Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2023, 17:52   #1351

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
I booked Z8 D AT and got a delivery in less than 3 weeks. If it helps, I heard that waiting times for automatics are lower.

Also, since you are in Bangalore, try the Mahindra Sireesh showroom in Sarjapur Road, they are a new one, and they will follow up. There is Mohan there, who helped me in the vehicle delivery promptly.

In general, the Mahindra vehicle tracking was useless and tends to great a hype of 1 year waiting period. I got my pre-delivery inspection while the tracking showed under manufacturing with a scheduled delivery in 8 months.
@MK600, Congratulations & Thanks a lot for the information.
I am planning to book one from the same dealer (same branch), can you please provide the details of insurance taken:
1) How much is the amount quoted from dealer and agreed upon. Are they forcing to take the insurance from dealership.
2) Type of insurance and coverage.

Also, please comment on 2nd row comfort for long distances, is that bouncy? I am confused between Xuv700 and Scorpio -N.
If possible, can i DM you for more details, or you can DM me. TIA!
Old 11th December 2023, 20:59   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post
I am planning to book one from the same dealer (same branch), can you please provide the details of insurance taken:
1) How much is the amount quoted from dealer and agreed upon. Are they forcing to take the insurance from dealership.

Also, please comment on 2nd row comfort for long distances, is that bouncy? I am confused between Xuv700 and Scorpio -N.
Today only I received a message from Mohan mentioning that they have few Scorpio and XUVs ready for delivery. You can contact him, even I got my car from him. I initially booked the XUV then suddenly one day felt to test drive the Scorpio and asked for an extended one, he immediately arranged for the same and was happy to let me choose the road and duration of the drive. He is a very nice person and never forced me to take the insurance from the showroom and also when my loan process was getting delayed by few days he waited very patiently and never showed any urgency or irritation.

Coming to ride quality yes XUV will be better than Scorpio but in my 6500 Kms of ownership, my friends or my family have never complained about the same its very livable .

Just noticed you don't have DM privilege, you can contact Mohan on 9632411887.

Last edited by .sourov : 11th December 2023 at 21:07. Reason: adding info
.sourov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 12:37   #1353

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
Today only I received a message from Mohan mentioning that they have few Scorpio and XUVs ready for delivery.
===
Just noticed you don't have DM privilege; you can contact Mohan on 9632411887.
Many Thanks Sourav.
I will contact the SA and check the status. BTW, which part of Bangalore do you live. I am at Bellandur.
Thanks !
Old 12th December 2023, 20:59   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIPS99 View Post

KRIPS99,

Thank you!

I see I paid 64,689 bumper to bumper, including GST. I was soft forced into Insurance, but my SA didn't hard force me, and in the end matched my Insurance from Acko. My SA was Mohan, in case that helps, you can take my reference. The Insurance was bumper to bumper. Third party damage, theft, calamities, fire etc.

I have not taken a long ride, but in general, I find that a 40-50kmph speed Scorpio-N glides over bumpers and humps. It's in low speed that some body roll can be felt. In general, my wife and friends mention that space is HUGE on the 2nd row, ventilation is good, and views are equally good.

I would suggest, do a back to back test drive. I did one, and I could not find a difference between the comforts offered by BOF and Monocoque designs from Mahindra. Coming from a low slung sedan, I immediately liked how trucks, buses made way for Scorpio-N and liked how I could see nearly see the roofs of the Safari . For me the high failure rates of gadgets of XUV700 was a concern. The XUV700 forum on TBHP is filled with 600 pages of stories around that, and the relatively low intensity of technology/software in Scorpio-N meant, we probably have a better mental peace, that limits of just 200 pages of mostly positive reviews here.

I DM'd you my whatsapp number. All the Best!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd April 2024 at 10:51. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please. Thanks.
mk600 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 20:41   #1355

Hi All,
Thank you for accepting my membership on this wonderful forum and encouraging me to join here. I am following this forum for almost a decade now and at various instances this forum has helped to make right choices.

I booked my Scorpio N on 28 Feb and vehicle is already at the dealer, hopefully I’ll get the delivery next week. I got Z8 D AT and now learnt that Z8 D AT is reduced to R17 from R18.
While booking, I was clearly shown that I’ll get R18 wheels but now nobody is taking responsibility of not communicating the change to me.

What should we prefer- R17 or R18? I think I’ll also complain to M&M that this is not something I paid for and I have screenshot of my booking with date & time visible on the computer. Any suggestions or guidance is welcome.
Old 2nd April 2024, 08:07   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBhai View Post

What should we prefer- R17 or R18? I think I’ll also complain to M&M that this is not something I paid for and I have screenshot of my booking with date & time visible on the computer. Any suggestions or guidance is welcome.
It shouldn't matter much. Except for looks, 17" wheels are any day better than 18". Ride will be better due to higher sidewalls and when it comes to replacement, you will have better options and at lower costs.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd April 2024 at 10:49. Reason: Trimmed quote.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 10:04   #1357

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpion.jpeg

Here's my Scorpio N Z8 D AT as it comes home.

Dealer and M&M agreed that they failed to communicate this change to me and M&M also failed to update their booking site, accessories brochure and product brochure of Scorpio N that they sent to me after my booking.

As an exchange, I got few accessories - very overpriced, ex. I got Door Rain visors set of 4 for Rs. 5280/- which is available in market for Rs. 1000 to 1500.

Cancelled 7D mats as M&M has only one variant now which is not my personal choice, I liked the black with red stitching on it but dealer said that variant is discontinued and only available is this coffee/beige color.

I'll keep this forum posted, may be in 'Mahindra Scorpio-N Review' thread about the accessories I bought from the dealer and then the next set of accessories after market with other upgrades.

Looking for good dashcams now, Qubo and 70mai are the ones I found via google search and reviews on marketplaces as good and cheap alternatives, looking for one with GPS.
NeilBhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 16:53   #1358

I know I need to write a detailed experience with the dealership and accessories. I'll do it as soon as possible.
To give you guys an update, I completed 1075 kms till yesterday evening and I cannot book service as the accessories entry is still not closed by the dealer. Is there any other way to book first service?
I am using Mahindra for You -> Mahindra Network -> Workshop Selection -> Book Slot but then book slot shows me Open RO item for my accessories. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th April 2024 at 17:02.
Old 15th April 2024, 19:30   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBhai View Post
I cannot book service as the accessories entry is still not closed by the dealer. Is there any other way to book first service?
This is interesting. It's the first time I've heard of someone being unable to book a service appointment due to a previous open entry of accessory item.

Have you tried calling the service center for an appointment? Or perhaps made a quick visit? I recommend visiting the service center and talking with an available service advisor. They should be able to guide you.

I don't have experience with Mahindra, but for other brands, service center representatives generally start calling you as the month ends (for first service) or when the next service due date approaches.
It's Magic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 21:11   #1360

I called dealer many times and they were repeating that accessories bill will take time as they delivered 300+ vehicles from their 9 showrooms.
I raised a complaint at mahindra and got this sorted in 3 hours.
Now next challenge is to get the slot at nearest service center - not all service centers accept online bookings and the ones that do and are in 20km radius of my home seem all booked for April and no further future bookings are allowed at this time.
The 9 showrooms guy has only 1 service center in opposite end of the city- lesson here for others: check if service center is accessible to you and if your seller has one nearby.

I need to talk to service guy for following issues:
1. CarPlay keeps disconnecting abruptly especially when you choose radio as source for music- issue is observed 3 times in every 10 times of source selection and sometimes carplay stops for no reason- you can’t find way in the middle of city and this system can’t be relied on, had to keep another mobile on maps too - whole purpose of carplay is lost
2. Infotainment and instrument cluster restarts automatically (happened twice) during the ride when car is running at 90-100kmph, whoops - no more information.
3. Cruise works if it wants to otherwise refuses to engage - abrupt issue
4. Auto start-stop refused to work twice with blinking light laughing at me saying I won’t work for you
5. Entire vehicle moves its back to right side when you go over set of little breakers at 30-50 kmph

Barring above issues, 4 days - 1100 km was a very enjoyable and satisfying ride with very little to no tiredness.
This car pulls you towards it and you’ll want to just pick up the key and start driving all day long

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks