Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 11:22   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

2022 Hyundai Tucson spied in Malaysia – all-new C-segment SUV coming soon in long-wheelbase form. India launch next?

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-2022hyundaitucsonspiedmalaysia1e16496489329801200x627.jpg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-2022hyundaitucsonspiedmalaysia2e16496507624491200x626.jpg

Quote:
A telling visual cue distinguishing the two body lengths is in the chrome trim above the rear quarter window, just aft of the C-pillar. While the standard wheelbase Tucson uses a window panel that is more triangular with an upper edge that tapers immediately from the pillar side, the long-wheelbase version uses a window that sports a longer straight line along its upper edge before curving downwards.
Quote:
In the United States where the Tucson is present in long-wheelbase form, three powertrain options are offered; this is comprised of a naturally aspirated petrol, turbocharged hybrid and plug-in hybrid. The first is a Smartstream 2.5 litre engine which produces 187 hp and 241 Nm, driving the front wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Quote:
In the electrified variants, both employ a 1.6 litre turbocharged engine paired to a six-speed automatic gearbox; the 177 hp/264 Nm internal combustion engine is augmented by a 44.2 kW electric motor and a 1.49 kWh battery pack for a total system output of 230 PS and 350 Nm of torque.
Quote:
The plug-in hybrid variant sports the same output figures, albeit with a larger battery pack at 13.8 kWh for a pure electric driving range of 45 km, and recharging takes less than two hours with the 7.2 kW onboard charger. According to Hyundai, this is 30% more efficient than the ICE version and gets 20% more torque, while offering a maximum range of more than 800 km.
Quote:
Safety kit for the 2022 Tucson includes the SmartSense active safety suite that is comprised of highway driving assist (HDA), forward collision-avoidance assist (FCA) with pedestrian detection, lane keeping assist (LKA), lane following assist (LFA), blind-spot view monitor, high beam assist and a surround view monitor.
Link

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st April 2022 at 22:26. Reason: Fixing quote box.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 16:11   #92
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Some dealers have started taking pre-bookings now. It seems the production of current generation Tucson has stopped now and it is more of stock clearance. Target soft launch date is ~ June / July 2022.

I have gone ahead and paid the booking amount for 4th Generation Tucson Diesel AWD/HTRAC. SA will update me around May once they hopefully get more specifics.
neel911 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 16:27   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I have gone ahead and paid the booking amount for 4th Generation Tucson Diesel AWD/HTRAC. SA will update me around May once they hopefully get more specifics.
Awesome! So happy to hear this! Please keep us posted.
Old 18th April 2022, 20:42   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Some dealers have started taking pre-bookings now. It seems the production of current generation Tucson has stopped now and it is more of stock clearance. Target soft launch date is ~ June / July 2022.

Can you confirm which dealer is taking bookings in BLR? And contacts would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 18th April 2022, 20:47   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Can you confirm which dealer is taking bookings in BLR? And contacts would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
I have sent the details over PM.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 22:27   #96
BHPian

Spoke to my dealer friend and cars are expected to arrive August or after. Bookings are unofficial as of now as there is no confirmation from Hyundai India yet.

He confirmed it’s going to be a 7 seater with a longer wheelbase.
sweetvar26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 22:32   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Spoke to my dealer friend and cars are expected to arrive August or after. Bookings are unofficial as of now as there is no confirmation from Hyundai India yet.

He confirmed it’s going to be a 7 seater with a longer wheelbase.
I believe it's all guess work. Some dealers are not even aware that Tucson comes in SWB and LWB. My take is more towards 5 seater LWB version as that is what they are exporting to Nepal and for volumes that they might end up selling in India, it may not make sense to customize for just 1 market to 7 seater.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 22:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Every dealer in Bangalore is taking the booking unofficially, they have been doing so since March. Why do they care, its not their money :-). I got a call even today afternoon from the SA citing that the launch is in May.

However, based on what I have been advised by someone who is privy to these information is that there will be a soft launch early one though the assembly line is being planned only for mid-June / early July time frame as it stands today. So one can expect the first batch to be in August approximately. But do keep in mind that given current scenario, these plans can change anytime. Its not worth heading anybody's input unless it comes from the horse's mouth. IMHO, Hyundai has this nasty habit of launching vehicles with lesser features and then keep adding them over time. So it may worth to wait and watch before jumping in blindly. However if you are eager to get one early on, throwing your hat in the ring does make sense.

Last edited by SR-71 : 18th April 2022 at 23:07.
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 23:17   #99
BHPian

While reason suggests otherwise, the hope remains that Hyundai decides to launch the PHEV version in India.

The electric only range is more than sufficient for my daily commute and then some. For highway runs the ICE seems to be plenty powerful.
Old 18th April 2022, 23:54   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
IMHO, Hyundai has this nasty habit of launching vehicles with lesser features and then keep adding them over time. So it may worth to wait and watch before jumping in blindly. However if you are eager to get one early on, throwing your hat in the ring does make sense.
On features, since this falls in premium segment, this would probably come with all bells and whistles in top end variant with exception of some features which may not make sense for Indian market.

On engine, apart from hybrid, I see globally they have normal Petrol engine, then turbo Petrol and the famous 2.0 litre diesel engine. India will def see the 2.0 Petrol and Diesel, not sure about 1.6 turbo Petrol engine though. I have booked the HTRAC/AWD Diesel model and hoping to get more clarity on specs/colors by May
Old 19th April 2022, 17:29   #101
BHPian

Pre-booking is definitely very dealer discretionary at this moment. I tried enquiring about it in Gurgaon. None of the dealers were ready for it. Also they are maintaining complete silence wrt details about the facelift. Understandably, kept pushing me towards the current Tucson saying that it can be delivered pretty early. (1 month waiting time)

One common info was launch/delivery start could be somewhere between May-Aug.
Old 21st April 2022, 21:23   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghShu View Post
Pre-booking is definitely very dealer discretionary at this moment. I tried enquiring about it in Gurgaon. None of the dealers were ready for it. Also they are maintaining complete silence wrt details about the facelift. Understandably, kept pushing me towards the current Tucson saying that it can be delivered pretty early. (1 month waiting time)

One common info was launch/delivery start could be somewhere between May-Aug.
I was considering the current generation Tucson, but dealers have confirmed that there is only limited inventory available in the factory itself. Could be a sign that the new one is around the corner and may be seen sooner than expected.
Old 21st April 2022, 22:09   #103
BHPian

My SA was stating that production of current Gen Tucson have been halted/ slowed down. There are no kits getting imported at this point so it is more of stock clearance. Again, all this needs to be taken with pinch of salt as nothing is officially coming from Hyundai.

Last edited by neel911 : 21st April 2022 at 22:11.
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:27   #104
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2022 Hyundai Tucson spied in Malaysia – all-new C-segment SUV coming soon in long-wheelbase form. India launch next?

Based on this, and your earlier posted spy shots of the Tucson being tested in India, it appears clear that India is getting the LWB version.

Another indicator that I found of the visual difference between the SWB and LWB (others can confirm if I am correct) is that the bottom sill of the rear side window begins to curve upward before it reaches the door in the SWB version, as in the first photo below. In the LWB, the upward curve begins immediately after the rear door, as in the second photo below.

Now, if only Hyundai will get its act together and launch it already!!
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-1.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-2.png  

R_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 22:32   #105
BHPian

Don’t know what kind of strategy Hyundai is deploying here. Absolutely no info at any of the dealerships in NCR. Only thing they confirm is that existing model production is put on hold, limited inventory available at dealerships (choice of engine and color not guaranteed).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks