Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2022, 21:17   #241
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

The All Grip has the option to choose Snow. Really? why would someone in India want a snow mode. We need a pothole mode.
Mumbaiker is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 22:11   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
The Sunroof of Grand Vitara is different.

Never seen a car where the rear glass also moves. Normally it's the front glass however, in this Vitara both the glass has separate motors and both move making the opening massive.
Still the sunroof offered by Hyryder & Vitara are smaller compared to Creta & Astor. The sunroof shade is very transparent and allows light and heat even when the roof is closed. Don't understand what they are thinking while designing the sunroof
Old 21st July 2022, 00:04   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
But this does look very good indeed especially in that black colorway. It's been a while since I've seen a black maruti and I guess it's time to see a lot more.
Where did you see black? I guess there is no black colour option in GV.
You might have mistaken the Grey for Black in dark light at launch.
Old 21st July 2022, 00:10   #244
BHPian

I like the car and if priced right should plonk my money too, given the way things are headed with the 10 yr life of my diesel vehicle.

So it kind of caters to the EV crowd and AWD Suv's also, a gap which was left open after the venerable Duster AWD.

Good design and feature set, should take the market by storm. And yeah this mileage of 28 for an SUV seems pretty nice where other vehicles in the segment give just a 1/3rd of this.

All the best to MS and Toyota, please keep it sub 20 lacs on-road.
Moto$apien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 01:24   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Where did you see black?
Saw the black option at Nexa website.

Edit - Opened the webpage again and just realised that there is no black color. I mistook chestnut 'brown' for chestnut black. Well, this is what lack of sleep does to a person

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 21st July 2022 at 01:36.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 07:15   #246

After a few years we may have poster release, teaser, trailer, music launch, BTS video, etc all starting 2 years before launch. And prebookings obviously will start as soon as the poster comes out. ��
ajilphilip is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 07:46   #247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajilphilip View Post
After a few years we may have poster release, teaser, trailer, music launch, BTS video, etc all starting 2 years before launch. And prebookings obviously will start as soon as the poster comes out. ��
I absolutely hate the idea of having to book a car before the prices are announced. Then cancelling the booking when the prices are beyond your expectations, this happened to me with the New Maruti Brezza
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 07:53   #248
BHPian

I am just wondering if the AWD (Allgrip Select) is just another euphemism for Drive/Terrain Modes that other cars in the category also offer?

I couldn't see anything that suggest any mechanical capability for AWD..

Looks like that the Taigun is the only one in this class to offer some degree of off-roading mechanical capability (electronic differential lock)
Old 21st July 2022, 08:15   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Vee View Post
Both are wrong.

This is an all-new car built on Suzuki's Global C platform. If a car is built on the platform of another car, then it is considered as a reworked model?

By this logic, we can call Fortuner a reworked Innova and 5th gen City a reworked 4th gen City right?
Because it is a reworked Vitara. Heavily revised? Heavily updated? Extensive facelift?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ly-matter.html (New car, but old platform : Does it really matter?) I don't care if it is an old platform, as long as it is competent.

There is no problem calling this a next generation Vitara. Lines are blurred. All body panels maybe different, the dashboard maybe new. But all-new is just marketing talk. The only thing all new that I see is the hybrid system from Toyota and the digital instrument cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
The All Grip has the option to choose Snow. Really? why would someone in India want a snow mode. We need a pothole mode.
Well, it has been plucked straight from the Suzuki AWD system offered mainly in places where it snows. They could have named it rain mode I guess for India..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I am just wondering if the AWD (Allgrip Select) is just another euphemism for Drive/Terrain Modes that other cars in the category also offer?

I couldn't see anything that suggest any mechanical capability for AWD..

Looks like that the Taigun is the only one in this class to offer some degree of off-roading mechanical capability (electronic differential lock)
Not at all. This is a proper AWD system. Also superior to those on demand AWD systems. There are lots of videos where it is shown this is even superior to the Quattro system in lower Audis like Q2.

Last edited by DicKy : 21st July 2022 at 08:17.
DicKy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 08:20   #250
BANNED

The Grand Vitara once came with a 3.2 litre V6 engine producing 230 bhp and 290 Nm of torque.

It was Suzuki’s flagship model along with the XL-7.

Now we have a flagship with a w-e-e-d-y engine. What a shame!

For those who don’t want power Suzuki had plenty of models starting from the S-Presso.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st July 2022 at 08:51. Reason: Removed unnecessary bold and name correction.
EV NXT is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 08:24   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
The side profile of the GV reminded me of the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Anyone else who felt the same?
They look different 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Looks better than Hyryder in my opinion, although Alloys seems to be straight lift from XL6.
Correct, good to see MSI taking others head on with a range of SUV models.
The competition would be interesting and the winner off course would be the customer.
If they nail the 'X'NCAP ratings there is no stopping them. Toyota selling the same model definitely gives confidence the safety ratings would be adequate. Atleast not the 3 stars of the competition. Should be 4 +.
Interesting times.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st July 2022 at 08:49. Reason: Back to Back posts merged. Trimmed quoted posts.
Old 21st July 2022, 08:35   #252
BHPian

Good one. Not a fan of the Entertainment unit jutting out of the top - prefer it to be integrated. Wish instead of gimmicks like Heads up display - something more practical like Ventilated seats were given.

Being a relatively staid driver - I'd definitely consider this over the Creta. Been very happy with the no fuss ownership of Suzukis and Hyundais over the last 6 odd years after having faced issues with the Europeans before.
Old 21st July 2022, 08:54   #253
BHPian

Did some background reading on the Allgrip Select .

This is truly magnificent - the best AWD technology yet and just short of being a 4*4 drive vehicle. Kudos to Maruti & Toyota to bring it to this segment !

Suzuki has a page with great explanation and a host of videos to explain more on the different drive modes, Auto, Lock etc.

https://www.globalsuzuki.com/allgrip/

Pity that this is not available in the AT variants. Yet.
BUXX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 09:18   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Grand Vitara will be India's most fuel efficient SUV with a claimed 27.97km/l. (Strong Hybrid)
I would like to quote this post by bhpian DImPo in the context of claimed FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
ARAI / NATRIP Lab certified Fuel economy figures are based on the old NEDC ( New European Driving Cycle). Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) is the new laboratory test used to measure fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Most countries like UK have adopted the WLTP for testing of fuel economy.

WLTP tests are still conducted in a laboratory but the tests are more varied, with more realistic testing conditions. Hence, the WLTP fuel consumption figures are expected to be more closer to the actual / real world fuel consumption.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 21st July 2022 at 09:24.
Old 21st July 2022, 09:42   #255
BHPian

Anyone noticed those trapezoidal wheel arches? Looks like they hired the designers from Jeep.
IamYogi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks