Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2023, 13:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

A glimpse of the Dashboard. Looks very ordinary. AC vents seems plasticky with no premiumness. Instrument cluster is same as Honda City.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-h1.jpg  

Honda Elevate Preview-h2.jpg  

Honda Elevate Preview-h3.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 6th June 2023 at 13:26.
RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:26   #62
BHPian

Hi, ELEVATE to me can be summarized

- Dimension is at par with competition
- NA engine is slightly better than competition
- Exterior look is lost in the crowd types. It is very ordinary looking SUV
- From the short video, it appears that ride will be bouncy, I noticed it, may be some others too
- From front it look like cousin sister of Grand Vitara, from side mother of Punch and from rear elder sister of Hyundai Venue 2023

Body language of Honda Executives is not at all positive. They seems to be just wake up from sleep and come for the presentation.

Manufacturers should not unveil their products the way ELEVATE is unveiled or showcased. I feel it was a poorly presented show by the Honda's team.
GoBabyGo is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:27   #63
BHPian

For sure this car will be among my list if I enter the market in the near term. Though many other details are remaining, it seems a proper family car and an alternative for those who want to stay within the Honda family or for those who don't like the competition for a reason of their choice.

For me, it has Jeep Compass vibes, which is a good thing. Someone mentioned Kiger Or Magnite - those cars actually look bigger for their segment visually when compared to a Sonet Or Nexon. Especially Kiger. Visually this car is surely comparable to the Creta.

And finally, design is a personal choice. I don't see a reason why the design should be considered any inferior to some cars with ugly rears or plain jane looks - which the market laps up nevertheless. For me, Honda stands for reliability (I don't consider minor niggles here as against brake failures or other form of break downs), ergonomics, comfort, and safety. And in that regard, I think they are ahead of many of their competitors. It's a choice they seem to have consciously made.
theabstractmind is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:30   #64
BHPian

It has a boot space of 458 L, better than Creta/Seltos.
NH08 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
Honda launched a Nissan Magnite look alike!
Totally agree. Here is a quick comparison of side views of Elevate and Magnite.

Honda Elevate Preview-elevate.png

Name:  magnite.png
Views: 1017
Size:  230.4 KB
Knightrider is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Very tempted to trade in my 1.5 NA Creta S for this one but only if they match the Korean 1.5 NA cars pricing variant for variant.

Looks like they benchmarked the 2nd gen Creta for this which explains the 3 year delay.
Shares not just overall dimensions but also some design elements with the Creta like the oversized front grille and the front and rear subdued skidplates
The only reason the tail looks wrong on this one is because of the use of too much plastic on the rear bumpers.

They should have experimented with the rear skid plates and painted the panels all the way to the bottom on the sides like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-img20230517wa0021.jpg  

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686037348434.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:31   #67
BHPian

Very underwhelming from Honda !!

Take into account the importance of this product that could have either catapulted Honda back to its yesteryear glory or continued on its downward spiral. Happy to be proven wrong in few months time but i fear it's the latter.

What is the standout here? Zilch.
Ordinary no-standout design, tried and tested old NA engine from City, same CVT gearbox, no segment first features (infact quite a few lacking), same instrument console from the City and heck even the same or very similar looking alloys.

This car will be picked up by either Honda loyalists or folks who want no nonsense, practical point A to B in comfort kind of a car and even for that category, there are other options available. This one sadly lacks emotions and doesn't generate excitement.

Compare it to when Seltos was launched 4 years back around the same time:
3 engines, different trims (GT Line, Tech line), 3 gearboxes, so many segment first features for the time (HUD, BOSE sound, 360 degree camera, KIA connect, air purifier and what not. Add to it, the standout design for the time and it had everyone's attention.

Well Honda needed something like that to generate interest, and unfortunately, ELEVATE doesn't look like it will elevate HONDA.

Last edited by VS1811 : 6th June 2023 at 13:32.
VS1811 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:32   #68
BHPian

I must say that the camera angles for the launch and camera positions were very very poor. Expected better from Honda's marketing team.

Now to the Car itself:
  1. This isn't a WRV with makeup on. Honda fans rejoice!
  2. Front looks really butch and boxy like the Global Pilot. Love the way this car looks. The white and dark blue cars looked very premium and classy. From the sides and the rear Honda has played it safe.
  3. Ground Clearance is very good. Again more than the Korean twins.
  4. Taller than both Creta and Seltos.
  5. Same width as Creta. Seltos is 10mm wider.
  6. Longer than Creta. Seltos is 3mm longer.
  7. Wheelbase is 40mm more than Creta and Seltos. This has multiple benefits.
  8. Boot space is 458L, again more than Seltos.

Now for the most important pricing, they have to undercut the Seltos HTE and provide similar equipment levels else they will face a really tough time.

Good and genuine effort by Honda. Hope they don't get greedy and out-price themselves.
John316_WRC is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

I liked the front Butch look. Grill is typical either you like it or hate it in first Glance. However the back looks like a replica of Seltos. Could have done better.

Interiors looks typical Honda. Hopefully quality will be better what they provided in 4th generation City launch.

I can see many members disappointed by looks or what this SUV offers. I remember similar sentiments when 4th generation Honda City was launched but went on to become complete success for Honda.

Engine on paper isn't ground breaking but will reserve judgement till driven. How they tune it matters. No hybrid is a big opportunity miss. I believe they didn't even give a proper time line when it will come.

Ground clearance is great. On our pothole roads which are water clogged with first hint of rain this will be quite handy.

Did they mention boot space capacity? Can't find it anywhere.

Honda can still sell this in decent numbers if priced correctly. People still care for Honda name and it's reliability factor but due to stiff competition they won't tolerate the overpriced product.
harry10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:33   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post

c. They did not mention the capacity of the boot I think, but it looks pretty small to me - hopefully it is at least 350 litres, or else they would be making the same mistake Mahindra made with their XUV300.
Boot space has been mentioned as 458 L in some of the videos.
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:33   #71
BHPian

Considering the 1.5 NA and advanced CVT engine options, I get a feeling that Honda has deliberately not introduced any Turbo engine options for now. This way they would be able to price it sensibly.

Maybe depending on how the market reacts, they may introduce the turbo at a later date. Not doubt the thrill of turbo on highways is someting to experience, however turbo lags hamper city driving at lower rpms. Having a Linea Tjet, I can definitely say that and majority of the time, we drive in congested city traffic. So let us see how things span out.
SSD2122 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:33   #72
Senior - BHPian

Honda Elevate interiors

Honda Elevate Preview-20230606_132615.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230606_132618.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230606_132621.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230606_132623.jpg

Official pictures

Quote:
Honda has stepped into the SUV segment with the highly anticipated Honda Elevate. Brace yourselves for the arrival of this strong and boldly stylish urban freestyler that is set to redefine urban adventures. Get ready to elevate your driving experience like never before
Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038377042.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038379532.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038381734.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038384023.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038386125.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038388688.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038393162.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-fb_img_1686038395473.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th June 2023 at 13:36.
Venkatesh is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:34   #73
BHPian

Highly unimpressed.
honda just brought a sword to a gun fight. It is as barebones as it can get. Heck even the German twins provide ventilated seats.
360 is a big omission. No branded sound system. Interior parts been carried everywhere.
No segment first features aside from gimmicky ADAS.
Even the engine is boring.
Dont have high hopes with this launch.
Honda should definitely limit the on road price to 18L for top model.
Final words:
A 2019 car with ADAS.
Wonder why honda gives such treatment to Indian buyers.
Sanket299 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:34   #74
BHPian

The boot capacity is 458 liters - compared to that, Creta boot space is 433 liters.
Proud BRV Owner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:34   #75
BHPian

Honda has this grille and clamshell bonnet designs in their SUVs and also in their cars. So its in sync with that.

If the car shown is the top end model, sunroof is not panoramic. Or will it come with the hybrid version ? People might forget Elevate if they delay hybrid version and I think is a blunder not to launch with the top model.

I know people who went for petrol versions of CUVs with reasons like they ride less and diesels are polluting etc and spend lots of money on petrol for long drivers.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks