Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 11:47   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra Getaway - Where Can I Buy It? Is There a BS-4 Version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
Kindly help me in any way. Looking for immediate support.
Please check with forum member "MileCruncher". He has a Getaway [afaik, the only one on TBHP] and might be able to answer your questions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...taway-4x4.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 5th August 2013, 19:01   #107
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Getaway - Where Can I Buy It? Is There a BS-4 Version?

BHPian Jaskirat might have a clue too, due to this.

cya
R
Old 24th November 2013, 13:27   #108
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab

In my search I did call up India Garage, Bangalore. They have confirmed that then model is still on sale but is manufactured only on order. Unfortunately they do not gave a trial vehicle unlike the Tata xenon xt.
M&M requires 8 weeks to deliver the getaway compared to the 6 weeks for Tata xenon xt.
Old 27th July 2016, 17:33   #109
BHPian

Can't find the getaway thread on my mobile, so posting this image here - posted by Cathay Pacific on Facebook

Apologies, it seems the image didn't get attached. Trying to attach the image again. Mods please merge my post, as not able to edit from mobile app. The camoflaged vehicle is being sent somewhere by plane - since it is on Cathay Pacific - must be an international destination.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-scorpiogetaway.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 27th July 2016 at 19:50. Reason: Merged as requested
jessie007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 10:06   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
The camoflaged vehicle is being sent somewhere by plane - since it is on Cathay Pacific - must be an international destination.
That face and that bed looks yum! I would love to buy it with all bells and whistles in a dual cab mode.
Old 25th May 2017, 17:14   #111
BANNED

Big thanks to RavenAvi and his friend Raqibali Ismail for sharing these latest spy shots of the Scorpio​ Getaway

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-img20170525wa0017.jpg

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-img20170525wa0020.jpg

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-img20170525wa0021.jpg

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-img20170525wa0022.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 19:11   #112

jobug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 10:30   #113
BHPian

Hello everybody,

I need some advice- well lots of it actually.

I am based in Ahmedabad have a Bolero DI 4x2 which I am in the process of selling off to buy a 4x4. My usage is going to be strictly 80% on road and 20% off road and I have a budget of 12 lakh rupees on-road. I need a metal hard-top vehicle which can seat 5 people so vehicles like the Thar, Gypsy etc are automatically disqualified.

My intended usage is overlanding to places in India (and also the adjoining countries some day) with frequent trips to Pune and Hyderabad for family meetups. Otherwise, it will be my daily drive to Work (70 kilometres to and fro)

Now coming to the part where I need advice; this is the evaluation of the vehicles I am considering

Mahindra Scorpio 4x4- Fits my requirements perfectly. However the 4x4 is sadly only available in the top end S11 variant which costs 16.xx lakhs ex-showroom Ahmedabad. I have already shot of an email to M&M basically asking them why would they only keep a 4x4 on a top-end when they earlier had the Scorpio LX 4x4, Scorpio SLE 4x4 and Scorpio S4 4x4

Force Gurkha- I tried the 3 door Xplorer variant. Fantastic off-road. Beautiful driving dynamics on-road. However, the power for high speed cruising is very less as it took me a long time to get to speeds of 100 km/hr. And after getting to 100, there wasnt much left. Since my requirements are 80% on-road and 20% off-road, I am planning to skip the Force Gurkha. A new Mahindra Bolero LX 4x4 is also disqualified because of the lack of power for high speed cruising. If I still go ahead and buy the Xplorer 3 door because of lack of options, I would be removing the side-facing seats at the rear and will put in 2 Captain Seats.

Mahindra Scorpio Getaway 4x4- The only reason I am considering this vehicle is because it fits in my budget at 11.17 on-road Ahmedabad. I have no perceived utility of the loading bay. Infact if anything, the large dimensions of the vehicle are only going to trouble me inside of Ahmedabad but hey its 5.5 lakhs cheaper than the S11 4x4. I can live with a loading bay since the price difference between the Scorpio S11 4x4 and the Scorpio Getaway 4x4 is so high.

My questions regarding the Scorpio Getaway 4x4

1) I spoke to 2 dealerships; both said the Getaway is out of production. One said they are waiting for 2018 manufacturing while the other said they are waiting for a facelift.

2) Are there any provisions for covering the loading bay with a metal cover (like the Xenon or Isuzu VCross).

3) As per M&M's website, the Getaway 4x4 currently has the older Scorpio's face (the 2.6 CRDe face). It seems from the posts above that they might be giving it a facelift so that it has the current Scorpio's face. (A shame; I love the current 2.6 CRDe face). Does anybody have any confirmed news about this

4) The BS4 engine option that I can purchase is the 2.2 MHawk putting out 120 Bhp. Does anybody on Team-Bhp or outside Team-Bhp use a Getaway having this engine? I know a couple of people having the 2.6 CRDe but I dont know anybody having the 2.2 MHawk putting out 120 Bhp

5) Should I tweet Anand Mahindra to build me a low-variant regular Scorpio 4x4?

Please suggest any other vehicles that you may think of

Last edited by rahul4321 : 31st December 2017 at 10:37. Reason: Addition
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 18:38   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post

I spoke to 2 dealerships; both said the Getaway is out of production. One said they are waiting for 2018 manufacturing while the other said they are waiting for a facelift.
The BS4 engine option that I can purchase is the 2.2 MHawk putting out 120 Bhp. Does anybody on Team-Bhp or outside Team-Bhp use a Getaway having this engine? I know a couple of people having the 2.6 CRDe but I dont know anybody having the 2.2 MHawk putting out 120 Bhp
This won't really answer you queries, but anyway, just a couple days ago I spotted a newly delivered Getaway (in Rajasthan). It was the BSIV 2WD version as per the specification sticker and carried the old familiar face. The facelift is yet to launch.

It's likely these cars are anyway made-to-order, 4WD version even more so. Dealer could be reluctant to take a booking especially when a facelift of a made-to-order car is to be launched soon, for the fear that the customer might change his/her mind too late.

Contacting people at Mahindra working at regional level might give you more practical insight.

Mahindra launches Scorpio Getaway 4X4 double cab-whatsapp-image-20171231-18.08.22.jpeg

Cheers!

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 31st December 2017 at 18:45. Reason: Clarify
Senna4Ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 20:17   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
This won't really answer you queries, but anyway, just a couple days ago I spotted a newly delivered Getaway (in Rajasthan). It was the BSIV 2WD version as per the specification sticker and carried the old familiar face. The facelift is yet to launch.

It's likely these cars are anyway made-to-order, 4WD version even more so. Dealer could be reluctant to take a booking especially when a facelift of a made-to-order car is to be launched soon, for the fear that the customer might change his/her mind too late.

Contacting people at Mahindra working at regional level might give you more practical insight.

Attachment 1711503

Cheers!

Excellent. Thank you for this. So atleast, we know that the Getaway BSIV MHawk with a 2.2 Engine is not a "mythical creature"

If this was only a couple of days back, I am positive M&M will be continuing the production of the Getaway till the facelift is launched. Truth be told, I do not want the facelift because I like the current face better (and also because a facelift would come with a price increase). I will see if I can now talk to some Regional Heads and get the Getaway manufactured.

I have also dropped in a rather disapproving email to M&M for not having a low variant Scorpio 4x4 and indirectly pushing customers to the top variant if they want a Scorpio 4x4. Lets see what happens now.
Old 31st December 2017, 20:50   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent. Thank you for this. So atleast, we know that the Getaway BSIV MHawk with a 2.2 Engine is not a "mythical creature"

If this was only a couple of days back, I am positive M&M will be continuing the production of the Getaway till the facelift is launched.
Yes, the fact that I saw it just recently is a good sign for you. Unless, in the time it took for this car to deliver, Mahindra decided to halt the production in preparation for facelift. I sincerely hope not.

Good luck with getting your hands on a Getaway. We could really use some more lifestyle pick-ups on Indian roads.

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 31st December 2017 at 20:54.
Old 31st December 2017, 22:24   #117
BHPian

I think if you can wait, the up coming Jimny fits your needs best. Unfortunately there is no confirmation on exactly when it will debut, not to mention the uncertainty on the production of a 5 door India specific version. Just some "food for thought".

Suzuki Jimny
Old 21st January 2018, 10:46   #118
BHPian

I have confirmation from 2 dealerships that the Getaway 4x4 is now available on order. It comes with 2.2 Mhawk and the old familiar Mighty Muscular Scorpio face and not the current Scorpio face. However I guess if I am buying a Getaway, the Isuzu V Cross should be a much better vehicle- even though it's a little more expensive.

I have gotten in touch with Mahindra Customer Care and escalated upwards until the head of the customer service department called me up and said there is only a trickle of inquires for a Scorpio 4x4 in a lower variant. Hence owing to less demand, Mahindra will not be able to manufacture one for me

Sad state of affairs at Mahindra. It's not like their sales charts are on fire and they can't disrupt their regular production plans to produce a one-off vehicle for me. Mahindra's Loss, Isuzu's Gain

Last edited by rahul4321 : 21st January 2018 at 10:52.
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:31   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However I guess if I am buying a Getaway, the Isuzu V Cross should be a much better vehicle- even though it's a little more expensive.
You are correct.

Quote:
I have gotten in touch with Mahindra Customer Care and escalated upwards until the head of the customer service department called me up and said there is only a trickle of inquires for a Scorpio 4x4 in a lower variant. Hence owing to less demand, Mahindra will not be able to manufacture one for me
When I was in a similar situation 7 months back, I was confirmed about the availability of the Scorpio s4+ 4wd but then was denied any discount upfront which is usual for all other models. At the end the sales guy told that he needed to take approval of the area manager and finally I was informed about the quotation after approximately 1 and half months! Even worse was Xenon's. After following up for three months I got a negative response for the 3.0 litre version.
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks