill will it come with ??

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 01:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

2.0 inline 4, the M20. It's already being sold in the US with the SX4. I think they will use the M20 with the international SX4's AWD system.
Old 10th May 2007, 02:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2.0 inline 4, the M20. It's .
This Sucks... I would anyday prefer the V6 variant.

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 02:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

They're almost the same power, so no big deal.
Old 10th May 2007, 06:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They're almost the same power, so no big deal.
Any idea when it will be out.. I still have to see whether to go in for another dicor or if this is better i might as well buy this..

Godfather
Old 10th May 2007, 07:29   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Any idea when it will be out.. I still have to see whether to go in for another dicor or if this is better i might as well buy this..

Godfather
It will be out in the next 3 months .. With the agressive marketing that MUL is on , expect it to be really well priced .. And its worth every penny with the new package ..
Old 10th May 2007, 08:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Does the CRV come with a V6?? nai na... Then?? As far as i know the Vitara has a V6 mill in it.. Both the Vitara and the CRV are totally different classes..
Does anyone have a pic of the new Vitara that may be released??

Godfather
I think its this one

Old 10th May 2007, 08:52   #26
BHPian

The power is OK, but the torque for an SUV seems low

APA.ca

This is an extract from the Suzuki SX4 with the 2L engine mentioned..
NEW - NOT RATED
SUZUKI
SX4 (FWD*, AWD)
Body Style: 4HB
Engine: 2L-4 143 HP*
Torque 136 lbft. @ 3500 rpm
Transmission: 5M, 4A*
City Fuel Economy: 9.2L/100 km* (translates to 10.8kmpl)
Highway economy 7.1 L/100km (translates to 14kmpl)

Performance
Equipped with a four-speed automatic, the SX4 JLX all-wheel drive tested by the APA accelerated with adequate urge and was a relaxed cruiser. The 2L four is refined overall, but the exhaust booms annoyingly in top gear at low speeds. The ride-handling balance is very well judged, with good bump absorption and flat cornering. With tall doors and high-mounted seats, the SX4 is a snap to get into, and with tall windows, easy to see out of. The driving position is excellent and while the seats are comfortable, the lack of an adjustable driver’s seat cushion is puzzling. The rear seat is split 60/40, the backrests can be folded down, and the seat assembly flipped forward as well, liberating a substantial cargo area below the window line. Big clear instruments and straightforward controls are a model for others to follow. Pleasing cabin materials and rigorous assembly. Good heater and a very a good audio system. The all-wheel drive system has three modes; front-wheel drive, on-demand all-wheel drive and continuous all-wheel drive. Transitions from front-wheel drive to all-wheel drive are undetectable. Combined-use fuel consumption on an automatic-equipped JLX all-wheel drive of around 12L/100 km was higher than expected.

Reliability
Not rated, totally new car and mechanicals. Three year/60,000 bumper to bumper warranty, 5 years/100,000 on the powertrain.

Comments
New from the ground up, the new SX4 hatchback for our market is built in Japan, but Suzuki also build a version of the car (as well as the Fiat Sedici) in Hungary. Other than a 114.3 mm cut in length, the SX4 casts a similar shadow as the Aerio hatchback it replaces. Like the Vitara, the SX4 looks crisp and modern. The base SX4 is exclusively front-wheel drive, with all-wheel drive optional on the JX and standard on the JLX. Power stems from a 143 horsepower 2L four that hooks up to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic.

Pricing
The price gaps between the different SX4 trim levels represent good value for the content they contain. The SX4 all-wheel drive is the cheapest all-wheel drive vehicle on the market.

Safety
Standard seat-mounted side and side-curtain airbags. Not tested by the IIHS. Standard ABS.

Last edited by rangaraj : 10th May 2007 at 08:54.
Old 10th May 2007, 08:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post

Comments
New from the ground up, the new SX4 hatchback for our market is built in Japan..

Pricing
The price gaps between the different SX4 trim levels represent good value for the content they contain. The SX4 all-wheel drive is the cheapest all-wheel drive vehicle on the market.
Further evidence that they should have brought in all AWD SX4 SUV variant at around 10-11L and cleaned up the market.., BUT, i will wait to see what Maruti does with the Vitara - still waiting for the perfect SUV
Old 11th May 2007, 00:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
- still waiting for the perfect SUV
Good to know that someone is out there searching for it.. I will stop my search here then.. The day you find it.. let me also know...

@MCL -- If its nice and feels like a good VFM..definately i will pick it up.. Lets wait 3 months then..and see what they actually roll out.

Godfather
Old 11th May 2007, 16:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
I think its this one

Looks ugly. Not sure whether I want to own one
Old 11th May 2007, 16:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Pics posted by Sajo here

New Vitara Pics

Most Viewed