Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2023, 18:12   #76
BHPian

Re: Fun to drive, yet Fuel efficient cars of past and present

I have a Fiat linea mjd. Have clocked 1.92 lakh kms. Gives me consistently above 20 kmpl on my highway drives and it's damn fun to drive
AW1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 14:00   #77
BHPian

Here are my favourite cars on this topic

Maruti Suzuki Swift: Agile handling and fun-to-drive nature with a peppy 1.2-liter petrol engine that delivers good fuel efficiency of around 21 km/l.

Honda City: Refined 1.5-liter petrol engine with excellent fuel efficiency of around 18 km/l, and light and nimble handling, making it a joy to drive.

Volkswagen Polo GT TSI: 1.0-liter turbocharged petrol engine with quick acceleration and sharp handling, making it a fun car to drive on twisty roads.

Ford EcoSport: Good handling, high ground clearance, and a range of engine options, including 1.5-liter petrol engine with fuel efficiency of around 15 km/l and 1.5-liter diesel engine with around 22 km/l.

Chevy Optra: Known for its comfortable ride and handling with a 2.0-liter diesel engine that delivers good fuel efficiency of around 14 km/l.

Mahindra Thar: Off-road capabilities and fun-to-drive nature with a 2.0-liter turbocharged petrol engine that delivers around 12 km/l.

Ford Fiesta: Known for its sharp handling and fun-to-drive nature with a 1.5-liter diesel engine that delivers good fuel efficiency of around 25 km/l.
Old 25th April 2023, 15:42   #78
BHPian

My Ameo 1.5 TDI DSG is super fun to drive and also returns a respectable 18 kmpl with very spirited driving on highways. With normal cruising even at 100-120, you can easily get above 20kmpl on highways. It is very sad that today we don't have any such combos which can provide both performance & mileage. I never thought I will keep the Ameo for so long, but the TDI + DSG + VW handling combination is hard to beat.
Old 26th April 2023, 09:25   #79

A great thread and kudos to those who started.
My Honda City eHev perfectly fits the bill which got a 1.5 vtec engine. A fun to drive machine which provides great comfort and an amazing mileage.
Recent trip to Kochi from Bangalore in non eco mode gave me a mileage of 27 on odo. The additional torque and adas features on highway with eHev was just incredible.
Attached Thumbnails
Fun to drive, yet Fuel efficient cars of past and present-picsart_230426_091809751.jpg  

Fun to drive, yet Fuel efficient cars of past and present-img_20230408_091841904.jpg  

Greenville is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 12:01   #80
BHPian

I would like to add a car to this growing list - The First gen Swift in the K12 Guise. It was launched towards the end of this generation's existence and had a short lifespan on the sales rack. It had decent power(for cars of those times) and had great handling and still managed to give 18-20 kmpl on highways. We got one back in Dec 2010 (my parents dreaded the fuel efficiency of the G13BB and waited for the K12 to be launched ) and it has been with us since then. Still puts a smile on the face of anybody who's driving it, 12.5 years and 1.2 lac KM later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks