Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 22:34   #1
BHPian

Creta owner gets beaten up by Hyundai dealership personnel

Creta owner gets beaten by Hyundai dealership personnel ...

Chhanda Das is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 22:34   #2
BHPian

New day, new controversy involving Hyundai- Dealer beats up customer

While Hyundai had recently entered a big controversy with their posts on the Kashmir issue, now another incident has come to light where Hyundai's Gurgaon dealer has beaten up a Hyundai Creta owner and his family quite badly when the owner refused to get the problematic car repaired because the dealer asked him to stop filming.

Seeing all these incidents, my decision to to never buy a Hyundai or recommend anyone the same gets stronger each day because you never know what is gonna make your life miserable! Would it be the unsafe car or the unreliable and poor quality trait of the cars or would it be the dealer!!?? You never know!

Although I know that the company dealer beating up its customers is not entirely related to the company, but I can vouch that a Maruti/Toyota/Mahindra/Honda dealer would never dare to do that because they are well informed from the manufacturer that these pathetic things can get them into serious trouble..... seems like the same is not in the books of Hyundai India's dealer training documents!

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2022 at 08:26. Reason: Video posted right above, thanks
theAutomaniac is offline   (123) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 22:43   #3
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Fellow bhpian's, don't know if anyone has gone through this video where the brother of quite a famous youtube Arun Pawar was beaten up badly by the Hyundai Dealership, just because they have posted a video on one of the AC related issues in a 2-month-old car (that's what it looks like at the moment).

I'm not justifying here anyone's stand but the high handedness of the dealership and the right to demean and mistreat customers, stooping low to this level is quite apparent these days. Be it TATA, MG, Hyundai or any other manufacturer we are seeing an increasing intolerance among dealerships/manufacturers and they go all bonkers if someone tries to record a video.

Adding a link to the video. Quite disheartening to see what they have to go through as a customer.

PS: Not associated with Arun Pawar or any of his accomplices by any means.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2022 at 08:27. Reason: Video posted right above, thanks
Highh5 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 22:43   #4
BHPian

re: Creta owner gets beaten up by Hyundai dealership personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Seeing all these incidents, my decision to to never buy a Hyundai or recommend anyone the same gets stronger each day because you never know what is gonna make your life miserable! Would it be the unsafe car or the unreliable and poor quality trait of the cars or would it be the dealer!!?? You never know!

Although I know that the company dealer beating up its customers is not entirely related to the company, but I can vouch that a Maruti/Toyota/Mahindra/Honda dealer would never dare to do that because they are well informed from the manufacturer that these pathetic things can get them into serious trouble..... seems like the same is not in the books of Hyundai India's dealer training documents!
While I understand where you are coming from, I believe associating companies to mishaps like this which are purely dealer related might not be fair.

This could have happened to any company.
Also, we recently had an instance with Mahindra where the customer was insulted by the dealership based on attire/outlook. Again an isolated event in my opinion and should not be linked to company ethos.
SinghShu is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 22:57   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Reminds me of the Jeep episode - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-customer.html (Landmark Jeep staff beat up a customer)

Let’s see how Hyundai handles it.
Dry Ice is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 23:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

I am playing devil's advocate while saying we shouldn't arrive at any conclusion till full story is known.

Making a customer bleed is as atrocious as it can get. However, I don't think dealership staff would have started bashing him up from the word go. The whole episode must have started with some arguments, hot arguments, some abuses thrown in mix, some extreme abuses, some scuffle and ended up with customer bleeding.

I am not trivializing the serious incident, but in my experience the beaten up person might also be the initial agrresor. So, wait till facts come out.
AutoNoob is offline   (73) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 23:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I am not trivializing the serious incident, but in my experience the beaten up person might also be the initial agrresor. So, wait till facts come out.
Its hard to sympathize with someone who makes clickbait videos for fun. That channel frequently pops out on my YouTube recommendations because I also own a Creta, but his videos are the typical clickbait stuff so I'll take his version with a bucket of salt.
Nithesh_M is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 23:29   #8
BHPian

Apparently this dealership received some bad reviews from the customer’s brother (who is a known auto reviewer). The dealership was pissed and wanted him to take down the video which was rightly denied by the reviewer. This action was followed as a consequence.

Clear case of hooliganism by the dealership. I hope the customer gets his due justice. It’s really important that company steps in (will have to else it might become a PR disaster) and take punitive action against dealership.
SinghShu is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 23:29   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Taking the law into one's own hands is condemnable and disastrous. Especially so for business establishments who need to attain levels of excellence and garner a good brand equity for their long term survival.

I hope Hyundai has not possibly instructed its dealers to beat the customers if the latter don't comply with whatever the dealer says.

If so, it would be preferable for Hyundai customers to learn "state of the art" self defence techniques for self protection.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th March 2022 at 23:33.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 00:17   #10
BHPian

Irrespective of what the issue is, resorting to violent means is WRONG! While I agree the other side of the story isn't evident yet, there are two points in this video that had me alarmed-
1) If the accusers' claim of a person working with the dealership pulling out a gun turns out to be true, this is pure hooliganism. The man was threatened for life and can easily qualify to be "attempt to murder".
2) Towards the end of the video, the owner shows some of his attempts to communicate the issue with Hyundai via different platforms for which he gets neglectful replies. If this is true, Hyundai too is to be blamed for their negligence. They couldn't communicate properly during the Kashmir issue and now this. I'm still not sure what Hyundai is trying to prove by remaining mum with some serious issues.

Whatever the reasons were, the man was clearly petrified in the scenes where he's in the hospital, getting treated. My sympathies for him and hope he recovers mentally and physically. I'm pretty sure the man's scarred for life and will only remember these scenes everytime he looks back at his Creta. An owners worst dream!

Last edited by @og_adi : 15th March 2022 at 00:19.
@og_adi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 00:58   #11
BHPian

Whatever be the customer's prerogative, beating someone who has purchased a car more than 15L is an absolute disaster for the brand.

Hyundai needs to tackle this dealer. Customers can be demanding, may be irritating with unnecessary asks but you just can't beat a customer black and blue. And for all reasons, Hyundai the brand will be tarnished for this episode. Let's see how they handle it.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th March 2022 at 06:38. Reason: Minor typo.
headbanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 02:03   #12
BHPian

Incident is of Gurgaon where Hooliganism is quite common and instances like these bring bad name to the brand. Gurgaon folks, apologies if my comment intentionally or unintentionally hurts your feelings but just speaking the truth. Gurgaon seems to be full of goons. A lot my close friends from Pune who had temporarily relocated to Gurgaon faced bad experiences.

As for the dealer in question, even he seems to be no less. Such is his audacity that he has got all Google reviews against him with <4 stars removed from the website. I'm pretty sure many people must have given the dealer 1 star rating on Google after this video went viral. There's only a single review with 1 star that too because the car which the customer was looking for wasn't in stock. Rest all reviews are 5 star rated which seems too unlikely. Such practices are absolutely unacceptable and need to stopped at the earliest.
yatesh.92 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 02:55   #13
BHPian

Fits perfectly well to Hyundai’s tag line - ‘New Thinking, New Possibilities’.

On a serious note, there is almost always more than meets the eye in such situations. I would wait for Hyundai’s response here before passing any judgments. Going by past record, we can expect Hyundai to aggressively get this taken down from YouTube, whether it was their dealer’s fault or not.

Also someone mentioned above that Hyundai should not be a party to this because it’s a dealer level issue. I fully disagree. Hyundai appointed the dealer, would have trained the sales professionals and the SAs and therefore co-owns the customer experience here. Don’t know what the law says but in the minds of customers, they are accountable for such situations along with the dealership.
warrioraks is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 07:20   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Come what may, the Hyundai dealer had no right to get violent with the customer. People claiming it's unnecessary hue and cry because it's a click bait video should also understand that Hyundai has helped him make it viral in the first instance by pressuring him to take down the video. This ain't the first time, Hyundai, Kia and MG have a strong PR which make sure all the negative publicity is taken down. Atrocious behaviour by the Dealer
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 07:52   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghShu View Post
While I understand where you are coming from, I believe associating companies to mishaps like this which are purely dealer related might not be fair.

This could have happened to any company.
Also, we recently had an instance with Mahindra where the customer was insulted by the dealership based on attire/outlook. Again an isolated event in my opinion and should not be linked to company ethos.
In my opinion the brand is as responsible for this as the dealer this is an international brand that we are talking about. Should Hyundai not have trained its personnels on how to behave with customers. With that attitude then every organization will start having hooligans on their payrolls. We all work in different multinationals and we clearly know that our conduct whether inside or outside office premises reflects on the organization we represent and anything that tarnishes that will be dealt with very seriously by the organization.

In this case whatever happened, happened within the premises of Hyundai brand.

Mod Note: There are several spelling errors in your post. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th March 2022 at 08:22. Reason: Typos
pmbdcoe is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks