Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 13:53   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

What caught my attention in ACI’s article is this:

Quote:
Like the Innova Crysta, the new Innova will come with a double-barrel name. Likely to see the light of day around Diwali, it will be a bit more affordable than the Crysta and is slated to be a high-volume car. With an estimated production run of 5,600 MPVs a month, the new Innova is likely to eventually replace the Crysta, and Toyota hopes it will appeal to an all-new type of buyer who sees it more as a family car rather than a commercial proposition.
This is Toyota India we are talking about and there is absolutely no way the hybrid Innova is going to slot below the Innova Crysta in terms of pricing!

Next interesting bit is this:

Quote:
On the inside, expect a layout similar to MPVs based on the GA-C platform, with all manner of up-to-date kit. This includes connected tech, cooled seats, wireless charging, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and even delight features like reclining captain’s seats with an ottoman function for ‘lazy boy’ levels of comfort, where you can relax with your feet up.
An ottoman will take the already brilliant comfort of the BOF Innova to a new level! Carnival has ottomans, didn’t make a big impact in the market like was expected, the Innova brand has that pull.

Eagerly waiting for the launch now!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 14:08   #47
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2022 at 07:45.
NICHE is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th May 2022, 14:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

- No diesel and only Hybrid Powertrain, delivering lower running costs than a diesel.
If this is true, it will cost 40 Lakhs plus OTR. God knows what they are thinking. Only hybrid will definitely fail, can't sell in numbers.
Old 16th May 2022, 14:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Next-gen Toyota Innova (560B) to be radically different; expected launch by Diwali 2022.- No diesel and only Hybrid Powertrain, delivering lower running costs than a diesel. - New MPV will get monocoque chassis and front-wheel-drive
Radical change is an understatement. Hope Toyota weans it's clients well by selling the new Innova alongside the Crysta for some time. Down south of Tamilnadu it's a major diesel market and one look at the sales figures of the petrol Innova 2.7 will be an eye opener if the Hybrid powertrain will work or not. From what we get as interior space freed up by the monocoque may be consumed by the battery of the hybrid powertrain. Toyota will charge close to 35 to 40L OTR for it's petrol Hybrid Innova. I have no doubts regards the reliability of new Innova...but how pricey is pricey for a people mover.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 14:37   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Now it all starts to make sense now.

Quote:
Next-gen Toyota Innova (560B) to be radically different; expected Diwali 2022
Second half of 2022 looks to be a busy year for Toyota.

Quote:
- No diesel and only Hybrid Powertrain, delivering lower running costs than a diesel.
Expected.

Quote:
- Next-gen Innova: will be based on TNGA-C platform
Phew. Makes a lot of sense now, instead of all those rumours of the DNGA and TNGA-B platforms.

Quote:
- the MPV we will get could be loosely based on the 670B sold in Japan, to share many bits with Japan-only MPVs like the Toyota Voxy and Noah.
Cool!!! Though how I wish they would bring in the Noah/ Voxy instead. Guess too expensive and the developing markets won't take lightly to sliding rear doors

Quote:
- Will have a new moniker(double-barrel name) , will be a bit more affordable than the Crysta and is slated to be a high-volume car
Expected. They are going to split the Innova brand into two or piggyback the established name just like in usual Toyota fashion. Corona-Corona Mark II, Celica-Celica Supra, Landcruiser- Landcruiser Prado, Celica Camry- Camry, Corolla Tercel-Tercel.

Quote:
- With an estimated production run of 5,600 MPVs a month, the new Innova is likely to eventually replace the Crysta
They would be making it into two model lines. Smaller innova and the bigger one, with suitable prefixxes or suffixes. Don't think they will be killing off the BoF RWD Innova.

Or is it me in denial? Maybe the TNGA-F platform is working out to be too expensive for a next gen Innova.

Last edited by DicKy : 16th May 2022 at 14:40.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 17:52   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
--

- Will have a new moniker(double-barrel name) , will be a bit more affordable than the Crysta and is slated to be a high-volume car

--
Will this be the New Innova?

Hycross = Hybrid + Crossover?

Quote:
Toyota Innova Hycross will have a more inclined look towards the SUV than a pure MPV. Roughly speaking, it could be that later this car will have ornaments and cladding in the style of an SUV, such as Toyota Innova Venturer or Toyota Veloz. So, from this we can conclude temporarily that the name Toyota Innova Hycross is the name that will be used by Toyota Innova Hybrid, at least for the Indian market.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-innovahycross.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th May 2022 at 17:55.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 19:08   #52
BHPian

I am not sure why Toyota should kill the golden goose called Innova Crysta? Why not instead introduce a new monocoque, petrol hybrid, front wheel drive MPV and call it some thing else and keep selling the diesel innova crysta with makeovers and high end electronic accessories?
For some of us who love the RWD, BoF, Diesel MPV, we shall still have "The car" to go for.
cs_rajesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 19:22   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... it will be a bit more affordable than the Crysta
This is the exact bit that caught my attention and I found hard to digest.

Toyota.
Petrol hybrid.
Less external footprint.
More internal space.
Monocoque instead of BOF.
All of this at a LOWER PRICE.

Simply sounds too good to be true. I mean if this is indeed the case, take my money NOW!
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 19:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I am not sure why Toyota should kill the golden goose called Innova Crysta? Why not instead introduce a new monocoque, petrol hybrid, front wheel drive MPV and call it some thing else and keep selling the diesel innova crysta with makeovers and high end electronic accessories?
For some of us who love the RWD, BoF, Diesel MPV, we shall still have "The car" to go for.
Pretty sure that's what they're planning. BoF MPV stays as the "Innova Crysta", hybrid monocoque MPV goes with the name "Innova Hycross" (funny how ACI refuses to mention this name despite being revealed through trademark already)
Astargea is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 20:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Toyota.
Petrol hybrid.
Less external footprint.
More internal space.
Monocoque instead of BOF.
All of this at a LOWER PRICE.
I think Toyota is launching the Veloz to take on smaller MUVs like the Carens:

I think the next generation Innova is still 3-4 years away and it might see a second facelift very soon.
CarNerd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 21:45   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
I think Toyota is launching the Veloz to take on smaller MUVs like the Carens:
https://https://Youtu.be/CZM35hnJ9p4
I think the next generation Innova is still 3-4 years away and it might see a second facelift very soon.
Nope, it’s pretty clear that it’s not going to be the Avanza/Veloz.

1. 2L petrol hybrid is not available on the Veloz
2. Length of Veloz is not 4.7m
3. Body panels of test-mule spotted are very similar to the current Innova Crysta’s
4. Veloz is an Ertiga rival
5. 18 inch wheels on the test-mule are a clear sign that the car is not a Veloz.
6. Last and most important, Veloz cannot be named Innova, period!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 16th May 2022 at 21:48.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 23:20   #57
BHPian

I am skeptical on how a 4.7m petrol FWD MPV with full load would perform while travelling uphill.
Benoit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 23:32   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I am skeptical on how a 4.7m petrol FWD MPV with full load would perform while travelling uphill.
You mean like the XUV500, Kia Carnival, Tata Safari, Mahindra Marazzo, MG Hector plus manage for so many years?
Vid6639 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:53   #59

I am of the opinion that this might not be the new generation of the Innova. A complete new generation is at least two years away. Even the Innova seen testing on Indian roads recently might be a facelift to introduce the hybrid. Toyota might not switch the chassis from LOF to monocoque of Innova anytime soon.
joelmammachen98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:07   #60
BHPian

New Generation of Innova coming this soon is hard to digest knowing Toyota, but then you never know how the industry dynamics change.
I think this is going to be an addition to their stable below Innova Crysta and above the new SUV they have planned with Suzuki.
All in all its more of a complete portfolio with small cars from Suzuki, mid vehicles joint development and big/premium vehicles from their own portfolio.
Mannu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks