Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2022, 12:44   #346
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Based on the pics from the Indonesian unveiling it looks more in the leagues of WRV, Ertiga/X6 league or Alcazar/Kia level than a full fledged Innova. I am strictly referring to the dimensions only.
It is longer, both in length and wheelbase, than the Crysta.
I don't know how you got W-RV or XL-6 , one is under 4m jacked up Hatch and other is 4m+ MUV. Alcazar is even bigger than XL-6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
How do the current Crysta owners feel about the car?
I bought VX crysta last month, I am impressed by this too. Alloys are in same finish as 4x4 Fortuner, I would've liked diamond cut ones too but will reserve my judgement till I see the car in person. Maybe they'll change somethings from Indonesia spec, like more chrome and maybe that'll include different alloys too?
It being monocoque platform, maybe it will not handle abuse as much as Crysta, but hardly any personal vehicle will see that much abuse to make a difference during typical ownership period, afterall it's still a Toyota.
I might replace our Duster with this.

Last edited by Stolidus500 : 21st November 2022 at 12:56.
Stolidus500 is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 12:50   #347
BHPian

Absolutely designed for the WIN! Looks superb, and is a much better competitor to Kia Carnival. Since based in Delhi, buying a carnival makes no sense (10Year NGT Rule), hence this just might be the deal. Looks like toyota is going to price this between 26L-37L.

Called up MGF Toyota for the booking this morning, they said its not open yet(I am sure a lot of dealers might be taking in good no. of soft bookings).
aamishdhingra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 12:57   #348
BHPian

This car is the most SUV-like MPV that we've seen in a long, long time. Fantastic job by Toyota inside out!
reppy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:01   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamishdhingra View Post
Absolutely designed for the WIN! Looks superb, and is a much better competitor to Kia Carnival. Since based in Delhi, buying a carnival makes no sense (10Year NGT Rule), hence this just might be the deal. Looks like toyota is going to price this between 26L-37L.

Called up MGF Toyota for the booking this morning, they said its not open yet(I am sure a lot of dealers might be taking in good no. of soft bookings).
Hi you can try Galaxy Toyota.. .. they might take advance bookings
Old 21st November 2022, 13:06   #350
BHPian

Just received this sms from Toyota

Dear Guest,
Toyota India welcomes you for the grand unveil of the legend elevated to an all-new HY at 11:00 AM on 25th Nov, 2022.
https://bit.ly/newHY
#MyNewHY
car_crazy1400 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:06   #351
BHPian

Any word about the milieage that can be expected ?
Old 21st November 2022, 13:10   #352
BHPian

When will be the booking for the new Toyota Innova Hycross starts in India?
Old 21st November 2022, 13:17   #353
BHPian

Will Hycross get ventilated seats? There were speculation about it earlier however not heard anything from Zenix unveil. I hope Toyota obliges us with most deserved feature for Indian conditions.
Old 21st November 2022, 13:21   #354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Based on the pics from the Indonesian unveiling, it looks more in the leagues of WRV, Ertiga/X6 league or Alcazar/Kia level than a full-fledged Innova.

It's 20 mm longer & 20 mm wider than Innova & around similar in height.
Turbanator is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:22   #355
BHPian

The way the car looks Toyota as usual will price it higher than innova crysta . Makes me think how much more of a hike the fortuner will see after this car starts sellling in good numbers. But I don't get the market ,unless it's better ride quality or fuel efficiency ,why would people switch from the crysta( ncr folks obviously will prefere this ) but for the rest of the population I don't see where this car will fit in toyotas line up .
Chimera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:23   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Here are the dimensions in comparison to the 6th Gen.

The Kijang Innova Zenix is longer and wider by 20 mm, and the wheelbase is increased by 100 mm. Ground clearanceis maintained at 185 mm. Height remains the same.

More on the variants:

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-capture.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix2-1.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix3.jpeg

Three Grades
All New Kijang Innova Zenixis available in seven variants divided into three main classes namely Q, V, and G. In grade Q 2.0 HV is equipped with Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 and is available in dozens of Modelista as an additional package.

In grade V there are two engine options, namely gasoline and hybrid EV. Grade 2.0 V HV available Modelista option. While in grade G, there are also two engine options, including a hybrid EV.

This makes the All New Kijang Innova Zenix the first Toyota model to have a choice of hybrid EVs in each grade.

TNGA's New 2.0L Engine

The All New Kijang Innova Zenix gets a Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) 2.0L gasoline engine coded M20S-FKS Dynamic Force Engine which is claimed to be efficient and powerful. This 1,987 cc 4-cylinder Dual VVT-i engine produces 174 PS of power at 6,600 rpm and 20.9 Kgm of torque at 4,500-4,900 rpm.

Fifth Generation Hybrid

The hybrid technology used is the fifth generation or the most up-to-date from Toyota, just like the one used in the latest Toyota Prius.

The M20A-FXS-coded TNGA 2.0L engine on the All New Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid EV produces 152 PS of power at 6,000 rpm and 19.1 Kgm of torque at 4,400-5,200 rpm. This Dual VVT-i 4-cylinder engine is powered by an electric motor of 113 PS and 21 Kgm of torque, resulting in a combined power of 186 PS.

The hybrid variant features Ni-MH batteries packed in a compact package and stored under both front seats without compromising space in the cabin area. Mizuma claims that the selection of nickel batteries is suitable for the All New Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid EV because it has better resistance in hot weather such as Indonesia.

Manual Transmission Eliminated

All New ToyotaKijang InnovaZenix gasoline and hybrid engines are both equipped with a CVT transmission coded K120. There is no longer the option of a manual transmission as in the previous model. Transmini CVT is claimed to have smooth and responsive performance.
A 10-speed sequential shiftmatic mode is adopted to allow gearshifts such as manual transmission to improve driving pleasure. The system allows shifting in the selected al-gear by moving the transmission lever to + or - when the transmission lever is in position M.

Uphill/downhill shift controlis claimed to contribute to improving driving ability on mountain routes. Its system assesses uphill or downhill roads according to the gas opening and speed of the car. When going uphill, the control of the acceleration pedal is improved. As the downhill and the car slides faster and faster, the downshiftis implemented automatically. Downshiftalso plays a role in providing a stronger engine brake effect when the brakes start working.

The G HV, V HV, and Q HV types are equipped with Eco, Normal, Power, and EV driving modes. While the G and V types of gasoline only have Eco, Normal, and Power driving modes.

Pricing: (Indonesia)

Toyota Kijang Innova Zenix for Sale Starting at Rp 419 Million to Rp. 611 million.

Gasoline Variant: Type G: Rp 419 million Type V:Rp 467 million

Hybrid Variant: Type G: Rp 458 million Type V: Rp 530 million Type Q:Rp 611 million

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st November 2022 at 13:47.
volkman10 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:24   #357

Few of my thoughts.
1. The Air con controls are touch operated and not the manual dials.
2. The 18” wheels still look a bit smaller, but will reserve my opinion when viewed in person
3. The video or photos doesn’t provide clarity on where to lob the annoying mobile phone. Does this mean no wireless charging?
Old 21st November 2022, 13:38   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
It is longer, both in length and wheelbase, than the Crysta.
I don't know how you got W-RV or XL-6 , one is under 4m jacked up Hatch and other is 4m+ MUV. Alcazar is even bigger than XL-6.
Like I said, my opinion was purely 'based on the pics' . However, now that there are 2 confirmations that it is longer and wider than Innova then it would make sense that it is priced at a premium than Innova but I am still hoping that they don't do crazy premium!
Ashwin Morey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:40   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
How do the current Crysta owners feel about the car?
As a 2022 Crysta owner, I am impressed but still think Crysta Zx D was a wiser decision.
My Crysta 2.4 ZX AT was delivered not two months ago, and these are my observations as a Crysta owner.
  • Exterior: The front looks marginally better, side profile isn’t something that blows your mind away but the rear just looks way better than the current Crysta. They have given it SUV styling from the front and back but the rear misses out. Alloys of Crysta ZX are way better.
  • Interior: That Dashboard just looks too much like a van. I don’t like the gear selector position, it’s just too awkward. The AC controls of the Crysta are much better, with knobs for fan and temperature, now its buttons which don’t feel too great. Even the cluster of the Crysta looks better, personally I’m not a fan of digital instrument clusters. Classic analog dials and a colour MID is the best looking thing out there.
  • Features: Now this is where the new one absolutely annihilates the old one. Panoramic sunroof, that too with roof mounted vents, ambient lights and the works. This one looks like it comes with Adaptive Cruise Control. Hopefully we don’t see any Maruti bits in the interior.
  • Performance: Hybrid for the win? Only a road test will tell if this is any match for the Crysta. The power mode in the diesel is a monster for the highways and doesn’t lose steam above 120km/h. Also not sure if it’s RWD but probably not. I guess the Crysta will be the fun to drive one among the two. Even if the petrol gives 15-16km/l the cost of HEV tech and the difference in petrol and diesel prices will offset that. Crysta already costed 32l+ on road Mumbai, top variant of this will breach 40l easily.
  • Overall package: Being a Toyota, you get reliability, comfort and now features too so you can’t really go wrong with it. If the Crysta isn’t discontinued, it might still find some diehard Innova fans buying it, while some will prefer the newer design and features more attractive. At the end, a Toyota is a Toyota.

All that being said, I don’t regret picking up the 2.4 ZX AT, and I think if the new one drives well, has the same go anywhere capability, it should sell well with the new features. The Fortuner doesn’t need to worry, people will still pay 50L for it.
city2491 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:40   #360
BHPian

varunswnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed