Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2021, 16:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Folks (who've may have idea about 'likely' future policy additions ),

Is there any chance this scheme could be offered retrospectively, or at least to 'recent purchases'? I recently paid a hefty amount on my gleaming new purchase, and will have rather availed this scheme..or we swallow the pill for being recently screwed and move on.

I plan to keep the car for 10+ years so maybe in the longer run it wouldn't have mattered - but, I'd rather keep my money with self today than not!

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 1st September 2021 at 16:42.
Old 1st September 2021, 16:57   #77
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
The notification mentions that GST is to be excluded.
Thanks for highlighting it! The road tax rate looks all the more attractive now! Wish they extend this to everyone.
Old 1st September 2021, 17:29   #78
BHPian

It would be interesting to see if all the State Govts implement this in full. I can foresee some states trying to defy the order by making it extremely difficult for the individual.
The verification process of the details submitted on Form 60 regarding employer and the built-in discretionary issues could put money in the pockets of the RTO staff.
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:54   #79
BHPian

How will the process work for existing vehicles which may want to opt for a BH registration?

What will happen to the 15 year tax already paid? In all probability, the Govt. will say that the owner should apply for an NOC and take refund of the balance amount from the existing RTO. In which case, it is a no-go for existing vehicles because refunds have been the biggest problem anyway.
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:03   #80
BHPian

My firm has offices in 7 cities (6 states) and I am looking to buy a new car though my company leasing. Asked on BH registration with the leasing firm and they mentioned that the states are yet to respond and they were not sure when this will be implemented.

Will this get mired in bureaucracy between center & states?
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:26   #81
BHPian

Brings me to the question. I haven't seen anyone ask this, pardon me if someone already did.

Is the law restricted to only cars and no two-wheelers? I was thinking that both cars and two-wheelers would be included but no where it mentions anything about the latter. Safe to say it has been excluded?
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:10   #82
BHPian

Does anyone know the exact calculations. I've been trying to get it from the dealer (I am in the process of buying a car) noone seems to have a clue how to do this.

I've done some calculations and the value of being able to move the car between states without hassles is significant enough to wait it out.
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
My firm has offices in 7 cities (6 states) and I am looking to buy a new car though my company leasing. Asked on BH registration with the leasing firm and they mentioned that the states are yet to respond and they were not sure when this will be implemented.

Will this get mired in bureaucracy between center & states?
Unlikely the Babu's that approve this in the state also benefit from this.
Old 4th September 2021, 16:19   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matizcrazy View Post
It would be interesting to see if all the State Govts implement this in full. I can foresee some states trying to defy the order by making it extremely difficult for the individual.
The verification process of the details submitted on Form 60 regarding employer and the built-in discretionary issues could put money in the pockets of the RTO staff.
https://morth.nic.in/gsr-276e-regard...or-vehicle-tax

This was notified to the states on 15th June, and they were given an opportunity to make recommendations. the public record (and it may not be updated) says that there was no objections filed. it is unlikely that the states will now object.
Old 5th September 2021, 21:29   #85
BHPian

How would it apply for used vehicles that we want to register in another state ?
If I buy a GJ registered car and bring it into MH, would I be able to pay only 2 % road tax for MH regn ?
matizcrazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 23:32   #86
BHPian

Quote:
How would it apply for used vehicles that we want to register in another state ?
If I buy a GJ registered car and bring it into MH, would I be able to pay only 2 % road tax for MH regn ?
It says nothing about re-registrations or existing registrations. looks like this is applicable only for new car's. there is also no mention of motorcycles.
Old 6th September 2021, 08:30   #87
Team-BHP Support

Another good thing that will come out of this is the ability of a customer to purchase the car from anywhere one wants and not necessarily bogged by the rules of manufacturers. Like BMW will not allow to buy car from Gurgaon dealership and get it registered at Chandigarh. Same for their Mottorad division. Am sure, it happens with many other brands too.

One can negotiate across the states and pick the cheapest

Quote:
This is not for already registered vehicles. Though a fallout from this can be stop of checking of outside vehicles for road tax in few years as most people will now be going for BH. Regarding GJ and MH, I will not bother changing unless there’s a very specific reason.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th September 2021 at 08:34.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 17:40   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Another good thing that will come out of this is the ability of a customer to purchase the car from anywhere one wants and not necessarily bogged by the rules of manufacturers. Like BMW will not allow to buy car from Gurgaon dealership and get it registered at Chandigarh. Same for their Mottorad division. Am sure, it happens with many other brands too.

One can negotiate across the states and pick the cheapest

This is not for already registered vehicles. Though a fallout from this can be stop of checking of outside vehicles for road tax in few years as most people will now be going for BH. Regarding GJ and MH, I will not bother changing unless there’s a very specific reason.
Completely agree but it will be difficult to get address proof etc at multiple locations. and bringing it back to home state and registering will still be difficult as the dealers all have location constraints.
Old 6th September 2021, 18:08   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

But from my experience, the issue BMW dealers have is that the " billing address" is out of their territory. Registering city / state is none of their concern. For most individuals they would still have only one current address that they can register the car and similarly for the business owners you would still register the car in the state of your business to claim the depreciation benefits safely.
Unless i have missed something, I'm afraid it won't help in this case.
Old 6th September 2021, 18:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

As you are aware, MORTH has recently come out with a notification regarding BH series registrations.

While this is a positive development, we feel it is unfair to private sector employees since it mandates that the company should have presence in four or more states/UTs.

Prima Facie, this is in violation of constitutional rights of citizens, especially under Article 14. we are endeavoring that this benefit be extended to all private company employees, so long as their organisation is present in more than one state/UT.

For this, this notification needs judicial intervention. Since the offices of the central govt are in Delhi, and the ambit or writ jurisdiction with a high court is much wider than that of the SC, we are planning to file a PIL in Delhi HC.

we are already in touch with a law firm in Delhi who have vast experience before the HC and they have agreed to take this up.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks