Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2022, 17:05   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: If you were to buy a car today, would you have bought the car(s) you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post

If you were to buy a car today, would you have bought the car(s) you currently own, if available or relevant in the present-day market?
2016 Etios D- No. Not because of the car, but we had originally set out to buy something else. A story for another day, but we ended up with the Etios, only because we respected it for what it is. Not out of desire or want. We were looking at either 2nd gen Figo D or Jazz D or TUV300. If it was within the last three years would have bought either the Nexon D or Ecosport D or XUV300 D.

Right now? Would wait for the Scorpio N or the Toyota D22. Or still waiting for the XUV700 MX we booked months back.
DicKy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 17:21   #17
BHPian

Re: If you were to buy a car today, would you have bought the car(s) you currently own?

Hi All,
I currently own a 2019 Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium+ and a 2020 Ford Freestyle Diesel BS6 Titanium+

These 2 are amongst the best in class even now.
The Endeavour 2019 Facelift is the best version of the best 4X4 7 seater SUV as per me (& many bhpians) and the Freestyle is a tough & fun little daily runabout beater car.

Wish Ford never left though. Planning to keep them both for as long as I can.
Attached Thumbnails
If you were to buy a car today, would you have bought the car(s) you currently own?-dsc_4784.jpg  

If you were to buy a car today, would you have bought the car(s) you currently own?-whatsapp-image-20220501-1.15.45-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Aniket6 : 10th June 2022 at 17:23.
Aniket6 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 19:40   #18
BHPian

2013 i20 1.4P AT: No. Has been reliable so far, built well and fast but it's a gas guzzler and the cabin isn't spacious. Picks up speed well and was one of those rare cars in segment to come with 4-wheel disc brakes, but the tranny is incredibly slow to react to sudden inputs and sort of sucks away all the fun.

2016 Baleno CVT: No. Great city car and big on features and space, revv happy K series plus butter smooth transmission(best suited for sedate drivers like me) but I wouldn't buy it again, primarily because of safety concerns and that godforsaken AMT unit in the new models.

What then? Ideally, would like to sell both and wait for Toyota's new SUV(D22) and add an EV few years later.
MotoBlip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 20:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

Currently own a 2015 Scorpio S10 4WD MT and a 2018 Swift Zxi+ MT.

For ~20L I would have no option rather than buying a Scorpio. I need generous GC, 4WD. Can do with better brakes and better ride quality.

Swift - Horrible sheet metal used, bends / deforms even without knowledge. I keep wondering where did this happen. This can be replaced with either an Ignis in AT or a Sonet in AT. (Yes different price segments but manageable).

Basically I want a city commuter and.a highway SUV which can go anywhere, roads or no roads.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 20:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza

Will I buy it again if it were available in the diesel today? Probably No.

Reason: I would certainly looked to have stretched my budget and bought a basic XUV7OO diesel to enjoy that big diesel motor for a bit of a premium - just to put things into perspective 1.3 to 2.2 diesel is something that I would call more than an “UPGRADE”
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 21:11   #21
BHPian

Absolutely. Currently own -

Honda City 3rd gen
9 years and still going strong. Love the NA engine and the power on tap. Never found it to be short of power. Had a blast driving in the hilly terrain of Uttarakhand.
Massive leg room and boot space. Has traveled to the north and south on our yearly trips.
No regrets on the purchase.

Kia Sonet GTX 7DCT
Was in 2 minds whether to go for the DCT after reading the horror stories. Took the plunge and am enjoying the butter smooth gear shifts. Wonderful package with most of the creature comforts and the drive experience that one looks forward to.

Enjoying both cars to the hilt. So much so that on our trip to Uttarakhand last month we couldn’t decide till the last minute which car to take. Finally at 11pm (a few hours before we left for the trip) on the night before we were to leave the City won the battle and we moved all the luggage from the Sonet to the City.

Last edited by gpagedar : 10th June 2022 at 21:16. Reason: Edited some details
gpagedar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 22:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Honda City CVT 4th Gen 2017:Would buy the new City any day a firm YES

My son has a Grand i10 automatic: A firm Yes
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 23:45   #23
Team-BHP Support

Skoda Kodiaq: Absolutely Would buy it again hands down if it was sold with the Diesel. But now that there is no Diesel, I probably would not buy the Kodiaq if I was in the market and get a Compass Model S.

BMW 328i: Oh hell yeah. Pure joy and perfect weekend car to fill the fun quotient.

Ford Ecosport: 50:50 It's still the best sub 4M SUV around imo especially the diesel, but I would probably get a Kushaq or Taigun if buying now.

Toyota Corolla: Reliable and perfect chauffeur driven car. We are now missing this kind of car and I would buy this still for my dad for his use.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 00:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great thread.

The cars in my garage,

1. 2020 Rapid 1.0 Tsi AT : Yes I would definitely buy it again. At the price point that it was available, there is absolutely no other car in its class to give this much fun and driving pleasure. Period.

2. 2019 Duster 4WD RXZ: Again an absolutely brilliant car. The features, comfort and capability at that price cannot be beaten. People who own it, knows what it really is. Super fun. Would I buy it today, probably No. However that's not because of the car. I am lazy and bored to shift gears anymore in the city. And gone are the days that AT cars are not fun. Apart from DCTs, the new Aisin Torque Converters are super as well. If the Duster ever comes back with an AT along with a 4x4, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Altocumulus is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 01:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Used ford ikon 1.6 - nope. Should have gone for a baleno 1.6. I can no longer see the car on the roads today.

Ritz vdi - Yes. Infact, I was looking to get a zdi to replace the vdi.

scross 1.3 - Nope. I wanted airbags and went with the rave reviews, even though handling is what people would call European or mature, it is still no where close to the ikon, or to the ritz. Yes, I feel that ritz is a better handling car than the scross. scross is good in straight lines, but when it comes to corners, ikon and ritz are definitely better. In hindsight, I should have waited a little bit more and then should have gone and found an ritz zdi.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 02:00   #26
BHPian

Presently I own a Jeep Compass 1.4 Sport. It is too early to comment on this because it’s been only 4 months of ownership. I haven’t faced any issues (not even the infamous rattles) in the 4300kms I have covered so far, so my answer at the moment is yes. Probably I will go for a higher variant if I am buying it again.

Until 4 months ago I used to own a Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 MJD. This is one car I would buy again with eyes closed, without a second thought. It is the car that taught me the importance of simple, solidly engineered mechanicals. Every single thing in that car was still working absolutely fine at 100000+ kms when I sold it off. If Fiat brand was still selling cars and a refreshed Linea T jet was available, I probably would have upgraded to it.

We also have an i10 Nios and a 2012 Tata nano in our family. These also will be bought again just because I cannot imagine anything better suited for their intended purposes.
Night Raven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 02:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Current car: Jazz VX CVT.

Would I buy it today? Probably No.

Reason being we have better options now. Magnite CVT would be my choice in similar budget today for the excellent engine transmission combo and its almost as safe(few points lesser than jazz though) as per GNCAP rating (4* with stable bodyshell). Better performance and higher GC is what makes me prefer it among the current crop of cars under 12L OTR Bangalore

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th June 2022 at 02:13.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 04:56   #28
BHPian

2010 Hyundai i10 (Sportz) - No. This was our first car and was a no nonsense ownership experience. Looking back, I wouldn’t purchase it because of the lack of safety features, puny rubber, uninvolving drive (was a rev happy engine though) and better options at the price point (after adjusting for inflation).

2016 Ford Ecosport TDCi Titanium - Yes, a resounding one. This car spoils everything else out there at a similar price point with its precise steering, connection to the driver, well engineered feel and low cost of ownership. There is no option that feels like a proper upgrade or replacement.
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 05:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread!
Getz CVS - Maybe, spacious, practical but low FE. Nothing wrong with the car, it just made sense back then.

Esteem VXI - Maybe again. Nice engine, amazing space to carry stuff around but can't imagine buying it now.

Elantra SX - Yes. Practical, spacious, loaded even back then and good to be driven around. Is a boat but you won't care when you are sitting in the back seat mostly.

Marazzo - No. Ticks all the boxes but just isn't worth the money. Spacious but ergonomically weird in the driver's seat and comfy but nothing special about the rear seats. In fact I feel really tired at the end of Pune-Kolhapur run. Got a great deal during BS4 to BS6 transition so picked it up. Now handed over to the driver again mostly.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 06:01   #30
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

BMW 530 D M Sport 2015 Model: YES, anytime again incase if I sell the present one. Wonderful car to drive, feel very safe and powerful. owners pride and neighbours envy.

VOLVO XC 60. D5 : YES, in fact planning to buy my second one. Pleasure to drive and feel very safe. My wife's favourite.

Last edited by sumukha : 11th June 2022 at 06:03. Reason: mfg year
sumukha is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks