Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 08:00   #181
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Spotted a highly Camouflaged car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
Spotted this camouflaged car a few days back near Marthahalli ORR.
Any idea which car is it ?
KA42 - very probably a Toyota.
We shall have to do some guessing now.
Is it the new Innova? - Well, looking at it, most probably No.
Is it the new Toyota SUV? This seems more plausible.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 09:14   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spotted a highly Camouflaged car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
We shall have to do some guessing now.
Is it the new Innova? - Well, looking at it, most probably No.
Is it the new Toyota SUV? This seems more plausible.
This is the new Innova HyCross, which will be unveiled in the upcoming month. Toyota is marketing it as a crossover MPV.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 12:27   #183
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Toyota Innova Hycross India debut on November 25.

Quote:
- The MPV will use a bigger 2.0-litre unit – in both NA and hybrid guise.

- Toyota will also heavily localise the hybrid powertrain technology for the Innova Hycross in order to keep costs in check.

- The brand is expected to announce prices for the Innova Hycross in India at the Auto Expo 2023 that starts on January 13 for the general public.

- Will go on sale by January next year.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 31st October 2022 at 12:36.
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:02   #184
BHPian

On a Mileage (Kms/liter) front a hybrid HyCross might have an advantage with approx. 23.x KMPL. However, the complexity is increased many folds due to the involved electronics in managing two drive trains, and an additional battery management. This will definitely add up to reliability and maintenance issues. Assuming that the Diesel and Hybrid will be retained by Toyota, has anyone done an analysis of the advantages, disadvantages and break even?

In other words, what use-cases are favorable for Diesel/Pertol or Hybrid. For e.g. if my lifetime usage with this care will be 1Lac Kms, should i buy a hybrid/Diesel ?

Diesel:
-More reliable and less complicated (I mean proven drivetrain) drivetrain.
-Costly to run, in Comparision to Hybrid.
-Low long term maintenance

Hybrid :
-Complicated drive train? May be less reliable.
-Economical to run
-Batter replacement cycle? when shoud the batter be replaced and what cost?

Have just put down my thoughts, would be good to have your inputs on this perspective.

Last edited by sad:) : 31st October 2022 at 14:03.
sad:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:57   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post

Diesel:
-More reliable and less complicated (I mean proven drivetrain) drivetrain.
-Costly to run, in Comparision to Hybrid.
-Low long term maintenance
Diesel being reliable is a thing of past now, in this post BS6 era. Almost all diesel Toyota, Mahindra, etc are riddled with DPF issues. My own new Thar had its own DPF regen issue in first 600km , then at 1800km. Both incidents were solved by A.S.S. My car is nearing the 10,000km and I often see regen light come and go, giving me undue pressure. Must add, my running is around 2500km monthly
AMG1 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 16:13   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
On a Mileage (Kms/liter) front a hybrid HyCross might have an advantage with approx. 23.x KMPL.
23kmpl for a 2 liter petrol engine in hybrid motor a heavy 7 seater MPV?

Isn't it too idealistic?

Dont think more than 15kmpl would be possible in real world with full load and luggage in trunk as well as on top carrier ... common use case of Innova in India.
sagsaw is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 10:42   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Five advanced features that are likely to be equipped in the upcoming MPV:

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotainnovahycrossspiedindia11280x640.jpg

Innova Hybrid will be present through three different variants, namely G, V and Q.

1. Panoramic sunroof : To feature in the V and Q variant

2.Captain Seat:

Especially for the highest variant or type Q, the manufacturer equips the Innova Hybrid with a captain seat in the second row. Similar features are usually found in many luxury cars.

3.Toyota Safety Sense (TSS):

Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) is likely to also be present in the Innova Hybrid. Reportedly, only the highest variant is crammed with cutting-edge technology.
The TSS embedded in Toyota cars consists of Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Warning & Pre-Collision Braking, Front Departure Alert, Lane Departure Warning & Lane Departure Prevention, Pedal Misoperation Control, and Automatic High Beam (AHB).

4. T-Touch
:

The Innova Hybrid will reportedly also have telematics technology, namely T-Intouch.
That feature provides a digital connectivity experience in everyday life. The system can connect users to all Toyota services, to get solutions and benefits of certain services.

Various services can be enjoyed by vehicle owners, ranging from find my car, geofencing, stolen vehicle tracking, vehicle info, E-Care, trip driving updates, road assistance, and much more.

5. Power Back Door Voice Command:

In the highest variant, the Innova Hybrid will be paired with a voice command technology called Power Back Door Voice Command. It's one step ahead of the Power Back Door with foot sensor.
Because, with this technology, vehicle owners can open the rear door through voice commands.

Link

Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st November 2022 at 11:08.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 11:05   #188
BHPian

It looks interesting from Toyota at this point. However when I discussed with a couple of dealers in Bangalore, my guess is that they will continue to sell the current version and the Hycross version. This makes me think, this could be the new cash cow for Toyota with prices touching upwards of 25-30L ex-showroom.

Since it is a completely new platform, I expect Toyota to price it aggressively initially and then increase every quarter
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 11:40   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
3.Toyota Safety Sense (TSS):

5. Power Back Door Voice Command:
High time Toyota brought TSS to India. Don't care about the other features. But adaptive cruise control and automatic high beam are desirable ones.

Not sure about the voice command power back door. Just a button for the driver and the feet swipe is needed.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 12:11   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's version of Innova HYcross will be retailed through Nexa.

- Toyota is expected to announce prices for the Innova Hycross in India at the Auto Expo 2023. Deliveries to commence thereafter.

- Toyota will also heavily localise the hybrid powertrain technology for the Innova Hycross.

- The MPV will be sold alongside the existing Innova Crysta that is currently sold only with a petrol engine.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 13:25   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

- The MPV will be sold alongside the existing Innova Crysta that is currently sold only with a petrol engine.
Do not think Toyota would continue to sell the petrol Innova once the hybrid is launched, as the models would be competing. They discontinued the diesel Innova, probably to ensure the left over petrol versions would get cleared out before the hybrid comes out.

We should look forward to the diesel Innova coming back
RSimonS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 00:08   #192
BHPian

Looks like Toyota wants to make the new Innova also worthy of a decade of ownership. With this offering they have made the step function change. Its not half hearted, except that I feel the age of NA engines is over, long ago. A 1.5 turbo petrol would give the same performance at a better fuel economy. But, I guess it all came down to cost, both during purchase and TCO during a long ownership period.
Toyota always played it smart, introduce a new product in a category that you first shape up. The Innova and the fortunes both where a sort of firsts in their segments, in the value they created. Others were around, but they did not really create that one market defining product. The launch is with a lot of clear differentiators. Once you create the market, keep improving marginally both the product and the price to match each iteration, while playing the reliability, service and quality card. Its seems that the same playbook is used here, again.
Not bad for customers. Price in this segment is not a problem, if the product is right. Time and again, all brands have proved it. People still want to book the XUV700 with a 2 year waiting period.
With a sea of change in the total electronics that this will carry, it would be interesting to see how they will manage the supply chain, hence the waiting periods. Its, no worry though for Toyota, there is no clear alternative. Ofcourse, if Kia wants to get aggressive with their carnival and somehow create a EX variant within 20% of the Innova price, then it would get interesting. Does not seem like that, though so far.
This year seems the defining moment for future of Diesel hearts. The leaning away has started, it will only get clearer in the coming days. For someone who wants to spend 40+ on a diesel heart, will need to think how the ecosystem will look like 5 years down the lane. A lot of thinking for new car buyers, especially the expensive ones.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 13:13   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest render based on the leaked CAD model:

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-ed7d759b03724664aac0d20b482bbd26.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckagg4VJ...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:36   #194
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Zenix (Hycross) new teaser

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-20221102_163407.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd November 2022 at 16:41.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:22   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

TNGA-based 2023 Toyota Innova Zenix to get hybrid power, 2.0L Dynamic Force too.

Toyota Indonesia's latest teaser confirms that the MPV will feature a hybrid powertrain.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-2813b3e0670147bfb3953a8a87945259_1200.jpg

Quote:
the only tease this time is the telltale 'Hybrid' badge along the fender, and not much else of the entire car.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed