Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Verna sell in large numbers
OT but I am in impression Verna is not selling well. Is it ?
Old 15th May 2007, 12:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
OT but I am in impression Verna is not selling well. Is it ?
Verna is selling in hot numbers speically the VGT model, i see quite number of Vernas on the road, atleast more then Fiesta's
Old 15th May 2007, 12:17   #18
BHPian

Mahindra had no name in the sedan market. This was their 1st car for India(in collaboration with renault of course). They probably forgot that Indians do not trust first timers so easily at a premium price.

Indians fork out the money only when they are absolutely sure of their purchase, so logan flop is no surprise...
Old 15th May 2007, 12:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Awww , I just saw a Logan today. A brand new one in Cream Biege colour. And you guys say it is a flop. Atleast it has started selling.
Old 15th May 2007, 12:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Verna is selling in hot numbers specially the VGT model, i see quite number of Vernas on the road, atleast more then Fiesta's
Well I see just the opposite ..
Old 15th May 2007, 12:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Verna is selling in hot numbers speically the VGT model, i see quite number of Vernas on the road, atleast more then Fiesta's

See more Verna's than fiesta's? I guess it must be only in the north. In Bangalore, in Kerala, I hardly see them. certainly never more than Fiesta's.

btw, Logan was a flop from the beginning. Glad that the indian public cant be taken for a 'wide' ride!
Old 15th May 2007, 12:21   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Exact inverse is what i notice here in Bangalore. But then, this thread was more about the new entrants.

M&M's reluctance to give out the official numbers itself shows how easily they have failed. Spending money on a dumb ad campaign which resembled more of a thriller than a car ad was also a farce.
Old 15th May 2007, 12:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Awww , I just saw a Logan today. A brand new one in Cream Biege colour. And you guys say it is a flop. Atleast it has started selling.
Exactly the colour i saw today morning. And that too for the firs time! Was being used to ferry employees of the Global Business park (Gurgaon).
The rear is hideous. Yuck.
Old 15th May 2007, 12:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

saw a logan on the road yesterday at Whitefield- some dark beige colour. It was in front of me while I was driving to office- The logan may be touted as a wide body car- but it was sure "Slimmer" than my Baleno. Also, who designed the rear of that car!!!! Godawful rear- next time someone talks anything derogatory about the rear of my car, I will simply point them to the nearest mahindra showrood .

Overall, the car had absolutely zilch "wow factor". No one could say that this is a spanking new launch- even the zen estilo turned more heads when it was launched- and that is saying something!

EDIT:@ Decite- looks like you and I were thinking the same thing- our posts came on at the same time as well!

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 15th May 2007 at 12:27.
Old 15th May 2007, 12:31   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

It has an ugly looking front and an equally ugly rear .. Lets see if we can muster up the courage (can't let anyone spot us) to do a TD ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th May 2007 at 12:32.
Old 15th May 2007, 12:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

You may see a million verna's and not a single fiesta or vice a versa, there is no use arguing, because official numbers till April are available in the Indian car scene section, in the sticky on top
So go check that out, no use wondering how much anybody sees!
Old 15th May 2007, 12:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

I spotted a Logan on the road and wasn't impressed.Looked to me like a modern version of the 'Padmini'.Mahindra will do well to have a talk with the various Taxi associations in the country and try to sell a stripped down version with easy financing terms , if they want to sell this car!.They can change the 'ugly' face of the Indian taxi scene in the process also!.I don't see private buyers putting down 5 large to sit in a breadbox!...
Old 15th May 2007, 12:47   #28
BHPian

Brings a tear to my eye.. am so happy Logoff is not doing well, thank god indians dont have to choose between such low grade stuff anymore..

Any one seen the add, India's first wide bodied car!! whats that suppose to mean, i felt like chewing on the cable wires when ever that add came on...

Mahindra sucks.. and hope they will learn a valuable lesson with this...
Old 15th May 2007, 13:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Any one seen the add, India's first wide bodied car!! whats that suppose to mean, i felt like chewing on the cable wires when ever that add came on...
It seems that they have played around a bit with the car graphics in the advertisement, in a bid to make it look more wider. The car seems almost un-real.
Old 15th May 2007, 14:47   #30

Disappointing Logan

I did a comparison of Logan Vs few other cars in that segment. Logan never looked impressive in any of the categories except for its so called big spacious car. For that matter esteem is having a better spec compared to logan and adding on to it the cost difference.. Esteem looks a better option..

Logan has disappointed many - this is a collective feedback from most of my friend circle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks