Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2023, 10:08   #1306

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-period-428541

The Mahindra website booking status does not reflect any such reduction in delivery date as per this article.

I had booked a Z2 Scorpio in September 2022, this model shows a wait period in the article as 7-8 months hence as per this timeline I should have got delivery this month. Instead the order status is showing another 8 months from today with a delivery date of Feb 2023!

Mahindra need to pull up their sock and deliver cars rather than do bogus PR stunts to get new bookings.
They are just trying to get more bookings.
I booked Z8 on 18th August, 2022. Almost 11 months gone now.
The expected delivery date is currently stuck at Jan-Feb 2024.

In 18 months, other carmakers start preparing to launch a facelift.
By the time we get deliveries, a lot of things in the car in terms of technology may become obsolete.

They are still prioritising higher priced Z8L. Even today if you book a new Z8L, it gets delivered in 90 days. Dealers are pushing people to go for Diesel, Automatic, or 4x4 options to make more money in case of existing bookings.

This sales strategy is shortsighted.
Old 11th July 2023, 10:02   #1307
BHPian

I cancelled my price protected Z8 D AT 4x4 last week. I had no update or e mail after almost 1 year of booking the car and I had lost all interest in the car by now.
Sorry Mahindra but this experience has left a sour taste and I will try and keep away from Mahindra cars in the future.
dhruv45in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:32   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I cancelled my price protected Z8 D AT 4x4 last week. I had no update or e mail after almost 1 year of booking the car and I had lost all interest in the car by now.
Sorry Mahindra but this experience has left a sour taste and I will try and keep away from Mahindra cars in the future.
Could it be intentional as you had a price protected booking?
Old 11th July 2023, 11:51   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadkhan View Post
Could it be intentional as you had a price protected booking?
That would be my guess as well! And the story doesnt end here. Two days after cancelling I got a call from my dealership that my car is in transit!
Coincidence?
dhruv45in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 10:54   #1310

Congratulations to myself on the first anniversary of my booking!
The delivery date from the website is 5 Aug and the status is "Waiting for production". Impressive JIT production planning from Mahindra.

Dealer - Sahyadri Motors, Pune is completely clueless on when I can expect delivery.

Can anyone give me a good reason not to cancel my booking?

Model Z8D-4WD.

Last edited by manson : 25th August 2023 at 00:56. Reason: Typo.
suniltheone is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 13:20   #1311
BHPian

I'm surprised read a few comments here with regards to the delivery! Seems like Mahindra is clearing avoiding delivering vehicles to one's that have the 'price protection' in the interests of higher profits.

As a matter of fact, I just happened to enquire with a local dealer here in Goa and they promised me a delivery in under 7 months; ofcourse for the Z8L variant only. Moreoever, they even had a few top of the line XUV700's ready for delivery!
Old 2nd August 2023, 16:26   #1312
BHPian

After waiting for almost a year and no update from Mahindra. I lost all my interest in car and cancelled my booking.
Old 2nd August 2023, 16:41   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniltheone View Post
Can anyone give me a good reason not to cancel my booking?

The sheer pleasure of driving and owning a Scorpio N.

If yours is price protected -- all the more worth it.
Old 11th August 2023, 10:50   #1314

Hi All,

Again, the booking tracking site is down. Mahindra has made this habit of taking its customer for granted. Its been over a year of wait time and still no sign of delivery. how can i cancel the booking when the tracking site is down, any ideas?
Old 11th August 2023, 11:00   #1315
Senior - BHPian

With backlog it has, Mahindra as a brand may fall of people's radars when it comes to buying, as no one will be prepared to wait for a year or two after booking a car. Choices are many and these are not HM & PAL days when you had to book and keep twiddling thumbs or run after someone with "influence" to expedite your delivery! Voted "Other". I read somewhere that it has a backlog of 280k

Last edited by Durango Dude : 11th August 2023 at 11:01.
Old 11th August 2023, 13:11   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Guys, in Delhi-NCR, dealers tell me that Petrol Z8 and Z8L, specially the Automatic Variants, are available almost readily for all colours except White and Black, or max with 4 weeks waiting if the colour choice is White or Black.

Just for information.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 14:13   #1317
BHPian

I am a victim of this new unscientific and illogical booking process with all Indian automobile companies in general and Mahindra in particular.

I bought Scorpio VLX in 2009 from India Garage and the buying experience was exceptional. The car was even brought to my home and the keys handed over with a group photo in front of my home.

Fast forward and coming to 2021. Being a great admirer of our own Indian brand Mahindra, wanted to upgrade to XUV700. Asked the Dealer during one of my regular services and the dealer told me to wait for press release of the booking process directly from Mahindra and they don’t have any say in the matter. Initially I liked the response and waited for the booking process to start online. On the D Day, I made sure that my laptop and internet connection speed are all good for the booking.From the first second after the booking site is open, I kept on refreshing the screen but unsuccessful as the server is overloaded. I finally could do the booking. Subsequently, I got a message from Mahindra that I would get the vehicle after 6 months. I cancelled the booking and there is no refund done immediately. On following up on tweeter, finally got my deposit back minus 10% cut by Mahindra.

I had a bad experience with Mahindra where brand loyalty of having used their car for more than a decade means nothing to them.

I went to Toyota web site and booked online Crysta Z Diesel automatic. Immediately, I got a call from dealer Ravindu, paid cash and took delivery immediately. The dealer sent his person with number plates and fixed it at my home along with a technician who fixed the 360 degree camera at my home. Absolutely no waiting of any sort. The whole experience was so good and I wished that this is the way the consumers must be treated especially after spending 3 million rupees in hard earned money.

I was a bit rude in my tweet to Mahindra that they are trying to chew more than they can swallow. What changed in 12 years at Mahindra?

All automobile companies who think the consumers will wait for years to have their products are doing a big mistake. Love for their products will turn to hatefulness if deliveries are delayed beyond a reasonable time. People like me would go elsewhere to buy from their competitors.

Last edited by manson : 25th August 2023 at 00:58. Reason: Typo.
Mystic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 01:32   #1318

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys, in Delhi-NCR, dealers tell me that Petrol Z8 and Z8L, specially the Automatic Variants, are available almost readily for all colours except White and Black, or max with 4 weeks waiting if the colour choice is White or Black.

Just for information.
Really? I contacted my SA at Koncept Noida 10 days back but he was saying Z8 are not coming. My booking is black (Z8 P AT) but I have told him that I am flexible on colours but still he hasn’t contacted.
Old 13th August 2023, 07:27   #1319
BHPian

I booked a booked a Scorpion N Z8 D AT on 22nd July 2023 with a dealer in Bangalore. I was told that while official waiting is 12 months, my variant could be delivered in 3-4 months.

Imagine my surprise that within a 3-4 days the Mahindra portal showed up that the car is in Dealership and getting ready to delivered July 28th 2023.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20230813-7.03.48-am.png

Frantically, I called up the SA (I was out station) to check if this true. The SA advised some problems in the booking site, and confirmed that unfortunately that is not correct, but he will still try to allocate to me if anything suddenly changes at the Dealership last minute.

True, as July rolled out and August 2023 came in, my booking went back tracking.

First, the earlier date of delivery of July 28th delivery vanished, but still in ready to Deliver mode.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20230813-7.01.19-am.png

Then, after another few days, the status got modified from in ready to Deliver with Dealer to the dreaded waiting for Production with a due date of Feb 2024.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20230813-7.02.47-am.png

Finally on 11 August 2023, the car vanished from Mahindra booking Portal. Nothing to see! Frantically I emailed the booking support at Mahindra to confirm if the Dealer was playing any games here. And this is the response I received from Mahindra that the Portal is under upgrade and basically the Portal should not be trusted., while the booking is in intact.
So guess it's all right then!
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20230813-7.19.26-am.png

At the same time, I got the message from another person, of the revised waiting period of Mahindra as of 11 August 2023. It does seem at Scorpio N D/P Automatic variants are readily available of 10-12 weeks, while Manuals are in greater backlogged, especially on Z8. Interestingly its the opposite of XUV700, where Automatics are in greater demand.
Name:  Screenshot 20230813 at 7.23.23 AM.png
Views: 560
Size:  197.3 KB

Moral of the story: the waiting period depends on variant/transmission and possibly color etc. The SA should have better visibility than what the booking Portal shows up.

Last edited by mk600 : 13th August 2023 at 07:38.
Old 13th August 2023, 08:42   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I am a victim of this new unscientific and illogical booking process with all Indian automobile companies in general and Mahindra in particular.
I was a bit rude in my tweet to Mahindra that they are trying to chew more than they can swallow. What changed in 12 years at Mahindra?

All automobile companies who think the consumers will wait for years to have their products are doing a big mistake. Love for their products will turn to hatefulness if deliveries are delayed beyond a reasonable time. People like me would go elsewhere to buy from their competitors.
I think the problem was all products Mahindra had launched, XUV 700, Thar, Scorpio-N and Scorpio Classic have been hit's and Mahindra wasn't prepared for this and has been caught with huge capacity constraints. This is bad mismanagement by the Mahindra hierarchy in not having foresight or having done any market survey for the products before hand and planning for a capacity increase. You haven't been harsh you've hit the nail on the head. With a reputation like this the brand will fall of the radar of prospective buyers.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 13th August 2023 at 08:44.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks