Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 18:19   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
the issue BMW dealers have is that the " billing address" is out of their territory. Registering city / state is none of their concern.
Not in your case, I suppose you are referring to Ludhiana/ Chandigarh. Both are with Krishna but they won't let Bird Invoice to Chandigarh or Ludhiana. Billing address has to match with RTO office as per curent rules.

Quote:
For most individuals they would still have only one current address that they can register the car
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierk View Post
it will be difficult to get address proof etc at multiple locations. and bringing it back to home state

Can be an issue but on higher costs car and the intended customers, this may not be a problem. Even in case of some cheaper cars or bikes, if the difference is significant, this can be managed.

Bummer is the registration for the companies, or perhaps, it does not matter, just like an individual, we show different addresses of the company and get it done. Will have clarity only after few days.

Quote:
Similarly for the business owners you would still register the car in the state of your business to claim the depreciation benefits
Usually, for depreciation, registration state has no significance, or no one bothers, to best of my knowledge. I have seen many people, getting HP registration at their home/ guesthouse address in HP instead of factories.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th September 2021 at 18:20.
Old 6th September 2021, 18:44   #92
BANNED

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not in your case, I suppose you are referring to Ludhiana/ Chandigarh. Both are with Krishna but they won't let Bird Invoice to Chandigarh or Ludhiana. Billing address has to match with RTO office as per curent rules.
Yes that is the exact one, i have checked with another dealer in NCR as well. Same issue is cited when i mention billing address in Ludhiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Usually, for depreciation, registration state has no significance, or no one bothers, to best of my knowledge. I have seen many people, getting HP registration at their home/ guesthouse address in HP instead of factories.
Agreed there's no worries as long as nobody is bothered but have seen and heard of some people facing the heat sometimes due to this.
Old 7th September 2021, 12:44   #93

I had a query regarding the BH number. I am going to make payment for a new vehicle in a couple of days. My car SA told me that the BH number plate is currently only available in Delhi and not in any other cities. I am eligible for BH number. Does anyone know of this rule?
Old 7th September 2021, 18:07   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
I had a query regarding the BH number. I am going to make payment for a new vehicle in a couple of days. My car SA told me that the BH number plate is currently only available in Delhi and not in any other cities. I am eligible for BH number. Does anyone know of this rule?
BH as per notification is available throughout the country but is restricted to central and state government employees, PSU employees, and Private sector employees of companies that have offices in 4 or more states.

If you are eligible please insist and let us here know what come out of it.

the SA is probably trying to take the easy way out and does not want to put in the work required to figure it out.
xavierk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 10:05   #95
BHPian

Noob question: I have heard it from more than one dealer that it's applicable for private sector companies and not the employees, meaning it's applicable only if the car is brought by the company itself.

I think the wording which states that "available to employees of Central Government/ State Government/ Central/ State, Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies/organizations" can be interpreted in both ways (available to employees of private sector companies or just available to private sector companies).

Does someone have clarity around this?
Old 9th September 2021, 11:02   #96
BHPian

Quote:
the SA is probably trying to take the easy way out and does not want to put in the work required to figure it out.
Very much likely.
The SA in my case is trying to get the available car invoiced. I am following up for the BH case and he says that he spoke to an RTO guy who said that this will be implemented in October only as they have not got any circular from above. But I understood his awareness level when he politely said, " Sir no one except you is asking for this and everyone is getting it registered in the normal way. Even yesterday, couple of them registered it." Clearly he didn't know that as of now, this wasn't for everyone. Also, he hadn't heard about procedure/forms for the same. He assured that he will get back as soon he gets any update on the same from the RTO.

Quote:
I had a query regarding the BH number. I am going to make payment for a new vehicle in a couple of days.
So if you are in no hurry, please wait till Sep 15 at least. Remember that only the lucky few of us get a good SA these days. For most of them, we are ONLY just another sales number.
Old 9th September 2021, 20:35   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshc View Post
Noob question: I have heard it from more than one dealer that it's applicable for private sector companies and not the employees, meaning it's applicable only if the car is brought by the company itself.

I think the wording which states that "available to employees of Central Government/ State Government/ Central/ State, Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies/organizations" can be interpreted in both ways (available to employees of private sector companies or just available to private sector companies).

Does someone have clarity around this?
This is a snip form the government notification. it clearly states the need for Form60 Working certificate. the end of the notification also has the format of the form 60.

I don't think there is any ambiguity if you work for a private sector company and can furnish a valid form 60 it should be ok. the question is how will they validate a form 60 that I don't have an answer to at this point.
Attached Thumbnails
New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-screenshot-20210909-8.32.22-pm.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf GSR 594(E) 26 .08.2021 BH series registration mark Rules (1).pdf (1.32 MB, 190 views)
xavierk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 20:39   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
Very much likely.
The SA in my case is trying to get the available car invoiced. I am following up for the BH case and he says that he spoke to an RTO guy who said that this will be implemented in October only as they have not got any circular from above. But I understood his awareness level when he politely said, " Sir no one except you is asking for this and everyone is getting it registered in the normal way. Even yesterday, couple of them registered it." Clearly he didn't know that as of now, this wasn't for everyone. Also, he hadn't heard about procedure/forms for the same. He assured that he will get back as soon he gets any update on the same from the RTO.
Do let all know if you hear back. I've decided to wait till it gets done with BH, on the plus side i am not in a hurry to get the car. I am ok with the month end or early next
xavierk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 21:09   #99
BHPian

I too have enquired with a few RTO agents and the dealers regarding the BH registration. They have no inclination to find out and there is no incentive for them to help the customer go the BH route.
Old 9th September 2021, 21:41   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I think this is only applicable for vehicle re-registration and not for a new vehicle registration. Otherwise States will lose an important source of tax revenue and will not agree to this scheme at all
Old 9th September 2021, 22:42   #101
BHPian

My employer offers car leases to employees, where a minor portion of the lease amount is borne by the employee and a major portion by the employer. The car will be registered in the company/employer's name.

In such arrangement, I sense BH arrangement is a win-win scenario for all, it enables employees to pick the higher category of vehicle (e.g Compass over Crea) as road tax for lease period is lower than full term.

Is this hypothesis accurate?
Old 10th September 2021, 06:31   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
My employer offers car leases to employees, where a minor portion of the lease amount is borne by the employee and a major portion by the employer. The car will be registered in the company/employer's name.

In such arrangement, I sense BH arrangement is a win-win scenario for all, it enables employees to pick the higher category of vehicle (e.g Compass over Crea) as road tax for lease period is lower than full term.

Is this hypothesis accurate?
I don't think this BH option is available for company owned cars, only for individuals.
Old 10th September 2021, 09:38   #103
BHPian

eDLetter.pdf

My google alert found this, its a note from the JS of Odisha state to tthe RTO's saying it needs to be actioned, its dated 7th Sept 2021.

I went and looked in karnataka state public notifications was not able to find it. looks like implementation will be a ? and we don't know how much time it will take.
xavierk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 09:38   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Do let all know if you hear back.
As per the SA, although the RTO had informed the dealer couple of days ago that it will be implemented from Sep 15, yesterday there was some confusion over the same and could be extended a little. Probably, some Babu woke up at the 11th hour and realized 'Hey this new thing will get us lesser money from the public than what we are already squeezing'. But, I am sure the states would have been aware of the implications during the draft stage itself and this is probably just some usual red tape issue.
The SA said he will confirm the status by evening as anyway tomorrow is D-Day.
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 10:50   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
As per the SA, although the RTO had informed the dealer couple of days ago that it will be implemented from Sep 15, yesterday there was some confusion over the same and could be extended a little. Probably, some Babu woke up at the 11th hour and realized 'Hey this new thing will get us lesser money from the public than what we are already squeezing'. But, I am sure the states would have been aware of the implications during the draft stage itself and this is probably just some usual red tape issue.
The SA said he will confirm the status by evening as anyway tomorrow is D-Day.
Which car are you buying.. I spoke to BMW dealer in bangalore earlier today and he still does not know.

I found a contact at the Koramangala BLR RTO and even they did not have any concrete plans on implementation.

Does anyone know who the RTO application managment is outsourced to? MoRTH says they it will be an online registration after a NOC from the local RTO. I dont know how each of these is going to work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks