Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a dual-clutch AT today?
Yes 294 40.33%
No 435 59.67%
Voters: 729. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 12:42   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Would you buy a dual-clutch AT car today, despite the serious reliability concerns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clix22 View Post
Had a Jetta Diesel DSG as my daily driver for 9 years. 30km bumper to bumper traffic 5 days a week. Not one issue with the gearbox. Luck? Maybe. But, has me biased towards a DSG.
Do you drive very gently? Because a local mechanic told me to buy DCT only if I go easy on acceleration and jackrabbit starts. No boy-racer type driving. According to him, almost every rashly driven DSG/DCT has suffered overheating and eventual failure. TCs are more forgiving.

Now if I have to drive sedately, why not buy a CVT or TC? So, I voted no because I feel TC, CVT are much more reliable.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 09:03   #152
BHPian

Re: Would you buy a dual-clutch AT car today, despite the serious reliability concerns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Do you drive very gently? Because a local mechanic told me to buy DCT only if I go easy on acceleration and jackrabbit starts. No boy-racer type driving.
No chance of rash driving in Bombay, specially on my commute route . But yes, I am a sedate driver.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th February 2024 at 09:14. Reason: Cleaning up.
Old 27th February 2024, 09:15   #153
BHPian

Yes
I am a very sedate driver in City and a spirited driver on Highways. I am not bothered about the drag during initial runs.
Having said that I have learnt to drive the Altis CVT spiritedly. My choice would be a very good CVT. But won’t mind a DSG if given a warranty for 6-7 years, not that I would be replacing the car after that, but won’t mind paying for a failure after the warranty period, given the joy these cars (particularly the Germans) give.
Old 27th February 2024, 10:10   #154

Yes.

Took a leap of faith and booked Venue N Line N6 1.0 Turbo DCT. I will be going with 7 years extended warranty.
Old 27th February 2024, 10:25   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Tata has also been using their own version of the DCT gearboxes in the Altroz and now available in the new Nexon as well. And this is a wet clutch unit, made by a third party manufacturer—Punch Powerglide. However, Tata hasn’t sold as manyDCT geared cars as VW or Hyundai, so im not sure about the long term reliability. In any case we have just brought home the Nexon DCA and im hoping that its largely trouble free!
Though less in numbers, TATA-Punch Powerglide DCA has not received brickbats and bad mouth of words till date. That shows that it has been quite reliable. TATA motors has taken a good call by picking wet clutch box. That's a reasonable thought as tropical country requires heat dissipation that happens well with a wet clutch.

Anyways you have bought a Nexon DCA. Please pass on to us your feedback about reliability and performance from the GB. Anyways its too early but do keep us posted about it.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 27th February 2024 at 10:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks