Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 06:23   #271
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

BLOCKBUSTER written all over it. Even at 30+ lacs there’s nothing that is as butch and reliable and fuel efficient as this in that price range. Reminds me a lot of the LC with the squarish front than the Highlander, which for me is a good this as it has an old school/not so sharp feel to it.
TejasV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 07:39   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasV View Post
BLOCKBUSTER written all over it. Even at 30+ lacs there’s nothing that is as butch and reliable and fuel efficient as this in that price range. Reminds me a lot of the LC with the squarish front than the Highlander, which for me is a good this as it has an old school/not so sharp feel to it.
I will prefer to wait and watch. The last month sales for Hyryder is just 3500. Creta was 12000, Seltos 10000 and Grand Vitara 8000. The Honda Hybrid also is kind of dead on arrival. The market is lukewarm so far to hybrids.

I assume more than half of sales of Crysta was from taxi segment. This car has a big problem with ladies who are kind of decision makers in family car purchase decisions. From my experience they associate the car as a taxi. This is not an aspirational car.

Don't think HyCross will be available for commercial segment, even otherwise fleet segment will not be keen to have such a feature rich, non diesel, technically advanced car running as a taxi. So Toyota will have to pull more personal buyers in to buying the car to make up for this loss. Top end will surely hover around 35-37L. 5000-6000 will be a good monthly number to start with I feel.
poloman is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 09:45   #273
BHPian

I suspect that Toyota will price it to match the Carnival - or slightly more. So, we're looking at 37-47 lakhs on-road, give or take.
buzzy_boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 10:13   #274
BHPian

Those wheels are looking puny but otherwise it looks good and it definitely looks more SUV like but maybe it is the angle of the image. A side profile image will reveal whether it looks more SUV or more van like. I wish they had retained the rear wheel drive though.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:27   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I
I assume more than half of sales of Crysta was from taxi segment. This car has a big problem with ladies who are kind of decision makers in family car purchase decisions. From my experience they associate the car as a taxi. This is not an aspirational car.
You are correct. That's how I started out wanting to buy the Petrol Innova in May 2022 and ended up with the Fortuner 4x4 AT. The better half wanted nothing to do with the Innova.

I expect the new Zenix to be for the consumer segment only. I think it has been reported by Autocar India and others that the old Crysta diesel, with some facelift, will continue to serve the fleet market. The fleet market runs their Innova for 150k-200k Kms every year- so they are not bothered by the 10 year lifespan.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 10:28   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
I suspect that Toyota will price it to match the Carnival - or slightly more. So, we're looking at 37-47 lakhs on-road, give or take.

If that's the case, why stop selling Crysta. As it will be a new price range. They won't be vacating 20 - 27 lakh range.

I am expecting the mid variant to be priced between 21-23 lakhs. Maybe Toyota will surprise us with a price starting 18.99 for base variant (introductory price).

Instead of speculating higher price, why not we expect the price to be lower and if they price higher we can crib about it.

Last edited by jthomas : 17th November 2022 at 10:55.
jthomas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 10:46   #277
BHPian

I don’t really think this will cost more than the Innova Crysta. Given the info that it will spawn a Maruti sibling, petrol hybrid powertrain and monocoque it should be somewhere 3-5L above the XUV 700 which has got a similar feature set. Going by the Hyryder, the lower variants should be well equipped and definitely fall around the 23-25L and an easy 7-8L gap to the Top variants.
aa1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 10:55   #278
BHPian

What is the difference between unveiling and launching? And does the production begins to happen only after the launch (in this case Jan 2023)?
Old 17th November 2022, 11:07   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
If that's the case, why stop selling Crysta. As it will be a new price range. They won't be vacating 20 - 27 lakh range.
Per my understanding, they stopped the Crysta Diesel due to problems posed by the upcoming roll-out of Cafe-2 norms.

The Hyryder strong Hybrid starts at 18.5L (OTR), so I don't think they'll want to price the Hycross as close to the Hyryder.

Toyota might launch the Corolla-cross to take on the Jeep Compass, and the Tucson petrol in the 25-35 L price bracket. But, this is pure speculation.

Finally, given their history, I would, almost always, bet against Toyota going for an agressive pricing strategy!

Last edited by buzzy_boy : 17th November 2022 at 11:09.
buzzy_boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 11:19   #280
BHPian

Reminds me of MG Hector from certain angles like the grille and body to wheels ratio.

While MG does not have a cachet of Toyota in India, with monocoque front wheel drive of this car, wonder if MG Hector Plus suddenly will not look great value, if they launch the new version with ADAS in next couple of months.
Sidban85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 11:41   #281
Team-BHP Support

This car is going to become an excuse to push the Fortuner into the 50L+ starting price category.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 11:44   #282
BHPian

Going by the general sentiments in this thread, looks like Toyota is readying itself the Ka-ching Innova ...their cash-registers won't stop ringing for quite some time.

On a serious note, I hope this is priced well. The recent sales trends suggest that XUV700 and ScorpioN are doing some great numbers, and these customers probably ignored the Crysta due to its utilitarian nature. The Hycross can really appeal to those customers looking for an exhaustive feature set and premium appeal backed by the legendary reliability of the T badge. Toyota wont shy away from collecting their due premium, but how much more is the question!
GKR9900 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 12:12   #283
BHPian

What would be effect of the E20 fuel on mild hybrids? Would this be significantly different than that on regular petrol vehicles? Should this be a consideration while purchasing a mild hybrid?
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 13:20   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Innova Hycross bookings open from November 25th.

Attachment 2380075

Attachment 2380076

Maruti Suzuki will also have a version of the Toyota Innova Hycross which will make its public debut sometime in mid-2023.

Link
A Maruti offering for the same would be absolutely comical but then again I'm eager to see the response to it. A car with a Maruti badge for 25-30 odd lakhs cracks me up.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th November 2022 at 22:06. Reason: Typos
jono213 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th November 2022, 13:34   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
You are correct. That's how I started out wanting to buy the Petrol Innova in May 2022 and ended up with the Fortuner 4x4 AT. The better half wanted nothing to do with the Innova.
So true. My better half has zero interest in the Innova - we've been in Innova taxis over the years - and she sees it as a pure yellow-plate vehicle - unrefined, noisy, no sunroof, average music system, sideways movement, essentially nothing plush and aspirational really (no offence to owners). The Fortuner - on the other hand - scores with her at least somewhat in terms of butch presence, non-taxi image & being a segment higher.

She is wholly uninterested in knowing the virtues of the Innova - why people fall over each other to continue to buy it.

The Innova Hycross hopefully will appeal to the family buyer with its refinement & creature comforts, in addition to space, practicality and reliability

Last edited by RoadTiger : 17th November 2022 at 13:37.
RoadTiger is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks